Windows 10: BSoD after cold boot or seconds after login

Discus and support BSoD after cold boot or seconds after login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I get BSODs when i boot my PC (usuallyafter bios somtimes within first seconds after login in to win10) and only if the computer was off for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sax608, Mar 10, 2020.

1. sax608 Win User

BSoD after cold boot or seconds after login

Hello,

I get BSODs when i boot my PC (usuallyafter bios somtimes within first seconds after login in to win10) and only if the computer was off for a while (~1hour). Restarts are no problem. Today i also got a black screen after boot up. I could use my mouse and there was a loading circle loop. Also i get strange black stripes on the screen when playing AOE Definitive in Fullscreen. But as it dissapears in window mode and when i use task manager i suppose this is a bug.

What i did so far:
    -Checked powerunit pins with multimeter //everything fine

-Changed PSU anyway

-Clean windows and drivers on a SSD

-Took out my failing/freezin GPU , iam now running my on board gpu

-unplugged my DVD Drive

-Memtest 86, 16hours //no error

-Used different RAM slots 1+3and2+4 in dual channel mode

- used xmp profile 1 in bios,

-used driver verifier with 3rd party drivers and some Microsoft drivers 7/no error

-Furmark andPrime 95 tests //no error

-Used only one Drive with clean win10 at a time and tried different ports and sata cables

-checked SMART

-Fresh Windows10 on a HDD

-flashed BIOS

-used GSmart tools with ultimate boot cd on every drive

-sfc,chdsk

System:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Y...bxMMGQDadxYYjQ

Win Version: 1909(Build18363.657)

I bought these components some time ago and a shop put them toghether. I always had issues and i'am wondering if the motherboard may be the problem.

Thanks for your time. I hope i posted all the information required.

greetings,
    sax

:)

sax608, Mar 10, 2020
  2. ElderJohn Win User

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Memory Related BSOD Every Cold Boot

First let me list my specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming

CPU: i7 8700k @ stock

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2133 MHz

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 TI

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO SSD (Windows Installed) 240GB

Seagate FireCuda 2TB HDD

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

I cannot find anyone to help me with this problem, so when the i7 8700k came out I bought a new motherboard, RAM and the CPU. But ever since i installed the parts I am now plagued with Memory Management and Kernel Security Check BSODs on cold boots only,
    it will keep giving me these errors seconds after the PC boots for almost a dozen times and then itll be fine until the next cold boot, if I restart the PC it wont give me the BSOD.

Ive reinstalled Windows 2 times but nothing, and I have tested the RAM multiple times with no errors and the PC is fine in Safe Mode.

I think it may be driver related but I dont know where to look.

Adam Garcia, Mar 10, 2020
  4. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

BSoD after cold boot or seconds after login [​IMG]

BSoD after cold boot or seconds after login [​IMG]

zinou, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. BSoD after cold boot or seconds after login - Similar Threads - BSoD cold boot

2. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  3. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  4. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD - 10.0.19042 Update after cold boot

BSOD - 10.0.19042 Update after cold boot: Hi guys, I'm very new to understanding Windows language and ultimately what's causing this BSOD error. I've scoured these and other forums to find answers or a guide, but I'm still finding myself without much knowledge, which is on me. I've decided to reach out here to see...
  6. Black screen after cold boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after cold boot: After a cold boot I get a black screen with no mouse pointer. The computer powers up and the monitor comes on but the manufacturer's logo doesn't show and nothing else appears. After repeatedly powering off (holding power button down) and retrying 5 or 6 times it eventually...
  7. BSOD on cold boot.

BSOD on cold boot.: I have been getting a variety of BSOD's on cold boots. After the first BSOD, everything runs smoothly thereafter; any amount of stress on the PC doesn't cause any BSOD. Things I have tried: Updated bios and all the motherboard related whatnot. Tried to update all my...
  8. BSOD on most "cold" boots (or first boot after several hours)

BSOD on most "cold" boots (or first boot after several hours): Hi, Here a summary of my problem... I used to run Windows 7 64-bit and decided it was time to upgrade in August 2015. I bought an SSD and an extra 8GB stick of identical RAM at the same time, and then proceeded to do a full clean (from scratch) install of Windows 10 Home...
  9. Problems after cold boot today.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after cold boot today.: Hello, i've recently just had a couple unusual problems today after i started my computer from a shut down. The first thing that happened was a black screen with no hdmi signal a few minutes after logging in. The computer seemed operational but with just no graphics output....
  10. Win 10 after a cold boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 after a cold boot: This happens when I power up the pc and it boots. The desktop appears, and when I click normally on an icon (a desktop shortcut) to open it, it doesn't open. Instead I get the menu that I would get if I had right-clicked on the icon. If I open it from there, there are...