Windows 10: Bsod after creating partition 0xc0000225

Discus and support Bsod after creating partition 0xc0000225 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need to install Linux for school and therefore was partitioning my windows. I created a 60GB and 1GB swap ext3 partitions using easus partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ovg, Sep 30, 2015.

1. OVG
    ovg Win User

Bsod after creating partition 0xc0000225

I need to install Linux for school and therefore was partitioning my windows.
    I created a 60GB and 1GB swap ext3 partitions using easus partition master and now I am getting a blue screen with that code. Note; I haven't tried to install Linux yet.

I used repair in windows usb media which couldn't find anything, then I tried the following:
    Attachment 40465Attachment 40466Attachment 40467

Sorry the photos uploaded upsidedown and in REVERSE ORDER *Huh

:)

2. PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 30, 2015
  3. Kinezakis Win User
    BSOD Jumping to BSOD at the same loop

Greetings... I just got a huge blue screens in a row...

So let me explain you.

BSOD Error ( code 0xc0000098 )

BSOD Error ( code 0xc0000225 )

-------------------------------------------------------------------

BSOD Error *Stop Code* System thread exception not handled

BSOD Error *Stop Code* Bad Pool Header

BSOD Error *Stop Code* IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

BSOD Error *Stop Code* Page fault no paged code in area

Each time I restart my PC im getting a new BSOD Error OR a Stop Code

The options to go Safe mode / command prompt / reinstall + Recovery Windows Doesn't work It stack on the Loading Screen with the PC Freezing.

Anyone can help with that? The only think I did is to transfer windows to other partition

-> Tip 1 ( Bios working fine )

-> Tip 2 ( If I try to disable the installation partition to set another im getting the same errors)

Hope someone help me... Im keep trying hours by hours cant find a solution...

Im Using (*1 Windows 10 x64 Home) ( Upgraded from 7 x86 to *1 )

Kinezakis, Sep 30, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi ovg,

Welcome to the 10forums.

To be clear, you can boot normally into windows or do you get a loop?
    If you can boot normally please read How to upload files

5. OVG
    ovg Win User
    No I can't boot at all, on the blue screen I can press enter to try again but it is the same result...

Sorry about my uploads, I'll know next time

6. axe0 New Member
    You can boot to rescue media, please open command prompt and enter the following command
    Code: start msconfig[/quote] If msconfig opens, go to the boot tab and click safe boot / mode.
    Try to boot.

7. OVG
    ovg Win User
    If msconfig opens, go to the boot tab and click safe boot / mode.
    Try to boot.[/quote] “windows cannot find 'msconfig'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again“

Using cmd in repair, windows 10 install disk

8. axe0 New Member

Try following if the OS is not locked.
    Code: chkdsk C: /r[/quote]

9. OVG
    ovg Win User
    [/quote] It's still going...
    Attachment 40487

10. axe0 New Member
    Yes, it might take a couple of hours depending on the size.

11. OVG
    ovg Win User
    [/quote] Attachment 40522

12. axe0 New Member
    Alright,

I did some research, because I wasn't very familiair with this error.
    The error simply means that Windows cannot find the System Files used for booting.
    The usual causes are
    • The System files are corrupt.
    • The disk File system has bad configuration.
    • Hardware fault.

For the disk file system I'll ask someone who has more knowledge about it, if this would be the case.

First, please try the following:

• Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

13. OVG
    ovg Win User

I'll upload the log
    [c4fmv.txt] - InfoTomb

14. axe0 New Member
    Please make sure in the BIOS the type is set to UEFI.

Did you have windows 8 or windows 7 as previous OS?

Have you made a backup image? So you can easily restore in case nothing helps.

15. OVG
    ovg Win User
    UEFI makes no difference booting (diagnosing shouldn't make a difference either way should it?)
    I had UEFI and secure boot off with months
    Right now it goes to legacy and cannot find a boot device, so I have to press f12 to give me a boot option for windows boot loader which displays the error

Windows 8 came on the machine and its gpt, not mbr
    I had not touched partitions previously

Unfortunately I haven't a backup (I was waiting to buy a bigger drive for my backups)

Just a side note, I booted the fedora install from a USB and it only showed 1 partition, even though I had just created a 60GB one with easus. It didn't show up in the windows repair media diskpart either (I assume because it is ext3)
    Could easus have messed up? Or not finished?
    Could it have made partitions where I had data? (I have used it several times without issue)

If you look at my partitions in previous screenshots, should their be active, boot partitions, etc?

Also due to shrinking the volume; could its address or ID (not sure of the term) have changed?

Thema:

1. Bsod after creating partition 0xc0000225 - Similar Threads - Bsod creating partition

2. Error 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xc0000225: My laptop wont start and has the Error 0xc0000225 and I am unable to go into safe mode meaning my only other option is to get a disk/USB with a recovery tool. However, I dont have a USB/disc or a functioning computer to download the tool onto. Any suggestions would be helpful...
  3. creating partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    creating partitions: I want to partition a new HDD. Could some please explain the best way f doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-partitions/b404630c-dc77-40f2-a8a0-972357c75bf4
  4. Error 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0xc0000225: So whenever i try to reset my pc, by using shift restart. I always get an error saying i need to repair my pc befor ei can do this. Ive looked up viedos on how to fix it but most of them say use command prompt but i cant open anythibg using shift restart. Of anyone has info...
  5. 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0xc0000225: Не запускается Windows 10. Код ошибки: 0xc0000225. Восстановление с флешки не помогло. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0xc0000225/fb7fb37a-14c8-4ee3-8573-36de71e9946c
  6. Error: 0xc0000225, File: \WINDOWS\System32\drivers\volume.sys after BSOD: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: 0xc0000225, File: \WINDOWS\System32\drivers\volume.sys after BSOD: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT: Hello all, Hopefully there will be someone to help me with this issue, I am under stress, and have lost my appetite and sleep to get this fixed for the past few days. I was working on a video project last Sunday (11-17-2019) with VSDC Free Video Editor and had pressed the...
  7. Error 0xc0000225 after IDE atapi uninstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error 0xc0000225 after IDE atapi uninstall: Hello Im order to make my laptop identify a sd carf i unistalled the IDE ATA/ATAPI device from device manager. After the reboot my laptop came up with the blue screen and said it encoutered error 0xc0000225. Nothing i tried helped. How can i fix this.?...
  8. Create partition

Create partition: Any guide on create partition ? 124529
  9. Create partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Create partition: Any guide on create partition ? 124529
  10. 0xc0000225 After partition merge, letters swapped?

0xc0000225 After partition merge, letters swapped?: After using the EASEUS boot manager to merge some unused partitions of the same disk to my C: drive, Windows reboots an I receive the 0xc0000225 error. I then booted Windows recovery from an USB and went into the CMD. I went on DiskPart and found that the drive letters for...
Tags: