Windows 10: BSOD after Creators Update "Attempted Switch from DPC"

Discus and support BSOD after Creators Update "Attempted Switch from DPC" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; System crashes 2-3 times a day, usually when idle. Log Collector files attached. Attachment 133382 83485 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brett4u6, May 3, 2017.

1. Brett4u6 Win User

BSOD after Creators Update "Attempted Switch from DPC"

System crashes 2-3 times a day, usually when idle. Log Collector files attached.

Attachment 133382

:)

Brett4u6, May 3, 2017

2. Error Code Attempted Switch from DPC Windows 10

Need To fix "attempted switch from DPC "code

RichardPlatt1313, May 3, 2017
  3. Windows 10 BSOD after installing Anniversary Update.

BSOD shortly after boot-up for "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" or "ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC". No other hardware or software changes other than the update to Win 10 Anniversary Edition.

BSOD Crash Info

testengineer64, May 3, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

The crash report suggests that it is due to snapman.sys a part of the Acronis True Image software. Try updating or removing this software and seeing if it makes a difference.

Code: BugCheck 100000B8, {86aceb40, c48878c0, 86ae6de0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys Probably caused by : snapman.sys ( snapman+11f6b )[/quote]

philc43, May 3, 2017
  5. Brett4u6 Win User
    Thanks. I've uninstalled Acronis and will see what happens. I read on their website that my version of Acronis is not compatible with Win10 so that is likely it.

Brett4u6, May 3, 2017
  6. Brett4u6 Win User
    No joy. Even with Acronis uninstalled the system still crashes with the same error. I've attached another set of log collector files.

Attachment 133536

Brett4u6, May 4, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    The latest files still show the snapman.sys driver as being present and being the most likely cause. Depending on what method you used to uninstall you can still leave behind the drivers which then continue to load.

Please try the following to uninstall Acronis using their cleanup utility: Acronis True Image: Cleanup Utility | Knowledge Base

philc43, May 4, 2017
  8. Brett4u6 Win User

That did the trick. The uninstaller did find remnants of Acronis and remove them. All is well. Thanks

Brett4u6, May 5, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    You're welcome *Thumbs

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after Creators Update "Attempted Switch from DPC" - Similar Threads - BSOD Creators Update

2. BSOD "Attempted Switch From DPC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD "Attempted Switch From DPC": Hello,Today I've experienced a bluescreen while using my computer. I was informed by my system that the BSOD was a result of "Attempted Switch From DPC", and I've been looking up guides and people with similar problems on here in an attempt to remedy the problem. According to...
  3. BSOD "Attempted Switch From DPC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD "Attempted Switch From DPC": Hello,Today I've experienced a bluescreen while using my computer. I was informed by my system that the BSOD was a result of "Attempted Switch From DPC", and I've been looking up guides and people with similar problems on here in an attempt to remedy the problem. According to...
  4. Attempted Switch from DPC BlueScreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempted Switch from DPC BlueScreen: I was browsing online when suddenly my PC ran into a BSOD with the error message, "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC". My windows and all my drivers are up to date. Here's the minidump file. Thanks:https://mega.nz/file/4VJWhZCI#ipkwVlhTQxl9eh-snJ-OOxWFN9S6jFMpUUME5N3JL3c...
  5. Attempted Switch from DPC BlueScreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attempted Switch from DPC BlueScreen: I was browsing online when suddenly my PC ran into a BSOD with the error message, "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC". My windows and all my drivers are up to date. Here's the minidump file. Thanks:https://mega.nz/file/4VJWhZCI#ipkwVlhTQxl9eh-snJ-OOxWFN9S6jFMpUUME5N3JL3c...
  6. Attempted switch from DPC - BSOD

Attempted switch from DPC - BSOD: Hey guys, Could someone help me analyze the potential source of this? It happened to me first time today when I booted up from sleep mode. When I debugged through WinDBG it said: "Cannot read PEB32 from WOW64 TEB32 0091f000 - Win32 error 0n30" 183316
  7. ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC BSOD error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC BSOD error: I keep getting the ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC ERROR when trying to install windows update KB4549951 and KB4550945. This is the MEMORY.DMP file that I have pasted below. I'm looking for the solution to this problem 0: kd> !analyze...
  8. ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC BSOD

ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC BSOD: Hi folks, This is a desktop with a MSI motherboard with an i9 9900 running Windows 10 Pro 64. After much fussing around, I thought I had found the source of my problem, and blamed bad ram. After switching it out, the machine ran for days. This morning, a BSOD with the...
  9. Attempted switch from DPC BSOD

Attempted switch from DPC BSOD: Random BSOD many times every day, I have copied the 3 Minidump files present in C: Windows, where do I send them for you to resolve my issue please...
  10. Attempt to switch from DPC

Attempt to switch from DPC: My computer is getting crashed and getting blue screen. I am getting the following error message 'Attempt to switch to DPC' Attached log files. Kindly help me in resolving this issue. 67043