Windows 10: BSOD after entering Hibernate mode

Discus and support BSOD after entering Hibernate mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to use hibernate mode, the system appears to hibernate at first, but the computer then blue screens with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bob_bmp, Jan 30, 2021.

1. bob_bmp Win User

BSOD after entering Hibernate mode

When I try to use hibernate mode, the system appears to hibernate at first, but the computer then blue screens with a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error.

Here is the minidump and msinfo export if needed:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsnnHJ975lu9hQ-TgAQqNGCQWlUu?e=1wdWWE

:)

bob_bmp, Jan 30, 2021

2. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Hibernate mode

I have my laptop set to hibernate mode when I close the lid. It worked fine with Windows 8 but since the upgrade to Windows 10 the laptop has no power after closing the lid and opening it hours later. In settings, it does show that it is suppose to go
    into hibernate mode when lid is closed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mogulman1(2), Jan 30, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD after entering Hibernate mode - Similar Threads - BSOD entering Hibernate

2. Laptop enters hibernation mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop enters hibernation mode: My laptop enters hibernation mode after some time of sleep. I want to have hibernation mode available in shutdown option from Start menu, but I don't want to it enters hibernation mode after maybe 10 to 60 minutes after I close laptop. How could I prevent it from...
  3. Laptop enters hibernation mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop enters hibernation mode: My laptop enters hibernation mode after some time of sleep. I want to have hibernation mode available in shutdown option from Start menu, but I don't want to it enters hibernation mode after maybe 10 to 60 minutes after I close laptop. How could I prevent it from...
  4. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.: Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even...
  5. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.: Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even...
  6. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. BSOD after woke up from Hibernate mode.

BSOD after woke up from Hibernate mode.: Starting a few months ago, after I woke my computer from hibernate mode, it would "randomly" enter a BSOD mode and say "REGISTRY_ERROR". From then on, I had tried the methods that the community staff provided to fix REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD such as checkDISK, DISM, and SFC scan,...
  8. BSOD triggered by entering hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD triggered by entering hibernation: Windows 10 Home Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.1052) Hi all, I'd really appreciate some help from the collective expertise on the forum. I have recently cloned my HDD using Macrium Reflect on to a Samsung 870 EVO SSD (1TB) and have removed the HDD to leave just the SSD present....
  9. BSOD After Putting PC in Hibernation Mode

BSOD After Putting PC in Hibernation Mode: I've recently faced a BSOD mentioning the following “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” after shutting the machine in hibernation mode and IDK whether this is normal if I left so many apps not closed or this is might indicate a driver malfunction or error. ,Unfortunately I...
  10. BSOD After Puttng PC in Hibernation Mode

BSOD After Puttng PC in Hibernation Mode: I've recently faced a BSOD mentioning the following “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” after shutting the machine in hibernation mode and IDK whether this is normal if I left so many apps not closed or this is might indicate a driver malfunction or error. ,Unfortunately I...