Windows 10: BSOD after exiting a game

Discus and support BSOD after exiting a game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I keep getting BSOD after exiting games. I ran a memtest and no error came out. BSOD as per below. I have updated my drivers to the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VinodRaju, Oct 5, 2022.

1. VinodRaju Win User

BSOD after exiting a game

Hi everyone,I keep getting BSOD after exiting games. I ran a memtest and no error came out. BSOD as per below. I have updated my drivers to the latest but I'm not sure why they keep appearing.Here's the link to my minidump folder.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiNw1b4HnMZO8WlG6UMNV-Udjakb?e=lhG45AThank you for your help and support!

:)

VinodRaju, Oct 5, 2022
  2. kipsta77 Win User

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys) Bsod ONLY when exiting game.

Hi, I've never had any issues like this with my PC, but whenever I play this particular game 'Life is Strange', upon clicking 'exit game' this BSOD appears, and only then. Other games run fine, and this game itself runs fine, it only happens upon exiting.

The error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

My system:
    i7 3770k
    GTX 980 Ti
    16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Windows 10 Pro (CLEAN install, not an upgrade)
    Asus Rampage V Maximus

NONE of my components are overclocked, and are all running very cool.

Things I've tried:
    - Clean install of nvidia graphics drivers.
    - Unplugging all devices beside mouse and keyboard.

I've memtest and had no errors with my memory. Again, these BSOD's ARE NOT random, they happen ONLY upon exit of this particular game, and I can't figure out why.

Any suggestions are much appreciated, thank you.

kipsta77, Oct 5, 2022
  3. Louie Del Win User
    white screen after exiting game

Hi Alex,

Let us isolate your concern to help us determine what's causing the white screen after you exit the game. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any recent changes or updates made on your laptop?
    • Did you run the World of Tanks game on the same laptop where you encountered the white screen after exiting the World of Warships?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from restarting the laptop?

We'll wait for your response.

Louie Del, Oct 5, 2022
  4. BSOD after exiting a game

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

BSOD after exiting a game

1. BSOD after exiting a game - Similar Threads - BSOD exiting game

2. I experienced a BSOD after exiting a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I experienced a BSOD after exiting a game.: I experienced a BSOD after exiting a game, specifically the game Valorant. This was the first time I encountered this issue, but I had a similar problem when launching the game after a system boot. It seemed to have resolved itself. Recently, I received an update for the .NET...
  3. I experienced a BSOD after exiting a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I experienced a BSOD after exiting a game.: I experienced a BSOD after exiting a game, specifically the game Valorant. This was the first time I encountered this issue, but I had a similar problem when launching the game after a system boot. It seemed to have resolved itself. Recently, I received an update for the .NET...
  4. Computer freezes after exiting games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes after exiting games: Hi! Starting from about a month ago, my newish 3 month old PC starts freezing after I close a game. I've also made it happen by running a 3DMark benchmark, but that app cycles through multiple benchmarks, so it could be the same effect.The freeze happens a few seconds 1-30s...
  5. BSOD after exiting a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after exiting a game: Hi everyone,I keep getting BSOD after exiting games. I ran a memtest and no error came out. BSOD as per below. I have updated my drivers to the latest but I'm not sure why they keep appearing.Here's the link to my minidump...
  6. BSOD after exiting a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after exiting a game: Hi everyone,I keep getting BSOD after exiting games. I ran a memtest and no error came out. BSOD as per below. I have updated my drivers to the latest but I'm not sure why they keep appearing.Here's the link to my minidump...
  7. PC freezing after exiting games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing after exiting games: Hello, I recently have been having issues with my PC freezing when exiting games. It doesnt feeeze everytime i exit a game but it freezes about once or twice a day depending on how much time i have to play. At the suggestion of windows support i've already run system file...
  8. BSOD after exit game.

BSOD after exit game.: Hi, Recently I have BSOD (Critical Process Die) very often after exit/quit games and these only occurs with Rainbow Six, Escape From Tarkov and Black Desert Online. Please help me. Thank you very much Winver 1903 Here is my link to my log file :...
  9. BSOD after exiting games

BSOD after exiting games: This very same BSOD is back again :/ Last time, it used to freeze everything and then crash. Now, after exiting a game, the screen turns black and flickers from being turned on to off. Then it greets me with a very nice BSOD, with either VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE or...
  10. Black screen after exiting games

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after exiting games: Hi all, Ever since I installed the Windows 10 Anniversary edition update a few weeks ago, I've been having a weird display issue. Every time I finishing playing a game, upon exiting back to Windows my desktop is completely black. After some trial and error I've found...