Windows 10: BSOD After extended period of gaming LA Noire

Discus and support BSOD After extended period of gaming LA Noire in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently completed a new build which has been working flawlessly for the last 3 months, I stress tested it after building with no errors.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by silverserver, Jun 11, 2019.

1. BSOD After extended period of gaming LA Noire

Hi all,

I recently completed a new build which has been working flawlessly for the last 3 months, I stress tested it after building with no errors. Then this weekend it was left idling LA Noire (admittedly not the best practice but this was far from the first time it had been left like this) when it crashes, made the audio in game go nuts, and then finally BSOD. Assuming it was just an LA Noire freak out I dismissed it and rebooted only to be met with another BSOD almost immediately (I believe MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or KMODE_). Naturally at this point I'm worried so take off the case and find that the tubing on the the NZXT m22 AIO cooler is hot to touch close to the CPU. It's as though the pump is no longer working?

I left it for the night at that point and in the morning attempted to diagnose. I restarted into safe mode and attempted to run SFC /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth both of which didn't seem to complete successfully. SFC dropped out half way through and DISM completed much quicker than I was expecting.

After doing this however I was able to return to desktop without immediate BSOD - I deemed the problem fixed and left for work. When returning for further testing I found that chrome repeatedly crashed (after a few tabs) however, I was able to download UserBenchmark to stress the machine at which point it BSOD at some point after/during the gpu tests (as I distinctly remember seeing the reflection test that UB does).

Today I ran Memtest and was met immediately with errors. 100000s of them before I shut the machine down again. Now I assume this means its a RAM error however I am concerned as the "Chipset" status on memtest read as "Unknown". Does this mean the RAM is totally fried? In which case what caused it? Or is it indicative of something more serious like the MOBO is shot?

I'm looking for what to do next.

MB: Aorus B450 Pro
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHz (2x8GB)
    SDD: Corsair MP500
    GPU: AMD Vega 56
    CPU Cooler: NZXT m22

Let me know if theres any more information I can provide.

:)

silverserver, Jun 11, 2019

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 games minimizes periodically

Hello,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the issue particular to a game or all games?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Which build is installed in your computer?
    • Is the issue occurring with Windows Store games?

I suggest you to update the Graphic card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Feathers Win User

BSOD After extended period of gaming LA Noire

Change log off period

Hi all, I've tried to look through the list of all the tutorials and I've used Google too, to find out how to extend the inactivity period before I get logged out. But all the suggestions talk about screen icons that I don't seem to have.
    My computer is six weeks old and I'm using Windows 10. Can someone please advise? Thank You.

Feathers, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

BSOD After extended period of gaming LA Noire

1. BSOD After extended period of gaming LA Noire - Similar Threads - BSOD extended period

2. Can the Windows 10 support period be extended for a longer period, please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the Windows 10 support period be extended for a longer period, please?: Hello, I still use Windows 10 to this day because it makes me feel nostalgic, and 75% of my countrymen use it because it is the best these are their words, not mine. So i'll be very happy to accept my suggestion :...
  3. Can the Windows 10 support period be extended for a longer period, please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can the Windows 10 support period be extended for a longer period, please?: Hello, I still use Windows 10 to this day because it makes me feel nostalgic, and 75% of my countrymen use it because it is the best these are their words, not mine. So i'll be very happy to accept my suggestion :...
  4. Can the Windows 10 support period be extended for a longer period, please?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD periodically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD periodically: So in the past 2 months there has been an increased number of BSOD on my machine and i can't quite point out the reason. I would love some help in the matter to finally fix this since it's infuriating to bsod in the middle of an important call, or almost every day. As for the...
  6. BSOD periodically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD periodically: So in the past 2 months there has been an increased number of BSOD on my machine and i can't quite point out the reason. I would love some help in the matter to finally fix this since it's infuriating to bsod in the middle of an important call, or almost every day. As for the...
  7. BSOD periodically

8. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a Certain Period of Time: Hi,I have a Dell Latitude e7470 with Windows 10 Pro. It has 4GB RAM & 250GB M2 SSD. Since few weeks, I am having BSOD error mostly when I play any video on Google Chrome. It usually occurs repeatedly after every 2-4 days. Sometimes I use it for 6-8 hours non stop and it...
  9. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

BSOD after a Certain Period of Time: Hi,I have a Dell Latitude e7470 with Windows 10 Pro. It has 4GB RAM & 250GB M2 SSD. Since few weeks, I am having BSOD error mostly when I play any video on Google Chrome. It usually occurs repeatedly after every 2-4 days. Sometimes I use it for 6-8 hours non stop and it...
  10. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging