Windows 10: BSoD after Failing to Install "Windows Feature Updates"

Discus and support BSoD after Failing to Install "Windows Feature Updates" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been getting the following BSoD message Stop code: system thread exception What Failed: AppleUSBVhci.sys My computer had been failing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by travellinguist, Jun 15, 2019.

1. BSoD after Failing to Install "Windows Feature Updates"

I've been getting the following BSoD message

Stop code: system thread exception

What Failed: AppleUSBVhci.sys

My computer had been failing to install the latest Windows "Features Update" for two weeks now, always getting nearly 80% before failing.

Finally, yesterday, it showed a long list of Updates, started installing them and then when it rebooted I got the above message, and I've not been able to reboot my computer (except Repair Mode) ever since.

When I attempt the StartUp Repair, it fails. I attempted a System Reset and that, too, failed.

I have NO Apple devices hooked up to my computer.

It's a LENOVO Ideapad 330 with an Intel Core i5, 16 gigs ram, and Terabyte HD

:)

travellinguist, Jun 15, 2019
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jun 15, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

BSoD after Failing to Install "Windows Feature Updates"

Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

BSoD after Failing to Install "Windows Feature Updates"

1. BSoD after Failing to Install "Windows Feature Updates" - Similar Threads - BSoD Failing Install

2. windows feature installation failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows feature installation failed: dear alli have issue related xps file view i have a filed which is saved as xps file in windows 7 now i have changed my windows to windows 10 but the file is not opening but when i installed xps feature view in windows 10 it gives an error, if any one know about this how open...
  3. windows feature installation failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows feature installation failed: dear alli have issue related xps file view i have a filed which is saved as xps file in windows 7 now i have changed my windows to windows 10 but the file is not opening but when i installed xps feature view in windows 10 it gives an error, if any one know about this how open...
  4. windows feature installation failed

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Update fails to install Feature update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update fails to install Feature update: Split from this thread.I have being trying to update from 1803 for 2.5 years. At first with automatic updated that always failed. After a while I tried all of the online suggestions. Everything short of a new reinstall was tried. I tried install from ISO, wiping all of the...
  6. Feature Update 2004 failing to install

Feature Update 2004 failing to install: I have a PC running win 10 home ver 1903 installed on 18th Oct 2019 64 bit. As this update is so large I think this is why it is failing can I download it as a file and then install it, if so can you send the link please. All other updates have installed except for one...
  7. Windows 10 Backup fails after installing Feature Update 2004

Windows 10 Backup fails after installing Feature Update 2004: Windows 10 Backup Windows 7 style fails after Feature Update 2004 was installed. I had not run any successful backups since just before installing Feature Update 2004. This week I cleared my backup hard drive of old versions, but now it fails after a minute or two of run...
  8. windows failed to install feature update 2004

windows failed to install feature update 2004: install fails at 70% and rollbacks. Windows Update tells me the update fails: Last failed install attempt on ‎15-‎8-‎2020 - 0x800707e7 what do I have to do to solve this issue? logfile C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Rollback\setupact.log: 2020-08-15 20:52:20, Info...
  9. Windows 10 Feature Update Fails To Install

Windows 10 Feature Update Fails To Install: Is there a way to stop MS from automatically downloading an update ? Several times MS had downloaded "Feature Update Version 1809" then failed during the install. The last time it failed to install with error 0x800700057. It has also failed with error 0x80070002....
  10. Feature update failed to install

Feature update failed to install: Hi, I have a preveious Feature update that failed to download. My OS is Win 10, Ver 1803. This was way back on the 10-08-2018 when It attempted to download and is still there being displayed. I have taken a screen copy if you want to see the details? The word error is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. appleusbvhci.sys blue screen

2. AppleUSBVHCI.sys

3. appleusbvhci blue screen

4. apple usb vhci sys solve,
  5. appleusbvhci.sys bluescreen fixed,
  6. how to repair appleUSBVHCI.sys,
  7. how to install AppleUSBVHCI,
  8. features update keeps failing after installation but other updates install ok