Windows 10: BSOD after green tests and System Restore

Discus and support BSOD after green tests and System Restore in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have begun experiencing some BSOD & Black screen restarts starting about 2 weeks ago. After doing some research I have ran tests such as CHKDSK,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brian Craycraft, Dec 3, 2023.

1. BSOD after green tests and System Restore

Hi,I have begun experiencing some BSOD & Black screen restarts starting about 2 weeks ago. After doing some research I have ran tests such as CHKDSK, sfc /scannow and Windows Memory Diagnostics, I also ran DISM and to no avail. I would have tried memtest but I do not have a flashdrive to do so. All tests showed no issues and I even completely restored the PC to default not restoring to a restore point just completely resetting the PC and removed data from all drives. The last step I was planning to take was to run Driver Verifier however I read that this can adversely affect the PC and i

:)

Brian Craycraft, Dec 3, 2023

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Sasqui Win User

BSOD after green tests and System Restore

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

BSOD after green tests and System Restore

1. BSOD after green tests and System Restore - Similar Threads - BSOD green tests

2. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore: When I was last updating my drivers. More specifically I updated my audio driver and my USB driver. Before downloading, i created an restore point to that moment. After that I downloaded these drivers.After a day, I noticed that, after these drivers installations, my PC...
  3. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore: When I was last updating my drivers. More specifically I updated my audio driver and my USB driver. Before downloading, i created an restore point to that moment. After that I downloaded these drivers.After a day, I noticed that, after these drivers installations, my PC...
  4. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD after system restore and files deleted from windows.old

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after system restore and files deleted from windows.old: After trying to resolve a fairly minor issue in a otherwise healthy W11 I decided to use System Restore to a recent restore point. After the restore finished Windows was running but showed some issues opening some apps etc - but after the next restart it stopped on a Critical...
  6. BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore.: Hello!This started happening recently where my PC would seemingly randomly BSOD https://i.gyazo.com/ae293392fc770b1b9d8f162e5ce1131f.jpg image of it. . It happens out of nowhere. Initially I thought it was due to a specific app/game I was using since the first 3-4 times it...
  7. BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore.

BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore.: Hello!This started happening recently where my PC would seemingly randomly BSOD https://i.gyazo.com/ae293392fc770b1b9d8f162e5ce1131f.jpg image of it. . It happens out of nowhere. Initially I thought it was due to a specific app/game I was using since the first 3-4 times it...
  8. BSOD after green tests and System Restore

BSOD after green tests and System Restore: Hi,I have begun experiencing some BSOD & Black screen restarts starting about 2 weeks ago. After doing some research I have ran tests such as CHKDSK, sfc /scannow and Windows Memory Diagnostics, I also ran DISM and to no avail. I would have tried memtest but I do not have a...
  9. Windows 10 BSOD after system restore

Windows 10 BSOD after system restore: Yesterday I did a system restore to try and get back a lost file. After the system restore i was on the login screen and entered my computers pin. It started loading into windows but it was stuck on the buffer screen where it says your username for a long time so i restarted...
  10. Random BSOD when testing verification system.

Random BSOD when testing verification system.: Greetings Citizens of the Ten Forums! I come to you with a BSOD issue i'd like to figure out. I have left an attachment with the Blue screen file/log as requested in the forum rules. If any further information is asked in regards to the post I will answer them as soon as i...