Windows 10: BSOD after Hardware Swap

Discus and support BSOD after Hardware Swap in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, yesterday i swapped out my Intel I7 6700K and my Asus Hero VIII for an x570 Aorus Elite with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X. After swapping Out the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Exently, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Exently Win User

BSOD after Hardware Swap

Hey,

yesterday i swapped out my Intel I7 6700K and my Asus Hero VIII for an x570 Aorus Elite with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X.
    After swapping Out the Hardware i got alot of Windows Crashes during boot or while doing something. But a few times i could use everything normally.

I also installed some drivers from Gigabyte but that didnt Help. Thinking that the Swap from Intel to AMD messed something Up i decided to fresh Install Windows.

So I wiped my Nvme Samsung 970 Pro SSD and tried installing Windows from an usb Stick.

Since then everything was worse i couldnt do the Windows Setup because it always crashed with some of the following BSOD:

Page fault Error in nonpaged area
    Kmode exception Not handled(wpp?? & Netio.sys & usbxhci)
    Driver IRQL Not less or equal(wdt01000.sys)
    Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap
    Interrupt exception Not handled
    And something with storport.sys and memory Management

So I also tried going from Quad Channel so dual Channel, tried installing Ubuntu also failed, did a memtest and swapped the Nvme for a SATA SSD.

I cannot get the logs because I cannot get into Windows.

Would be Happy about any Help.

Lars

- - - Updated - - -

Should be noted that my old System did not crash ever.

:)

Exently, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Msap14 Win User

BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Oct 26, 2019
  3. BSOD Help!

Disable hardware accel in your browsers. Also aumha.org for bsods listing. Turn on power saving for your gcs(set to oc in games but not webbrowsing)

eidairaman1, Oct 26, 2019
  4. hoax32 Win User

BSOD after Hardware Swap

BSOD Hardware Caused???

It is not overheating - CPU runs 60*C in games.
    Short Circuit - EXTREAMLY UNLIKELY

hoax32, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

BSOD after Hardware Swap

1. BSOD after Hardware Swap - Similar Threads - BSOD Hardware Swap

2. Computer Still BSOD's after Multiple Hardware Swaps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Still BSOD's after Multiple Hardware Swaps?: Minidumps here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cb31wze8wqqh5/dumpyHey guys, I've been dealing with my computer blue screen for months now. At first I thought it was my RAM, so I replaced it, nothing. Next I thought it was SSD, so I replaced it, and again I'm getting these...
  3. Computer Still BSOD's after Multiple Hardware Swaps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Still BSOD's after Multiple Hardware Swaps?: Minidumps here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cb31wze8wqqh5/dumpyHey guys, I've been dealing with my computer blue screen for months now. At first I thought it was my RAM, so I replaced it, nothing. Next I thought it was SSD, so I replaced it, and again I'm getting these...
  4. Computer Still BSOD's after Multiple Hardware Swaps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows activation after hardware swap

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation after hardware swap: Switched out my motherboard. Windows claims that it isn't activated anymore. My windows key is tied to my account, which happens to be the only account on the system. Troubleshoot activation says I'm not connected to the internet. Turned off firewall to no success, then...
  6. Windows 10 activation after hardware swap

Windows 10 activation after hardware swap: Hello, I have recently swapped out most of my pc hardware and can no longer use my activation code and I have checked on the help pages and haven't found anything that has helped. Any suggestions?...
  7. Drive corruption after swapping hardware - how did it happen?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive corruption after swapping hardware - how did it happen?: My goose is already pretty much cooked through and through with this so I'm beyond the support stage. All the data was corrupted in this process and recovery software isn't helping, I'm just wondering what went so wrong. Earlier this month I decided to make the jump from...
  8. WIndows Activation after Hardware Swap Fiasco

WIndows Activation after Hardware Swap Fiasco: Changed motherboards on computer using windows 10 pro Windows version was previously a windows 7 forced upgrade to windows 10. Swapped motherboard and followed activation instructions via virtual assistant and called support as prompted by virtual assistant. I've...
  9. Windows 10 activation after swapping hardware

Windows 10 activation after swapping hardware: Hi everyone, I just upgraded my PC. New MB, CPU, HD etc. I had an activated copy Windows 10 Pro installed on my old mechanical drive. The new copy of Windows 10 Pro has the same license key, but I can't seem to activate it. When you troubleshoot and click "I've swapped...
  10. shady hardware swap

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shady hardware swap: I recently bought a Lenovo idea pad laptop. immediately after I lost the charging cord. I took laptop to a small tech shop to get a cord. the guy plugged in 3 or 4 cords announced that my chaging port was bad and tht he would change it no charge.30 minute later he was still...