Windows 10: BSOD after hardware upgrade.

Discus and support BSOD after hardware upgrade. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In order of events: - Upgraded i5-6600k + msi z170a board to ryzen 3700x + asrock x570 phantom gaming 4 - Installed all drivers from new motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mk5, Sep 8, 2019.

1. MK5
    mk5 Win User

BSOD after hardware upgrade.

In order of events:
    - Upgraded i5-6600k + msi z170a board to ryzen 3700x + asrock x570 phantom gaming 4
    - Installed all drivers from new motherboard website
    - Started getting frequent bsod, at first "memory management" then other error codes
    - Ran windows memory diagnostic tool and memtest86, both found no errors in my memory.
    - Reinstalled windows with "keep files" option, did not fix
    - Decided the motherboard might be faulty, returned it and got a gigabyte x570 aorus elite
    - At first I thought it was fixed, but bsod continued just less frequently
    - tried formatting ssd and doing complete clean reinstall of windows, did not fix
    - did clean reinstall of nvidia drivers in safe mode after looking at bsod dump file, did not fix

Any help will be appreciated

:)

2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD after hardware upgrade. [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Sep 8, 2019
  3. BSOD Help!

Disable hardware accel in your browsers. Also aumha.org for bsods listing. Turn on power saving for your gcs(set to oc in games but not webbrowsing)

eidairaman1, Sep 8, 2019
  4. hoax32 Win User

BSOD Hardware Caused???

Thanks for all the replys and support!!! *Toast :toast:
    OK I put in a different battery pack....hope it doesnt BSOD on me again...
    I checked all the things listed above and none was the case

hoax32, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD after hardware upgrade. - Similar Threads - BSOD hardware upgrade

2. BSOD after Hardware Swap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Hardware Swap: Hey, yesterday i swapped out my Intel I7 6700K and my Asus Hero VIII for an x570 Aorus Elite with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X. After swapping Out the Hardware i got alot of Windows Crashes during boot or while doing something. But a few times i could use everything normally. I...
  3. Activation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after hardware upgrade: I upgraded my MB, cpu and ram and am unable to activate windows 10. I linked my windows licence to my Microsoft account before my upgrade but it will not let me activate. I've tried trouble shooting activation (clicking on changed hardware) and customer support, but they...
  4. BSOD ntoskrnl.exe after upgrading hardware

BSOD ntoskrnl.exe after upgrading hardware: Hey Ten Forums I Recently upgraded to Zen 2, my setup looks like this R7 3700x (Not overclocked) ROG-Strix-X570-F-Gaming (Not the latest version. I got 0407, which is pretty old, but never attempted a bios upgrade, so wanted input on it) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz 16gb,...
  5. problems after a hardware upgrade

problems after a hardware upgrade: so, I had just updated some hardware, and now, my windows is no longer active, i tried to activate it, and it wont let me connect to the device that the old activation key was affiliated with. to make it worse, when trying to get into my account to change info, it locked me...
  6. Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade

Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade: I bought Windows 8 in 2013 and did the free Windows 10 upgrade. I no longer have access to my original Windows 8 product key. I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. when I tried to activate windows 10 it gives me an error code: 0x803F7001. My Windows 10 was linked...
  7. BSOD after hardware change

BSOD after hardware change: Recently I installed a new GPU in my PC. After installing the Nvidia drivers I started to receive bsod stop errors. I removed to new card and drivers and installed the original GPU/drivers but im still geting bsod errors. I tried reinstalling windows 10 on the ssd but that...
  8. Windows Activation after hardware upgrade

Windows Activation after hardware upgrade: We have a laptop Manufacturer: LENOVO Model: 20C600HHZA Serial Number: PF040HX3 that currently running Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10586 that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. We need to replace the harddrive, is it possible to activate it again on...
  9. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: Just a quick question please, is there any way of reactivating a digital entitlement license obtained by upgrading from Win7 for free, on upgraded hardware, without having to link a MS account? Privacy issues and all that...I know phone activation worked for me with Win7 once...
  10. Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install

Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install: Hey all, First post here. Apologies if I mess something up. *Redface Going to include all of the information I can at the top and work from there. Current build: Intel Core i7-5820K, EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) - DT - 's Saved Part List...