Windows 10: BSOD after hardware upgrade

Discus and support BSOD after hardware upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello!I keep getting a BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR everytime I play a certain game half life alyx, and sometimes new world or run the OCCT power test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dipl.Ing.StefanRiegler, Nov 24, 2021.

1. BSOD after hardware upgrade

Hello!I keep getting a BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR everytime I play a certain game half life alyx, and sometimes new world or run the OCCT power test for about 10-20min. I suspected the new graphics card RTX 3080, because the error disappeared when I put in my old graphics card. Sent it in, came back with the note "hardware is ok, no test revealed any faulty hardware, not even the test you provided". They assured me, the graphics card is fine. I tried to configure the creation of a minidump file on crash, but that always fails. Did a RAM test with memtest overnight - no errors.Did an m

:)

Dipl.Ing.StefanRiegler, Nov 24, 2021
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD after hardware upgrade [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Nov 24, 2021
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Nov 24, 2021
  4. BSOD after hardware upgrade

BSOD Help!

Disable hardware accel in your browsers. Also aumha.org for bsods listing. Turn on power saving for your gcs(set to oc in games but not webbrowsing)

eidairaman1, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

BSOD after hardware upgrade

1. BSOD after hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - BSOD hardware upgrade

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1e random BSODs after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1e random BSODs after hardware upgrade: I have been receiving random BSODs ever since changing my motherboard and CPU. I updated all drivers, tested memory, ran a system repair and no fixes. I reinstalled windows with a in place upgrade removing all third party programs and still getting BSODs. Any other...
  3. BSOD after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after hardware upgrade: Hello!I keep getting a BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR everytime I play a certain game half life alyx, and sometimes new world or run the OCCT power test for about 10-20min. I suspected the new graphics card RTX 3080, because the error disappeared when I put in my old graphics...
  4. BSOD after hardware upgrade

BSOD after hardware upgrade: Hello!I keep getting a BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR everytime I play a certain game half life alyx, and sometimes new world or run the OCCT power test for about 10-20min. I suspected the new graphics card RTX 3080, because the error disappeared when I put in my old graphics...
  5. BSODs after hardware upgrades

BSODs after hardware upgrades: HI all, I've posted on here a couple times already and have followed the advice so far. I have upgraded my PC, mobob550 steel legend cpuryzen 5 3600 case. and added a new SSD. I went from intel to amd. I have only just recently done a full wipe and reinstall of windows,...
  6. BSOD after hardware upgrades

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after hardware upgrades: Hi all, I had installed new parts into my PC and ever since I've had frequent BSODs. I installed a new motherboard, CPU, PC case, new SSD and powersupply.Motherboard is a B550 Steel Legend, CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 3600I had upgraded from a Core i5 6400. I have note done a clean...
  7. BSOD after hardware upgrades

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after hardware upgrades: Hi all, I had installed new parts into my PC and ever since I've had frequent BSODs. I installed a new motherboard, CPU, PC case, new SSD and powersupply.Motherboard is a B550 Steel Legend, CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 3600I had upgraded from a Core i5 6400. I have note done a clean...
  8. BSOD after hardware upgrades

9. BSOD after hardware upgrade.

BSOD after hardware upgrade.: In order of events: - Upgraded i5-6600k + msi z170a board to ryzen 3700x + asrock x570 phantom gaming 4 - Installed all drivers from new motherboard website - Started getting frequent bsod, at first "memory management" then other error codes - Ran windows memory diagnostic...
  10. BSOD ntoskrnl.exe after upgrading hardware

BSOD ntoskrnl.exe after upgrading hardware: Hey Ten Forums I Recently upgraded to Zen 2, my setup looks like this R7 3700x (Not overclocked) ROG-Strix-X570-F-Gaming (Not the latest version. I got 0407, which is pretty old, but never attempted a bios upgrade, so wanted input on it) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz 16gb,...