Windows 10: BSOD after heavy CPU usage on a gaming laptop Video_Memory_Management_internal

Discus and support BSOD after heavy CPU usage on a gaming laptop Video_Memory_Management_internal in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having this issue for about a month and I cannot fix this issue, no matter how much I try Every time I even launch Minecraft and go in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tanner Gremmert, Dec 14, 2020.

1. BSOD after heavy CPU usage on a gaming laptop Video_Memory_Management_internal

I have been having this issue for about a month and I cannot fix this issue, no matter how much I try

Every time I even launch Minecraft and go in a server, it seems to slow down after a minute, not to mention I can't even play heavy games, or open heavy software anymore without a BSOD happening

I also get random hitches for about a second at a time, every minute or so... It's almost like having background processes running and very few windows open is too much for it to handle.

I even sent it in to Geek Squad and they couldn't find any hardware problems

I have no minidump, because the folder is empty for some reason

My laptop specs are:

8 GB RAM

Intel I7 7700 HQ at 2.80 Ghz

GTX 1050 ti

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Please help me fix this issue, I'm extremely mad at this issue

Edit: I forgot to mention this first, but all my drivers and software is fully up to date

:)

Tanner Gremmert, Dec 14, 2020

2. Heavy CPU for Windows 10 Solitaire Collection Klondike game

When playing the Klondike game on win 10, I experience CPU usage between 28 and 45% according to Task Manager, plus overall CPU usage between 70 and 88%. Responses to my mouse clicks and movements can take from 5 to 20 seconds. When I minimize the game, the game cpu usage goes to 0 and the overall usage goes to 1% indicating that the game is responsible for most of the overall cpu usage. I have updated my Intel HD 4000 driver (it needed an upgrade), and several other suggested fixes without result.

I have occasionally had the same problem with another windows store game named Hearts Deluxe--however it only goes into heavy cpu mode about 10% of the time--while Klondike seems to do it consistently. I also have occasionally had the problem from time to time on other Solitaire Collection Games such as Pyramid.

I find the only way to work the game is to minimize the game, let its cpu go to 0, and then when I maximize it again, I have a couple of turns before it goes cpu crazy again.

None of this happened prior to the major update to win 10. I seemed to run fine on the original win 10 for a few months prior to this.

wonderclover48, Dec 14, 2020
  3. BSOD with error code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with your PC as you receive BSOD with the error code VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL. I certainly appreciate your efforts in sharing the necessary details to analyze the issue.

The VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL bug check has a value of 0x0000010E. This indicates that the video memory manager has encountered a condition that it is unable to recover from.

Upon checking the dump files, I found that the file dxgmms2.sys is causing the BSOD on the system.

I would suggest you to uninstall the graphics drivers and then re-install them from the

manufacturer website
    to see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit enter.
    3. Expand Display Adapters.
    4. Right click on the Display drivers and click on
      Uninstall.
    5. Check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    6. Click on OK.
    7. Do not restart the PC.

In addition, I see that there is a BIOS update available for the PC. You can also try updating the BIOS and see if that helps. The BIOS update can be downloaded from the

manufacturer website

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from
    the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk

If the issue persist, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 14, 2020
  4. RAJU.MSC Win User

BSOD after heavy CPU usage on a gaming laptop Video_Memory_Management_internal

I WANT TO MODIFY CPU USAGE MINIMUM BELOW 10% AND MAXIMUM UPTO 30% ON WINDOWS 10

I want to modify the windows 10 os in such a way that , cpu usage should not be use more than 30in normal functions , but when playing heavy 3D graphics game, if needed cpu usage can upto 90% .

give me some suggestions to achieve above project.

But don't give me any advice like to reset , to Refresh , to system restore like that .

MY laptop configurations

intel i5 7200u

samsung ssd 250GB (windows 10 v1803 64bit enterprise )

8GB ram

Thanking you

RAJU.MSC, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

BSOD after heavy CPU usage on a gaming laptop Video_Memory_Management_internal

1. BSOD after heavy CPU usage on a gaming laptop Video_Memory_Management_internal - Similar Threads - BSOD heavy CPU

2. How to diagnose heavy CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to diagnose heavy CPU usage: Windows Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2728 Surface Pro i7 Fresh boot - CPU usage at 100% see image How do I troubleshoot this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-diagnose-heavy-cpu-usage/62af061f-288d-42d5-8be8-b49cc523a8a2
  3. How to diagnose heavy CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to diagnose heavy CPU usage: Windows Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2728 Surface Pro i7 Fresh boot - CPU usage at 100% see image How do I troubleshoot this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-diagnose-heavy-cpu-usage/62af061f-288d-42d5-8be8-b49cc523a8a2
  4. How to diagnose heavy CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL: Hi,Over the past few months I've been experiencing roughly 1-2 Blue Screens of Death per week, specifically and usually when I'm using Photoshop or After Effects, rarely when I'm not. Usually, I'm a stickler for making sure my software is up to date as well as all of my...
  6. [BSOD] VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BSOD] VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL: If anyone here can read this dump file about the error and see what exactly is causing the issue?https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj1fzZ4aRnc8mlutPm9PlFtCrqdA?e=2zJ87aThanks!...
  7. [BSOD] VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

[BSOD] VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL: If anyone here can read this dump file about the error and see what exactly is causing the issue?https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj1fzZ4aRnc8mlutPm9PlFtCrqdA?e=2zJ87aThanks!...
  8. BSODs: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL: Problema BSODs: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL sucede cuando utilizo los productos de adobe mas específicamente: lightroom adobe premiere pro, quisiera saber si me pueden dar alguna información sobre este error en windows 10. Aplicaciones Utilizadas lightroom adobe premiere...
  9. BSOD VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL: I am currently getting bluescreens everytime I am streaming on streamlabs obs and was on windows 10 & 11initially and ran sfc, updated video drivers, ocf stress testing, cpu gpu and memory, error happens randomly and the error code VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL occurs. I...
  10. VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL BSOD

VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL BSOD: Hi, I've been getting the VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL BSOD every once in a while once a day sometimes, I also experienced the page fault in nonpaged area pointing to nvlddmkm.sys which is related to my graphics card driver, I have a RTX 3060 laptop a few times. These...