Windows 10: BSOD after I leave computer on for a while

Discus and support BSOD after I leave computer on for a while in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there I have uploaded the specs on the systeminfo (should be in my profile). Windows version: 18363.1379 I am running into an issue, whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aymanibousi, Feb 19, 2021.

1. BSOD after I leave computer on for a while

Hello there
    I have uploaded the specs on the systeminfo (should be in my profile).
    Windows version: 18363.1379
    I am running into an issue, whenever I leave the computer on for a while or sometimes at random intervals when I turn on the screen, it shows a black screen, then it loses HDMI signal, the thing is, The computer is on, but not responding as I can't log on to my Plex or Teamviewer. If I use the normal HDMI (not my rx580) it still shows no signal. (I think the PC stops responding). I restart a few times, still no signal. I have to power off PC, plug in both HDMI ports (Motherboard and Rx580), then select the Motherboard one and then windows start, then i remove the motherboard one and the RX580 keeps working (till it freezes at random intervals).

Here is what I tried:
    - Updating AMD drivers
    - Clean uninstall via safemode and removal of AMD driver including chipset and reinstallation
    - Clean installation of windows and installing everything from scratch.
    - Bios fully upgraded
    -Temps are all under 41 degrees Celcius

I see alot of errors in event viewer, if someone could please help me in determining what is happening, greatly appreciate it.

Log collector: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
    Tune up bat : Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
    logs bats Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
    Pic of system performance and startup: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I hope i followed all the relevant instructions BSOD after I leave computer on for a while :)
    Many thanks in advance for all your help in advance.

:)

aymanibousi, Feb 19, 2021

2. BSOD on new computer while gaming

I just got a new computer about a month ago. Everything is new and I get BSOD (windows 10) while gaming mostly although it sometimes happens while I'm just using the computer. Sometimes the computer doesn't BSOD and just gives me a Access Violation Error. Not sure if related.

Here is the link to download output files from the V2 script.

Dropbox - windows crash - Simplify your life

Any help is appreciated

Steps I have taken:
    • Updated all drivers and bios to latest versions
    • Checked ram with windows memory test to see if ram is faulty. (A stick was and it was removed waiting for replacement)
    • Clean Installed Windows after finding faulty ram
    • I had 2 x 2080Ti installed, I removed one, tested and then swapped cards; issue still exist

MarvIchiban, Feb 19, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD after I leave computer on for a while [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD after I leave computer on for a while

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

BSOD after I leave computer on for a while

1. BSOD after I leave computer on for a while - Similar Threads - BSOD leave computer

2. Why does my computer slow down after leaving it on for a while?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer slow down after leaving it on for a while?: I left my computer on for about 25-30 minutes and when I came back my Windows was running very slow, the cursor was moving normally but everything else behaving extremely slowly. When I would try to open a tab, it would open about 7 seconds after I clicked on it. Everything I...
  3. Why does my computer slow down after leaving it on for a while?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer slow down after leaving it on for a while?: I left my computer on for about 25-30 minutes and when I came back my Windows was running very slow, the cursor was moving normally but everything else behaving extremely slowly. When I would try to open a tab, it would open about 7 seconds after I clicked on it. Everything I...
  4. After leaving my computer on for a while, every single explorer window starts to show an...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After leaving my computer on for a while, every single explorer window starts to show an...: it used to happen after a couple days now it happens after only several hours, is there any way i could fix this? Google never returned anything. All of my parts as well as my Windows installation are less than a year old. Image:...
  5. All my audio devices get auto-muted after I leave my computer idle for a while

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my audio devices get auto-muted after I leave my computer idle for a while: 15 years of working with computers and I haven't seen this before. Any time I leave my computer inactive for a while (~30+ minutes), when I come back to it all of my audio devices have been muted. Going to the sound center, they don't even appear - only one (Realtek Digital...
  6. Weird dots appear on window and window previews after I leave it for a while

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird dots appear on window and window previews after I leave it for a while: This issue seem to occur a couple months after I reinstalled Windows which makes groups of dots appear on the Window preview when you hover over them. It doesn't bother my workflow or anything but it gives me the quirks and makes me cringe when I look at it. I couldn't find a...
  7. Weird dots appear on window and window previews after I leave it for a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird dots appear on window and window previews after I leave it for a while: This issue seem to occur a couple months after I reinstalled Windows which makes groups of dots appear on the Window preview when you hover over them. It doesn't bother my workflow or anything but it gives me the quirks and makes me cringe when I look at it. I couldn't find a...
  8. BSoD while using computer

BSoD while using computer: I encountered a BSoD while playing League. I was also in a voice call in Discord but never had issues like this before. Here are the dump files with msinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asd78M-c21qc71iQlA4VbNSa6ai-...
  9. BSOD whenever I leave my computer alone

BSOD whenever I leave my computer alone: Whenever I let my computer idle for more than 10 minutes I get a BSOD with either MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.Attachment 59563 37945
  10. BSOD Computer crashed while I was editing a project

BSOD Computer crashed while I was editing a project: Dear community, I was working on a long term project when my computer froze and I am left with a black screen that says "Preparing Automatic Repair" followed by a blue screen that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." Followed by...