Windows 10: BSOD after installation of new cpu

Discus and support BSOD after installation of new cpu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Ryzen 5 3600 to replace my Ryzen 3 1200 and I updated my BIOS to version F50a on my GA-X370 Gaming K5 motherboard but after I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KennethThomson2, Jul 3, 2020.

1. BSOD after installation of new cpu

I recently purchased a Ryzen 5 3600 to replace my Ryzen 3 1200 and I updated my BIOS to version F50a on my GA-X370 Gaming K5 motherboard but after I'd installed the new cpu my system went into a series of error messages*KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED*KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE*SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED*PHASED EXCEPTION. Everything worked fine with my Ryzen 3 1200, I ran memtest with no errors there's nothing wrong with my SSD or graphics card the BIOS was on the correct version so I reinstalled Windows 10 Home and tried again but the same messages popped up and *PREPARING AUTOMATIC REPAIR but it didn't repair anything after 5 hours. It wouldn't let me reinstall Windows but I could get into my BIOS and see the Ryzen 5 3600 was recognised. All the messages indicate a hardware failure so I've since returned the cpu as it was the only new part but I'm now reluctant to try a different Ryzen 5 3600 in my machine. Could it be the cpu was faulty? All my drivers were up to date and so was Windows.

:)

KennethThomson2, Jul 3, 2020

2. Multiple BSOD after installation of a new CPU

I after installing a replacement new CPU i keep getting multiple BSOD. I've tried just about everything to fix it. The kicker i never had this issue with my old CPU. Please help!

Here are my PC specs. i have an ASrock A75 Pro4+ MB.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Here are a few of my mini-dump files:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

JigglesREX, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Virus-j Win User
    After a new Cpu Either X4 or X6 ?

Hi all,

As the Title Suggests Im after a new Cpu. I was Looking to Start of With a X4 but i have seen the X6 1055T for around £135 But im not sure which Cpu to get Here is a list of the ones i can Afford. What one do you think would be Better as i dont Have a Clue ?

X4 - 955,965,970
    X6 - 1055T.

Thanks

Virus-j, Jul 3, 2020
  4. BSOD after installation of new cpu

Windows 10 BSOD after upgrading cpu

I hope you checked the compatibility list of supported processors from the motherboard maker.

Inaccessible boot device simply means the computer cannot find the necessary files after Boot. As you said you have a spare HDD, I would suggest to put in the new CPU and do a clean Install on it. If that works, then again you would have to do a clean install
    on the primary hdd.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

BSOD after installation of new cpu

1. BSOD after installation of new cpu - Similar Threads - BSOD installation cpu

2. BSOD after installing new cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing new cpu: So after instaling new cpu and m2 drive frequent BSOD startet appearing right after booting up the pc there were about 4 different ones most of the time it said MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS but also the others that i have saved are CLOCK WATCHDOG. TIMEOUT, KERNEL SECURITY CHECH...
  3. BSOD after installing new cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new cpu: So after instaling new cpu and m2 drive frequent BSOD startet appearing right after booting up the pc there were about 4 different ones most of the time it said MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS but also the others that i have saved are CLOCK WATCHDOG. TIMEOUT, KERNEL SECURITY CHECH...
  4. BSOD after installing new cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD after installing new CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new CPU: I've been getting a blue screen with service system exception periodically after installing a new CPU, any assistance with understanding the problem would be appreciated.I've updated my system BIOS and the chipset driver for my mobo, but it still randomly crashed after a...
  6. BSOD after installing new CPU

BSOD after installing new CPU: I've been getting a blue screen with service system exception periodically after installing a new CPU, any assistance with understanding the problem would be appreciated.I've updated my system BIOS and the chipset driver for my mobo, but it still randomly crashed after a...
  7. BSOD after installing new CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSOD Crashes after installing new CPU

BSOD Crashes after installing new CPU: Hello, I recently bought a new cpu a Ryzen 5 3600, but after installing it my pc started to blue screen with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. They are not consistent with the errors. I can go on playing games for a while but when I do something...
  9. BSOD after install of new CPU

BSOD after install of new CPU: Hello, I recently installed a new CPU, after doing so I was excited to play games with better performance.Before buying the CPU I made sure I checked that everything should be compatible and it was, I bought it as a prebuilt and went on the “Upgrade your PC and picked it from...
  10. BSOD after install of new CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after install of new CPU: Hello, I recently installed a new CPU, after doing so I was excited to play games with better performance.Before buying the CPU I made sure I checked that everything should be compatible and it was, I bought it as a prebuilt and went on the “Upgrade your PC and picked it from...