Windows 10: BSOD after installing 2004

Discus and support BSOD after installing 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I recently installed Windows 10 2004 using the Release Preview ring of the Insider program on my desktop PC. I am well aware of the risks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tamamtchi, Apr 28, 2020.

1. BSOD after installing 2004

Hi everyone,

I recently installed Windows 10 2004 using the Release Preview ring of the Insider program on my desktop PC. I am well aware of the risks and I am not complaining about that.

Recently my computer keeps having BSODs that show the error kmode exception not handled and refer to spaceport.sys.

It seems like it started after I installed 2004 although I feel it really started showing after I enabled WSL2 and converted my distro, but there is a high chance I could be wrong.

Here are my specs :

Intel Core i5-4690K, not overclocked

GTX 970

System is on a RAID0 SSD array of 2 256GB Samsung SSD

There are a lot of PCI cards for SATA and USB ports, because of the sheer number of HDD in the computer.

Do you guys have any idea on how I could solve this problem?

NB : the computer does boot up though the error shows up rapidly.

NB2 : 2004 runs like a charm on my Dell XPS 13 9300

submitted by /u/tamamtchi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tamamtchi, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Hyscore Win User
    Hyscore, Apr 28, 2020
  3. BillOR Win User
    BillOR, Apr 28, 2020
  4. alexsubri Win User

BSOD after installing 2004

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD after installing 2004 [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

BSOD after installing 2004

1. BSOD after installing 2004 - Similar Threads - BSOD installing 2004

2. BSOD when installing Windows update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD when installing Windows update 2004: Hello, I get BSOD when the system restart to be update to the win 2004 build. The stop-code is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Below is the system specs: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 System Model: HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc0xx System...
  3. BSOD after W10 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after W10 2004 update?: Hi, I recently downloaded the Windows 10 2004 feature update and ever since this when I have been playing a specific game, I will randomly get BSOD with the error code irql_not_less_or_equal. I have tested my ram, hardware is pretty new and this only started happening after...
  4. BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004: Hello, I have a Asus P5E3 Premium ACPI Bios Revision 003 with a Intel Core 2 Quad CPUQ9450 Yorkfield, LGA775 . the system disk is mounted in sata 0 raid thanks to the system integrated into the motherboard.La carte est équipée d'un kit hyperX 2 x 1 Go de DDR3-SDRAM...
  5. BSOD on second boot after installing Win 10 2004

BSOD on second boot after installing Win 10 2004: After receiving the update earlier today, I am getting a BSOD every time it boots up, AFTER booting up perfectly fine the first time. I had this exact same behavior some months back before they took the update down for my system.. unfortunately, my issue was apparently not...
  6. BSODs - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after update 2004

BSODs - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after update 2004: Have been encountering several BSoDs after successfully updated to version 2004. Already checked through and updated any outdated drivers. Still encountering crashes after updating drivers, successful DISM checks and sfc scans. Not sure why it happens, might be due to way...
  7. Windows 10 2004 BSOD after new install

Windows 10 2004 BSOD after new install: Hello! I've cleaned my nvme drive before installing the new version of windows 10. Everything worked perfectly until I began to install my apps and drivers, I'm sure it isn't a hardware failure because I also have a linux distro and it works perfectly I never had any...
  8. BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004: My friend borrowed me his "old" laptop MSI GS63VR 6RF Stealth Pro to play some games with him mine is too bad. As always I installed new GPU drivers and checked for windows updates and the laptop worked fine. Yesterday I started the last one windows 10 version 2004 and...
  9. BSoD after update to Version 2004

BSoD after update to Version 2004: I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update. The error shows VIDEO TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys failed. Here's what i have tried so far- 1.Tried rebooting several times 2. Restore to a previous setting [IMG] 3. Uninstall...
  10. Hang after installation of update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hang after installation of update 2004: Hi I have downloaded and install the update 2004 when it was available for my system but failed because of system was hang during installation show error Failed to install on ‎04/‎06/‎2020 - 0xc1900101...