Windows 10: BSOD after installing new GPU and PSU

Discus and support BSOD after installing new GPU and PSU in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I just got a 3070 (msi ventus 3x OC) and a 650watt psu to power it, and replaced my old 5500xt and 500w psu. After I did that I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stevicino, Feb 2, 2021.

1. BSOD after installing new GPU and PSU

Hey guys, I just got a 3070 (msi ventus 3x OC) and a 650watt psu to power it, and replaced my old 5500xt and 500w psu. After I did that I started getting BSOD with a bunch of memory errors. I have a 16gb kit of DDR4-2400 (g.skill aegis) and a 16gb kit of DDR4-3200 (g.skill rip jaws) the problem seems to be gone whenever I remove one kit of ram. I turned off XMP and set ram running at 2400 however I still get the issue sometimes whenever I restart or turn on the pc. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

submitted by /u/stevicino
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stevicino, Feb 2, 2021
  2. EarthDog Win User
    EarthDog, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Knoxx29, Feb 2, 2021
  4. RoshanV S Win User

BSOD after installing new GPU and PSU

psu watts

Hi Jason,

Minimum PSU recommended by NVIDIA is 300W. So I suggests you to upgrade your PSU to use this graphics card.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/g...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate,

safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this helps.

RoshanV S, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

BSOD after installing new GPU and PSU

1. BSOD after installing new GPU and PSU - Similar Threads - BSOD installing GPU

2. BSOD before new GPU and PSU, more BSOD afterwards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD before new GPU and PSU, more BSOD afterwards: yes I asked chatGpt to make the post for me for fun!Hello Microsoft Community,I recently upgraded my GPU and PSU, hoping to improve my system's performance. However, I've been encountering a significant increase in Blue Screen of Death BSOD errors since the upgrade. Prior to...
  3. BSOD before new GPU and PSU, more BSOD afterwards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD before new GPU and PSU, more BSOD afterwards: yes I asked chatGpt to make the post for me for fun!Hello Microsoft Community,I recently upgraded my GPU and PSU, hoping to improve my system's performance. However, I've been encountering a significant increase in Blue Screen of Death BSOD errors since the upgrade. Prior to...
  4. BSOD before new GPU and PSU, more BSOD afterwards

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD on startup after installing a new gpu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on startup after installing a new gpu.: Error code 0xc000021a.I've put the original gpu back in but I still get the same blue screen. I've tried performing an SFC scan 100% verification with "Windows Resource Protection could not perform operation" and these CMD Prompt statements:Bootrec /fixMBR successfulBootrec...
  6. BSOD on startup after installing a new gpu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on startup after installing a new gpu.: Error code 0xc000021a.I've put the original gpu back in but I still get the same blue screen. I've tried performing an SFC scan 100% verification with "Windows Resource Protection could not perform operation" and these CMD Prompt statements:Bootrec /fixMBR successfulBootrec...
  7. BSOD on startup after installing a new gpu.

8. Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU

Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU: Hello, I've been dealing with this issue for the last 2 months. My previous NVIDIA 3070 with 650w PSU had no issues. I installed a new NVIDIA 3080ti with EVGA 850w PSU. While gaming on 1 monitor and having my 2nd monitor on, after some time both screens will go black, I will...
  9. BSOD After Installing New GPU

BSOD After Installing New GPU: Switched from Nvidia GPU to AMD. Ran DDU to clear drivers before installing new GPU. Now getting BSOD every 15-30 minutes. Never had BSOD on this machine before. No issue reinstalling Win if I need to, just want to make sure it's not an issue with the new GPU. Win10 v1909 OS...
  10. Infinite loop after installing new PSU

in Windows 10 Support
    Infinite loop after installing new PSU: I just changed my PSU on my PC and it worked just fine yesterday. However, today I did*some cable management in my machine. When I started my system, it got caught into a loop that won’t let me log into Windows. These are 2 of the images that I see while going through this...