Windows 10: BSOD after installing windows update

Discus and support BSOD after installing windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been having issues for a while with this computer, with updates failing and reverting all the time. This last time has been even worse though.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by awktopus, Nov 20, 2020.

1. awktopus Win User

BSOD after installing windows update

I've been having issues for a while with this computer, with updates failing and reverting all the time. This last time has been even worse though. every time i turn on the PC i get a BSOD blue screen of death with the error PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR.

What I've done so far:

• I've tried booting in safe mode, but i still get the same BSOD.
    • I've tried startup repair; no effect.
    • I've tried uninstalling updates, but it fails: previously it showed an error i can't remember, and now it says i have "pending update actions" when i try reverting the quality update or just takes me back to the "choose an option" screen when i pick feature update.
    • I created installation media and tried to use the upgrade option, but it says i have to start windows normally first to do that, which i obviously can't do.
    • I tried running sfc /scannow and chkdsk through the command prompt; sfc failed saying "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation" and chkdsk found no problems.

I really don't want to reset the PC but I've exhausted all options I can think of, so i'm asking here for help and ideas before i give in.

PC specs:

Windows 10 Pro v2004

500GB M.2 NVMe SSD main drive

Intel Core-i3 9100F with Z390 chipset

:)

awktopus, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Nov 20, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 20, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD after installing windows update - Similar Threads - BSOD installing update

2. BSOD after installing update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after installing update: I'm having a serious issue with Windows currently. I recently just built a new pc and have had nothing but issues with it since. I've tested it and it appears that as soon as I install update 22H2 KB5022834 , which is the most recent update, my computer endlessly produces...
  3. BSOD after installing update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing update: I'm having a serious issue with Windows currently. I recently just built a new pc and have had nothing but issues with it since. I've tested it and it appears that as soon as I install update 22H2 KB5022834 , which is the most recent update, my computer endlessly produces...
  4. BSOD after installing update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 crashing to BSOD after installing Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crashing to BSOD after installing Windows Update: I installed ASUS Armoury Crate to update my drivers shortly before, but the morning after the official Windows Update went through, my computer got the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue/black screen crash repeatedly. I tried re-installing Windows a few times to clear things up but...
  6. Windows 11 crashing to BSOD after installing Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 crashing to BSOD after installing Windows Update: I installed ASUS Armoury Crate to update my drivers shortly before, but the morning after the official Windows Update went through, my computer got the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue/black screen crash repeatedly. I tried re-installing Windows a few times to clear things up but...
  7. Multiple BSOD after Windows Update Installed

Multiple BSOD after Windows Update Installed: I installed this update (K4515384) on September 18 and ever since then I've been getting random blue screens of death. My friend thinks it's this update in particular causing them. According to Google, a few others are having problems with this update and their internet...
  8. BSoD after Failing to Install "Windows Feature Updates"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSoD after Failing to Install "Windows Feature Updates": I've been getting the following BSoD message Stop code: system thread exception What Failed: AppleUSBVhci.sys My computer had been failing to install the latest Windows "Features Update" for two weeks now, always getting nearly 80% before failing. Finally, yesterday, it...
  9. BSOD after Windows update can't install

BSOD after Windows update can't install: I am on the Windows 10 insider program. Currently on build number 10547. I started noticing an error in Update Windows that said that an update couldn't be installed (see the attached screenshot below) I have attempted to click install now. One of the update seems to install...
  10. Constant BSOD after updates installed (ky.sys)

Constant BSOD after updates installed (ky.sys): Laptop is a HP ProBook 450 G3 w/ 8GB RAM installed. After installing updates, it constantly BSOD's unless it's in safe mode. I've tried doing a clean boot and it still crashed so I imagine it's probably a driver or something. Thanks in advance for all of your help!...