Windows 10: BSOD after lanching games (e.g. dota2)

Discus and support BSOD after lanching games (e.g. dota2) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have no idea what happened After launching the game ,the vedio drive would crash,and the computer would freeze to bsod. Actually,this happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by noviceonwin10, Jun 25, 2016.

1. BSOD after lanching games (e.g. dota2)

Have no idea what happened
    After launching the game ,the vedio drive would crash,and the computer would freeze to bsod.
    Actually,this happened several monthes ago,then I downgraded to win7.Everything works fine! Today,I just reinstall
    win10(not upgrade from win7) , and the anoying problem comes again!! well,I wanna win10 mostly because of its UWP apps and new UI(somehow).BUT it seems I have to downgrade because TI6 (dota2) is coming! I cant watch the show in dota2 with win10(twitch is a backup). Any help will be much appreciated!!
    And forgive my poor english.
    Attachment 86897

:)

noviceonwin10, Jun 25, 2016

2. win32kfull.sys after lanching a game program.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Install the game in compatibility mode and verify the status.

Follow the steps to install the game in compatibility mode.

a. Download the game setup files on the computer.

b. Right-click on the game setup files and click on
    Properties.

c. Click on the Compatibility tab and check the box “Run this program in compatibility mode
    for” and select compatibility.

d. Click on Apply and click
    OK
    and run the file to install it.

I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Raju S Das, Jun 25, 2016
  3. Suddenly crash when playing game in Windows 10 version 1607

After updating my windows to windows 10 version 1607, my notebook get crash when i play dota2 or other game. before this update, my notebook never behave like this, it usually go normal (never hang)

Sylvert Tahalea, Jun 25, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD after lanching games (e.g. dota2)

Hello *Smile

The error showing up is:

VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

A VIDEO_TDR_ERROR always relates to the system's graphics card (TDR = Timeout Detection Recovery). This could be down to a number of reasons including drivers, heat, power to the card, a faulty PCI-e slot or simply a defective GPU. It's in your best interests to employ common sense trouble shooting techniques in these situations.

In your case it is almost certainly a matter of finding the right W10 driver for your system. Try the manufacturer's website first but if they have not provided any guidance look at the following thread: Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 10

philc43, Jun 25, 2016
  5. Thanks for your help! I gonna try. So, this may be a hardware problem? Thanks again for your reply.

noviceonwin10, Jun 26, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Hopefully it is not faulty hardware, you just need the correct driver installed for your system.

philc43, Jun 26, 2016
  7. Emailed the support,no reply yet. I found driver for win8.1 64bit in the website. nothing for win10, probably nolonger update for old laptop.I am gonna downgrade. Need to update my hardware to enjoy win10. That will be my next desktop.Anyway,thanks for your help!

noviceonwin10, Jun 26, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

Quite often the W8.1 driver will work fine for W10. It is worth trying this before you do anything else.

philc43, Jun 26, 2016
  9. Actually,I'v done it before.And there was no luck.I think only nvidia and ms can solve these video driver bugs with further update of drivers and system.

noviceonwin10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after lanching games (e.g. dota2) - Similar Threads - BSOD lanching games

2. Computer rebooting Event ID 41 after lanching game on AMD GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer rebooting Event ID 41 after lanching game on AMD GPU: My computer is suddenly shutting down and restarting after I start Second Life, my PC restarts about 30-60 minutes after I start the game.I run a Ryzen 5 5600X with a Radeon RX 6800. The issue started to happen when I try updating my graphics drivers, any version beyond...
  3. Computer rebooting Event ID 41 after lanching game on AMD GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer rebooting Event ID 41 after lanching game on AMD GPU: My computer is suddenly shutting down and restarting after I start Second Life, my PC restarts about 30-60 minutes after I start the game.I run a Ryzen 5 5600X with a Radeon RX 6800. The issue started to happen when I try updating my graphics drivers, any version beyond...
  4. Microsoft store not lanching after reset.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not lanching after reset.: Please help me. My microsoft store was not downloading anything so i decided to reset it in the settings. After i reset it i cant launch it. I spam clicked it but nothing happened. I cant find it in any of my files and it isnt in my toolbar. I have tried powershell and every...
  5. BSOD While playing DotA2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD While playing DotA2: Hey guys. This has been going on for some time. It doesn't happen immediately but after a couple of hours it will almost certainly have happened. At some point while playing DotA2 I get a BSOD saying page fault in nonpaged area. It only happens when playing DotA2. I would...
  6. BSOD Playing PUBG, DOTA2, CSGO, DayZ

BSOD Playing PUBG, DOTA2, CSGO, DayZ: Hello guys, and thank you in advance for your time I get multiple BSOD and crashes while I am playing PUBG, Dota2, etc, basically, every game that I have I must tell you that i have a fresh Windows 10 PRO installation on my system, all drivers checked and re-checked. I am not...
  7. BSOD playing Dota2 Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD playing Dota2 Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Getting bsod and sometimes the game just crashes all together or freezes, I get the error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when I get BSOD. This only happens in Dota2 and it only started a couple weeks ago when I built my new pc. I've updated all my drivers and formatted my hard...
  8. BSOD playing Dota2

BSOD playing Dota2: I only have this problem on Dota2. I can play every other game on ultra settings without heating or any other problem but every day i have bsod while playing dota2. Please help. Thanks. 26939
  9. BSOD while playing dota2

BSOD while playing dota2: Hello everyone.As the title of the thread says i get Bsod only when i play dota2 and after a while , maybe i wont get in first game for example but i keep going for 2-3 hours playing i will surely crash with a bsod and after restarting my pc and reconnecting it will keep just...
  10. BSOD when playing DOTA2 and CS:GO (sometimes)

BSOD when playing DOTA2 and CS:GO (sometimes): hello i am new to this forum and first of all i am using MSI GE62 apache Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.6 GHz Processor 8 GB RAM + 8 GB add on from kingston 1 TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive 15.6-Inch Screen; NVIDIA Geforce GTX965M Graphics Windows 8.1 when i am playing CSGO or dota2...