Windows 10: BSOD after October Update

Discus and support BSOD after October Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About 5 days ago I installed the October update manually and after that I get 10 bsod per day. The most common errors are: memery managment, access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by johnseana, Oct 14, 2018.

1. johnseana Win User

BSOD after October Update

About 5 days ago I installed the October update manually and after that I get 10 bsod per day.
    The most common errors are: memery managment, access violation, page fault in nonpaged area and other.
    Errors indicate that I have a problem with RAM. Taking out one of the slats, I get an error in the first minutes of work.
    The standard tool for checking memory from Windows also says that I have problems with RAM. But before the update everything was fine.
    I dropped Windows to the previous version, but it did not help.
    Please tell me what I can do to fix this.
    LIVEGUARD-(2018-10-14_09-37-28).zip
    LIVEGUARD-Sun_10_14_2018__93809_15.zip

:)

johnseana, Oct 14, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Oct 14, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Oct 14, 2018
  4. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD after October Update [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after October Update - Similar Threads - BSOD October Update

2. A lot of BSoD issues after October Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A lot of BSoD issues after October Update: Since OCTOBER 2020 Update is installed in my PC, from then I am getting a lot of BSoDs. Once I was giving my online exam at that important moment BSoD appeared, and I had to write whole exam again. {APSHABD}...
  3. BSOD after pushed october 2020 update

BSOD after pushed october 2020 update: Hello All i have an interesting situation... I was working away as per normal on my Toshiba intel I7 P70 laptop and time had come to pack away and go home. FYI my update setting are set to 365 days for feature update and 30 days for quality update I was going to shut down...
  4. "Inaccessible boot device" BSOD after October update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Inaccessible boot device" BSOD after October update: I would consider myself a somewhat experienced PC user but don't know how to get this fixed. Hope there is an expert here who can help. I shut down my PC Win 10 64bit. It's a build 1809, I believe three days ago - Windows insisted on installing updates before shutdown....
  5. Constant BSOD after October updates

Constant BSOD after October updates: I am getting constant BSOD since turning my computer back on after the Thanksgiving Weekend. My computer was crashing infrequently before this just since end of September/beginning of October, it's a new install since May and I've had no issues up til now, so I made sure to...
  6. Black Screen after October Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after October Update: Hello, I started the new Windows 10 Update today when rebooting and it took much time so I left the room. After coming back I saw that its black screen and not the update screen anymore. It didnt even react on any mouse or keyboard interaction. The pc is on for 2 hours...
  7. Windows update after October 1st

Windows update after October 1st: Okay, so I updated Windows on my laptop on the 1st and everything worked, but then at about the 4th it updated again and now it says "Your PC did not start correctly" I need help fixing this....
  8. Display problems after October update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display problems after October update: This problem only started after the October update (1809). It started immediately after the update, and is a consistent fault. When the display turns off (power plan) after 30 mins, I get the following problems: # Repeated dong-ding / ding-dong sounds, identical to...
  9. Random BSOD After October update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD After October update 1809: Hello I have a dell Inspiron 15 3567 running windows 10 1709 with last updates, i did an upgrade the last few days to 1809 October update, But since the upgrade i had a random BSOD all with the same msg «PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ", Note that all my drivers are update....
  10. no audio after october update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio after october update: after October 10 update I have no audio and no microphone on my hp laptop. what do I do? I see many people have a similar problem and have tried many options to no avail. Do you just wait for another update to fix?? I;m not very computer savvy....