Windows 10: BSoD after overnight update

Discus and support BSoD after overnight update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; MONTHS ago, my computer updated overnight. Ever since, it has been stuck on the BSoD. I have tried every recovery option the computer offers and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by B. 14, Mar 25, 2020.

1. B. 14 Win User

BSoD after overnight update

MONTHS ago, my computer updated overnight. Ever since, it has been stuck on the BSoD. I have tried every recovery option the computer offers and have read dozens of community posts hoping to figure this out. It states the system config is bad. So far every attempt to resolve this issue had failed and the same message reappears. This is ridiculous.

:)

B. 14, Mar 25, 2020
  2. timta2 Win User

Blue Screen Problems

How long did you let memtest run for? I would let it run overnight. Did you try running something like Intel Burn Test? It sounds like you took the steps I would suggest. I had that same motherboard (and E8400) and when I had that BSOD it was always memory related.

timta2, Mar 25, 2020
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSoD after overnight update [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Mar 25, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond BSoD after overnight update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1. BSoD after overnight update - Similar Threads - BSoD overnight update

2. Blue Screen after overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after overnight: Often BSOD after overnight, I have disabled hibernate. It seems to occur blue screen after a long time sleep.OS: windows 10, 19045.3636BSOD code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahl4lbuq9AwVsgr0dJGlgScoLzD_?e=rkntDi...
  3. Blue Screen after overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen after overnight: Often BSOD after overnight, I have disabled hibernate. It seems to occur blue screen after a long time sleep.OS: windows 10, 19045.3636BSOD code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahl4lbuq9AwVsgr0dJGlgScoLzD_?e=rkntDi...
  4. Blue Screen after overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Brightness Scale Gone After Overnight Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Scale Gone After Overnight Update: My laptop just did an update overnight without my approval Jan 12, 2023. My brightness scale or ability to adjust the brightness in ANY way is now gone completely. I am angry as my job consists of computer work and I always have it on the lowest brightness. My screen is now...
  6. Brightness Scale Gone After Overnight Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness Scale Gone After Overnight Update: My laptop just did an update overnight without my approval Jan 12, 2023. My brightness scale or ability to adjust the brightness in ANY way is now gone completely. I am angry as my job consists of computer work and I always have it on the lowest brightness. My screen is now...
  7. BSOD while gaming/Overnight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD while gaming/Overnight: Hello, sometimes when I'm sleeping I get a BSOD and wake up to my computers login screen here is the minidump information any help would be appreciated.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22415.1002 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading...
  8. Updating overnight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating overnight: I lfet my computer on all night and thought it would finish update by the tike i woke up. Its now 9am and its still updating. Is this normal for a inspiron 15 7000 dell computer?...
  9. BSOD Crashing overnight and sometimes on log-in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Crashing overnight and sometimes on log-in: Hello, I started having issues a week or two ago where the computer would restart overnight. At first I thought it was updates but it kept on happening. I looked at Event Viewer system logs and googled some of the errors I saw and most people seemed to have RAM troubles. I...
  10. No Internet after overnight

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet after overnight: I have a Sony Vaio laptop, and the built in wifi is flakey to say the least.. I had a USB 2.4G wifi adapter I used for some time but it would always disconnect as well.. Therefore, I purchased a new dual band usb wifi adapter to help with this issue. It is a Cudy AC600 Usb...