Windows 10: BSoD after PC start / restart

Discus and support BSoD after PC start / restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Morning people! Since 3, 4 (max. 4) days I've noticed that my deskop shows beautiful BSoD after about 30 seconds after typing password to my Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Poorist, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Poorist Win User

BSoD after PC start / restart

Morning people!

Since 3, 4 (max. 4) days I've noticed that my deskop shows beautiful BSoD after about 30 seconds after typing password to my Win 10 account. It also happens after I restart my PC.

So far I tried to uninstall updates installed in last 4 days but nothing changed.
    As suggested on Google, I also tried to find any device that might work incorrect and so far I found some "mass storage device" plugged to USB 3... the problem is, nothing is plugged there.

I remember that for last year I had some problems with USB. In front of my PC I've got 2 x USB 2 and 1 x USB 3. both 2. don't work and I have no idea why... but 3 is working which is fine and enough for me.

I didn't change anything vital in last days so I'm a little confused how to deal with it. I wanted to reinstal whole system but a friend of mine said that I should post my problem here, so here I am.

Cheers!

:)

Poorist, Jun 15, 2017

2. BSoD on Windows 10

I was just sitting on PC today looking at youtube and talking to some friends and suddenly the BSoD appears. My pc turned off and then i turned it on again. I restarted and as i restarted i got the BSoD again. I then started my pc up again and shut it
    down, the BSoD didn't appear. For some reason when i restart my PC i get the BSoD however when shutting down i don't. It has only happened once randomly but i am writing this straight after it happened. HELP!

Teddy Dixon, Jun 15, 2017
  3. PC getting Unexpected Store Exception and Critical Process Died BSOD.

Hi,

My PC is getting Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception BSOD. Please help me fix it. After the PC restarts from BSOD, it goes into BIOS and my SSD doesn't show there. I have to shut down the PC and then it starts normally and eventually again
    gets the BSOD.

Guide me how to find the logs and I will promptly share them.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You.

arman chandok, Jun 15, 2017
  4. Poorist Win User

Aaand my problem is back *Sad

Now it happens also on random times during usage after 1, 3 hours after PC launch / restart.
    Before I've updated all drivers with program and for 1, 2 days it was okay.

I would appriciate any help from you because I have no more ideas how to fix that.

I tried updating drivers, uninstall latest window's updates.

Poorist, Jun 20, 2017
  5. philc43 Win User
    Hello and welcome to Tenforums *Smile

There are a couple of things you can do to help us to help you. Firstly, can you fill in as many details as possible about you system in the system spec area of your profile.

Then can you redo the log files and repost them - the ones you uploaded in your last post are empty!

Thanks,
    Phil

philc43, Jun 20, 2017
  6. Poorist Win User
    Hello Phil!
    Profile updated, I hope there is everything that is needed.
    Weird, I was pretty sure that there is "something" in uploaded file :/
    Please check now (upladed here and in 1st post).

Poorist, Jun 20, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    Code: BugCheck EF, {ffffae8b2ed63800, 0, 0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Atc.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Atc.sys ***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis. ------------------------------------------------ | | | NT symbols are not available | | reduced functionality | | | ------------------------------------------------ ----- ETW minidump data unavailable----- unable to get nt!KiCurrentEtwBufferOffset unable to get nt!KiCurrentEtwBufferBase Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe[/quote] ntkrnlpa.exe see ntoskrnl.exe Windows Update

The logs we cannot read as they are in a foreign language. If possible please resubmit in English so that we can scan the log files and provide bsod troubleshooting from the logs.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

zbook, Jun 21, 2017
  8. Poorist Win User

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393](c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan.
    This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows
    Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.14393.0Image Version: 10.0.14393.0[==========================100.0%==========================]
    The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    675072 file records processed.File verification completed.
    25291 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    827888 index entries processed.Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    76409 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    34102376 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

975785983 KB total disk space.
    574409980 KB in 339310 files.
    235188 KB in 76410 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    815815 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    400325000 KB available on disk.
    4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    243946495 total allocation units on disk.
    100081250 allocation units available on disk.

I will uploadEng logs in a moment.

Poorist, Jun 21, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    Hello Poorist!

Thanks for updating your system specs.

The crash dump does show a driver problem with atc.sys which is part of Bitdefender's AV system - I would suggest that for now you uninstall Bitdefender and use Windows Defender and see if this makes a difference.

Code: BugCheck EF, {ffffc30dabc42080, 0, 0, 0} WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Atc.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Atc.sys[/quote]

philc43, Jun 21, 2017
  10. Poorist Win User
    Hello Phil!

As suggested I've uninstalled Bitdefender and later I will let you know if it is working or not.
    For now please check Eng logs:

Poorist, Jun 21, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    Code: {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file): '\??\C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\S-1-5-21-3895139749-2382153094-2882428110-1001-0-ntuser.dat' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost.[/quote] Code: File System Filter 'wcifs' (Version 10.0, ?2016?-?09?-?15T18:42:03.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy2'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xC000000D. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.[/quote] If you are using: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic please uninstall and reinstall it.
    If you are using: SimCity by electronic arts please uninstall and reinstall it
    Please uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes.

zbook, Jun 22, 2017
  12. Poorist Win User
    So.

When I combined Phil's and zbook's solution and it finally worked (for now hehe).
    I did some combinations and Bitdefender + malwarebytes uninstalled stopped my BSoD nightmare.

Many thanks for your help zbook and Phil *Smile

Poorist, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSoD after PC start / restart - Similar Threads - BSoD start restart

2. PC won't start after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't start after BSOD: Hey!So the story is I played on my PC and it run on BSOD.I waited 10 sec before it turned off. I tried to turn pc on, but nothing helped and tried everything. I tried to check lithium battery and then it started, but it didnt boot and made 5 long beeps. I checked RAM,...
  3. PC won't start after BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't start after BSOD: Hey!So the story is I played on my PC and it run on BSOD.I waited 10 sec before it turned off. I tried to turn pc on, but nothing helped and tried everything. I tried to check lithium battery and then it started, but it didnt boot and made 5 long beeps. I checked RAM,...
  4. PC won't start after BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Pc restarting loop, bsod, restarts entire pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc restarting loop, bsod, restarts entire pc: My pc has been running fine no issues I wanted to do a fresh install of windows on my 120gb ssd so I downloaded the medial tool on a usb formatted my 120 and went to install windows. First off every time I boot via usb my screen goes haywire and shows like weird artifact like...
  6. Some programs starting automatically after restarting the PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some programs starting automatically after restarting the PC: why last application Excel or word which was running starts automatically when i start my computer again after shut down. ***Original title: Program starts automatically.***...
  7. PC is not auto restarted after BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC is not auto restarted after BSOD: Hi, - Last week, my Windows 10 Home PC had a BSOD with the error STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION Image: https://ibb.co/niSkYo I have searched on the internet but there is no information about this error. It collected the error information for 100% but without auto...
  8. Pc keeps restarting after initial start up

Pc keeps restarting after initial start up: My Lenovo G50 which runs Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit version keeps restarting itself right after it's initial startup. A message pops up with a blue background that says Driver IRQL Not less or equal What failed:ndistpr64.sys Someone please help 91483
  9. BSOD when starting up PC, but then it restarts fine

BSOD when starting up PC, but then it restarts fine: The Focusrite USB device is for my sound as I am using studio monitors. Is there a way to possibly prevent further crashes regarding the issue? I would assume reinstalling drivers?
  10. My W10 PC will not restart after BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    My W10 PC will not restart after BSOD: My windows 10 machine, an AMD based system I assembled Myself, will not automatically restart after a BSOD. I have the settings in "Start up and Recovery set as follows Time to display list of operating systems: 30 seconds Automatic restart is checked Small memory dump...