Windows 10: BSOD (after plugging in an HDMI external monitor to a lenovo legion laptop and using it for...

Discus and support BSOD (after plugging in an HDMI external monitor to a lenovo legion laptop and using it for... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have what I believe is a serious issues with my windows laptop here. Often, I get a BSOD (blue screen of death) with an error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by steroMK, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:27 AM.

1. steroMK Win User

BSOD (after plugging in an HDMI external monitor to a lenovo legion laptop and using it for...

Hello everyone,

I have what I believe is a serious issues with my windows laptop here. Often, I get a BSOD (blue screen of death) with an error: VIDEO_DXGKML_FATAL_ERROR, whenever I plug in my external HDMI monitor to my laptop. But I don't get this bsod right away after plugging-in the monitor. The error can occur anytime randomly during operation.

Here is a minidump that I generated using bluescreenview:

Filename Address In Stack From Address To Address Size Time Stamp Time String Product Name File Description File Version Company Full Path
    dxgkrnl.sys dxgkrnl.sys+2a42e7 fffff806`50640000 fffff806`509b4000 0x00374000 0xacf9abf2 12/17/2061 1:13:54 PM Microsoft® Windows® Operating System DirectX Graphics Kernel 10.0.18362.387 (WinBuild.160101.0800) Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
    ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+370030 fffff806`36400000 fffff806`36eb6000 0x00ab6000 0xfc9570f2 4/14/2104 11:36:50 PM Microsoft® Windows® Operating System NT Kernel & System 10.0.18362.418 (WinBuild.160101.0800) Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    watchdog.sys watchdog.sys+41a0 fffff806`519c0000 fffff806`519d6000 0x00016000 0x21474799 9/11/1987 2:45:13 AM Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Watchdog Driver 10.0.18362.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800) Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys

Any help would be much appreciated BSOD (after plugging in an HDMI external monitor to a lenovo legion laptop and using it for... :) I need to fix this issue fast tho... Thank you all in advance!

:)

2. 944382 Win User

Laptop display and monitor will not wake when HDMI cable plugged into laptop.

I have a laptop. Lenovo ideapad FLEX 4-1480 Signature Edition.

The laptop has a display, and the laptop is connected to a monitor via an HDMI cable.

Sleep mode is disabled.

Screen timeout is enabled.

I lock the computer. The laptop display and monitor both eventually deactivate.

I move the mouse and press keys to wake the monitor. Nothing happens on either the laptop display or the monitor.

If the HDMI cable is not plugged into the laptop, the laptop display will wake as intended. The problem happens only when the HDMI cable is plugged into the laptop.

I have to remove the HDMI cable from the laptop, wait a few seconds, reinsert it, then the laptop display and monitor will wake. Again, the laptop display will wake just fine when the HDMI cable is not plugged in.

3. Rhina Vib Win User
    No sound when connected to external monitor

Hi Bill,

To fix this issue, you can try the steps below:

• Plug in both ends of the HDMI without the laptop on.
    • Turn the external monitor on and set to HDMI screen.
    • Boot up your laptop from a shutdown position (not restart).
    • Your laptop will now recognize the external monitor and will acknowledge its presence.
    • Right-click the speaker icon on the task bar and choose
      View Volume Controls.
    • Set TV as default.
    • Click Apply, then click Ok.
    You can also refer to the article in this
    link
    to help fix sound problems.

Let us know how it goes.

4. BSOD (after plugging in an HDMI external monitor to a lenovo legion laptop and using it for...

W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in

In an attempt to connect to a Samsung external monitor the laptop screen goes black when HDMI cable is plugged in. I have checked the settings from the notifications-project - panel is set to laptop only. Is is perhaps stuck to monitor only in another
    place?

StephanieCorley, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:36 AM
Thema:

BSOD (after plugging in an HDMI external monitor to a lenovo legion laptop and using it for...

1. BSOD (after plugging in an HDMI external monitor to a lenovo legion laptop and using it for... - Similar Threads - BSOD plugging HDMI

2. Problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with hdmi to vga adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with hdmi to vga adapter: I am having a problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with a hdmi to vga adapter/converter, the weird thing is that the monitor works normally without any problem when i connect it to my other laptop (HP) or my orange pi one and when i connect my laptop to my...
  3. Lenovo Legion Y520

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Legion Y520: Do any of you have a Lenovo laptop? I've just bought one - the spec looked very impressive and it is, performance-wise. But it was advertised as a Windows 10 laptop and it looks to me like it's a Win 8/Win 10-ready. (I won't know for sure until I've checked it after it's...
  4. Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu: Hi. Yesterday I picked up my Lenovo Legion with Windows 10. I've set it up and updated all apps and OS. 1. If I unpin apps from the menu tiles, they re-appear after a re-boot. 2. Tons of apps (candy crush) are listen and can only be pinned to the tile, not removed from...
  5. HDMI PLUG

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI PLUG: security camera dont work whit hdmi y https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-plug/96ea468a-5df3-4848-b049-62292f9b1438
  6. HDMI: Not plugged in

HDMI: Not plugged in: So from day one, my second HDMI port hasn't been working. I plugged in my monitor. Nothing happened. So I switched to the second port. Booted up my PC and the monitor worked. I thought it was a bug. A few years later, I want a second monitor. HDMI port still not working. So I...
  7. using hdmi on windows 10 laptop and lenovo 330s

using hdmi on windows 10 laptop and lenovo 330s: hi, I am having trouble with the second screen only setting on my laptop from the hdmi output on my laptop. It works fine as I have checked it with the duplicate setting. the problem is when I use the second screen only setting and the laptop screen turns off the taskbar,...
  8. External Monitor not detected on Lenovo G500 laptop

External Monitor not detected on Lenovo G500 laptop: After installing Technical Preview my Acer monitor is not detected when plugged in by VGA to Lenovo G500 laptop. This works on the 7 Dual Boot. I only see one Generic Monitor detected in Dev Mgr. All Devices were issued drivers at install. 2323
  9. Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE

Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE: I have two laptops, both of which have HDMI ports. Is there any software that will use the HDMI cable to make one of my laptops act as a secondary monitor? I don't want any software that requires a network connection because I'm going to be in college. 59100
  10. After using HDMI cable to tv, monitor on laptop black

After using HDMI cable to tv, monitor on laptop black: I have been using HDMI cable from laptop to tv without problem. However, since updating to Windows 10 whenever I use HDMI cable, after disconnecting my laptop screen is black, it is as though it does not recognize it's own monitor. I have had to restore latptop twice and...