Windows 10: BSOD (after plugging in an HDMI external monitor to a lenovo legion laptop and using it for...

Discus and support BSOD (after plugging in an HDMI external monitor to a lenovo legion laptop and using it for... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have what I believe is a serious issues with my windows laptop here. Often, I get a BSOD (blue screen of death) with an error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by steroMK, Nov 9, 2019.

1. steroMK Win User

BSOD (after plugging in an HDMI external monitor to a lenovo legion laptop and using it for...

Hello everyone,

I have what I believe is a serious issues with my windows laptop here. Often, I get a BSOD (blue screen of death) with an error: VIDEO_DXGKML_FATAL_ERROR, whenever I plug in my external HDMI monitor to my laptop. But I don't get this bsod right away after plugging-in the monitor. The error can occur anytime randomly during operation.

Here is a minidump that I generated using bluescreenview:

Filename Address In Stack From Address To Address Size Time Stamp Time String Product Name File Description File Version Company Full Path
    dxgkrnl.sys dxgkrnl.sys+2a42e7 fffff806`50640000 fffff806`509b4000 0x00374000 0xacf9abf2 12/17/2061 1:13:54 PM Microsoft® Windows® Operating System DirectX Graphics Kernel 10.0.18362.387 (WinBuild.160101.0800) Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
    ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+370030 fffff806`36400000 fffff806`36eb6000 0x00ab6000 0xfc9570f2 4/14/2104 11:36:50 PM Microsoft® Windows® Operating System NT Kernel & System 10.0.18362.418 (WinBuild.160101.0800) Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    watchdog.sys watchdog.sys+41a0 fffff806`519c0000 fffff806`519d6000 0x00016000 0x21474799 9/11/1987 2:45:13 AM Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Watchdog Driver 10.0.18362.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800) Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys

Any help would be much appreciated BSOD (after plugging in an HDMI external monitor to a lenovo legion laptop and using it for... :) I need to fix this issue fast tho... Thank you all in advance!

:)

steroMK, Nov 9, 2019
  2. 944382 Win User

Laptop display and monitor will not wake when HDMI cable plugged into laptop.

I have a laptop. Lenovo ideapad FLEX 4-1480 Signature Edition.

The laptop has a display, and the laptop is connected to a monitor via an HDMI cable.

Sleep mode is disabled.

Screen timeout is enabled.

I lock the computer. The laptop display and monitor both eventually deactivate.

I move the mouse and press keys to wake the monitor. Nothing happens on either the laptop display or the monitor.

If the HDMI cable is not plugged into the laptop, the laptop display will wake as intended. The problem happens only when the HDMI cable is plugged into the laptop.

I have to remove the HDMI cable from the laptop, wait a few seconds, reinsert it, then the laptop display and monitor will wake. Again, the laptop display will wake just fine when the HDMI cable is not plugged in.

944382, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    No sound when connected to external monitor

Hi Bill,

To fix this issue, you can try the steps below:

• Plug in both ends of the HDMI without the laptop on.
    • Turn the external monitor on and set to HDMI screen.
    • Boot up your laptop from a shutdown position (not restart).
    • Your laptop will now recognize the external monitor and will acknowledge its presence.
    • Right-click the speaker icon on the task bar and choose
      View Volume Controls.
    • Set TV as default.
    • Click Apply, then click Ok.
    You can also refer to the article in this
    link
    to help fix sound problems.

Let us know how it goes.

Rhina Vib, Nov 9, 2019
  4. BSOD (after plugging in an HDMI external monitor to a lenovo legion laptop and using it for...

W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in

In an attempt to connect to a Samsung external monitor the laptop screen goes black when HDMI cable is plugged in. I have checked the settings from the notifications-project - panel is set to laptop only. Is is perhaps stuck to monitor only in another
    place?

StephanieCorley, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

BSOD (after plugging in an HDMI external monitor to a lenovo legion laptop and using it for...

1. BSOD (after plugging in an HDMI external monitor to a lenovo legion laptop and using it for... - Similar Threads - BSOD plugging HDMI

2. Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors: My Lenovo Laptop is no longer recognizing my external monitors. this worked fine until a few days ago. I have updated, removed, reinstalled the intel graphics driver and run intel diagnostic as well as windows diagnostic. All internal HW passes tests. The computer thinks it...
  3. Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors: My Lenovo Laptop is no longer recognizing my external monitors. this worked fine until a few days ago. I have updated, removed, reinstalled the intel graphics driver and run intel diagnostic as well as windows diagnostic. All internal HW passes tests. The computer thinks it...
  4. first hdmi disconnected after plug in another hdmi into the monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    first hdmi disconnected after plug in another hdmi into the monitor: I think is the power management problem.I tried to use only one HDMI, but when I switched the monitor's input between HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. HDMI 1 shows signal lost.Its kind of HDMI port sleep after I switch to another input signal. Its struggled me when I using HDMI 1, it...
  5. first hdmi disconnected after plug in another hdmi into the monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    first hdmi disconnected after plug in another hdmi into the monitor: I think is the power management problem.I tried to use only one HDMI, but when I switched the monitor's input between HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. HDMI 1 shows signal lost.Its kind of HDMI port sleep after I switch to another input signal. Its struggled me when I using HDMI 1, it...
  6. first hdmi disconnected after plug in another hdmi into the monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. BSOD when unplugging external monitor from laptop hdmi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when unplugging external monitor from laptop hdmi: Hello, I have big problem, every time I unplug second monitor I get BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I have tried reinstall drivers and then windows too. But it didnt help. It should be a software error, when with second monitor everything works fine, right? Here is a...
  8. Laptop plugged into external monitor over HDMI, monitor stuck at lower resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop plugged into external monitor over HDMI, monitor stuck at lower resolution: The 2nd monitor is stuck at 640x480 even though it's 1080p. I've gone into the display settings and the display resolution option for the external monitor is greyed out. And when I plug the HDMI cable into the monitor, there's a box that pops up on the monitor that says...
  9. Envy Laptop with External Monitor HDMI

Envy Laptop with External Monitor HDMI: I've tried to connect my LG external monitor to my new Envy Laptop. I have the laptop and monitor powered up, the HDMI cable is connected between the monitor and the laptop. The monitor displays "No Signal - Please check your connection -HDMI1 input is connected. Click OK...
  10. laptop display stopped working after plugging external monitor into HDMI port

laptop display stopped working after plugging external monitor into HDMI port: This has now happened to me many times even after completely re-installing windows 10 from scratch. But this time around it seems permanent. I've also tried uninstalling display drivers and monitors. Under Device Manager, monitors now I only see the Generic PnP monitor. When...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo legion y740 cant connect to external monitor

2. dxgkrnl external monitor

3. BSOD after plugging.in.HDMI windows 10

4. lenovo error blue screen hdmi connected and sleep