Windows 10: BSOD after power interruption

Discus and support BSOD after power interruption in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm getting a BSOD after a power cut. The error was BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. The first thing I tried was to restore the registry files from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chippy10, May 4, 2021.

1. chippy10 Win User

BSOD after power interruption

Hey guys, I'm getting a BSOD after a power cut. The error was BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. The first thing I tried was to restore the registry files from regback but I soon found out that Windows doesn't backup the registry files anymore. So my regback folder was empty. Then I issued these commands: bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot bcdedit /export c:\bcdbackup attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old bootrec /rebuildbcd All commands execute correctly except for bootrec /fixboot and the most important command bootrec /rebuildbcd which outputs the following message: Total identified Windows installations: 0 I also tried to restore from a restore point from yesterday and it completes correctly but it doesn't boot anyways. After trying all the above, the system keeps rebooting on Recovery after encountering the BSOD, but the error message now is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. And I tried again all the above without success. What should I try further? And do you have any clue why the rebuildbcd doesn't find a windows installation?

:)

chippy10, May 4, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 4, 2021
  3. intprob Win User
    Help with Hardware Interrupts

To use Krview, ignore any driver that is part of Windows or that is for the CPU idle thread.
    inteppm is for the CPU idle thread, ignore it.
    hal and ntkrnlpa are part of Windows, ignore them.
    ati2mtag is the first one on the list that is elevated and relevant.
    Find out what hardware interrupt it uses and then any device that shares this interrupt could be the problem. It might not be ati2mtag.
    If its the video driver, can you use another card?
    Putting the computer to sleep might reset things.

intprob, May 4, 2021
  4. axe0 Win User

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums BSOD after power interruption :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD after power interruption [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

axe0, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD after power interruption - Similar Threads - BSOD power interruption

2. Will Power Interruptions Damage Computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Power Interruptions Damage Computer?: Folks, I have an electrical problem which is causing power in my office to be briefly interrupted. Sometimes I just loose internet connection but usually the computer looses power and restarts, or I need to power it on.this happens many times a day. Is this damaging the...
  3. Will Power Interruptions Damage Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Power Interruptions Damage Computer?: Folks, I have an electrical problem which is causing power in my office to be briefly interrupted. Sometimes I just loose internet connection but usually the computer looses power and restarts, or I need to power it on.this happens many times a day. Is this damaging the...
  4. Will Power Interruptions Damage Computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Will Power Interruption Damage Computer?

Will Power Interruption Damage Computer?: Folks, I have an electrical problem which is causing power in my office to be briefly interrupted. Sometimes I just loose internet connection but usually the computer looses power and restarts, or I need to power it on.this happens many times a day. Is this damaging the...
  6. During a windows install power was interrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During a windows install power was interrupted.: During a windows install power was interrupted. Can't get past the power failure error during installation or even pull up the BIOS menu to change boot menu. Is there anyway around this?...
  7. During a windows install power was interrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During a windows install power was interrupted.: During a windows install power was interrupted. Can't get past the power failure error during installation or even pull up the BIOS menu to change boot menu. Is there anyway around this?...
  8. During a windows install power was interrupted.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. BSOD after power interrupted during a clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after power interrupted during a clean install of windows 10: Power was interrupted during a clean install of Windows 10. I now get a blue screen immediately upon powering up, before UEFI. Keyboard does not work, so i cannot access any blue screen options. System shuts itself down after about a minute. Brand new system. Motherboard:...
  10. update update power interruption

update update power interruption: My Dell laptop lost power in the middle of the last windows update. Now it asks for a recovery key and it will not go to windows after I enter the recovery key....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. regback after power outage