Windows 10: BSOD after power outage, stop code 0x00000667

Discus and support BSOD after power outage, stop code 0x00000667 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've had a power outage two days ago, after which my computer kept restarting every time I shut down. Using AOMEI Backupper I restored to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Luxerra, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Luxerra Win User

BSOD after power outage, stop code 0x00000667

Hi,

I've had a power outage two days ago, after which my computer kept restarting every time I shut down. Using AOMEI Backupper I restored to a previously made system backup to solve the issue which it did, briefly.

Today, when I tried using Display Driver Uninstaller to update my graphics card driver, BSOD happened with the stop code 0x00000667. I've tried locating the stop code online where I found its related to a startup program(?). Not sure what program or other it could be since AOMEI removed everything, so before I resort to restoring my computer (which isn't even two months old) to factory settings I'm really hopeful someone here could help me with this problem.

Also, should I keep shutting down using the power button as normal? I'm kinda afraid this could mess with the hardware longevity or something.

Thanks!

:)

Luxerra, Feb 9, 2017

2. error code Oxc000021a, wdf_violation after PC shutdown unexpectedly.

We had a power outage, the power kept going on and off for several minutes then complete outage. My computer system is now in a constant loop of restarts, blue screen, frown face. Error code WDF_violation then restarts and error code Oxc000021a, over and
    over.

Help...

Irene.

Original title: updates windows 10, power outages, error code Oxc000021a, wdf_violation

IreneDavidson, Feb 9, 2017
  3. Error codes

What is the Windows error code for a power outage? I think in older versions it was 41.

DavidEKling, Feb 9, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

All the dumps show a problem with aswVmm.sys.
    Code: BugCheck 667, {ffffffffc000020d, 80000021, 0, 0} Probably caused by : aswVmm.sys ( aswVmm+1287e )[/quote] Driver Description: avast! VM Monitor driver

So, uninstall Avast and run with the Windows 10 built-in Windows Defender for awhile, see if that resolves the problem. If it does you can stay with Windows Defender which is a perfectly good AV program and is what I use, along with Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium.

Ztruker, Feb 9, 2017
  5. Luxerra Win User
    Strange as this is the first something like this happened, though it's only with the new version they released so far. I'll try Windows Defender for a few days and see how it goes. Though, if you don't mind me asking, what do you think of Qihoo's Total Security? I've heard it's a good antivirus software and it has both Avira and Bitdefender databases.

Luxerra, Feb 9, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I don't use any AV other then Defender. All the others I've tried are intrusive, get in the way and do not do a better job for me. Never heard of Qihoo's Total Security.

Ztruker, Feb 10, 2017
  7. Luxerra Win User

Well, turns out it was Avast. So thanks again, Ztruker!

Luxerra, Feb 17, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User
    Glad you found the cause.

Ztruker, Feb 17, 2017
  9. One last word. Defender is just an basic protection good for people surfing on serious and known Websites and has nothing to do with any sort of filesharing. It is still just a minor project of Microsoft with a handful of developers.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after power outage, stop code 0x00000667 - Similar Threads - BSOD power outage

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Intermittent BSoDs after a power outage, what is going on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent BSoDs after a power outage, what is going on?: My sister's PC got turned off during a power outage two days ago no surge, nothing is fried, and ever since then it has had intermittent BSoDs.First time, it blue screened, and windows failed to even boot into the recovery screen, and after it restarted itself twice, it went...
  4. Intermittent BSoDs after a power outage, what is going on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent BSoDs after a power outage, what is going on?: My sister's PC got turned off during a power outage two days ago no surge, nothing is fried, and ever since then it has had intermittent BSoDs.First time, it blue screened, and windows failed to even boot into the recovery screen, and after it restarted itself twice, it went...
  5. Trouble after power outage

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble after power outage: Last night we has a short, flicker-type power outage. My computer and my DVR are the only things it shut down. When I turned my computer back on, I first got my lock screen, like normal, then when I clicked to get the sign-in screen, I got a blue screen where I had to sign...
  6. "Stop Code" errors when computer restarts due to a power outage

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Stop Code" errors when computer restarts due to a power outage: How do I correct stop code errors which result from unexpected power outages. I have had two incidents recently where the power goes out while the computer sits idle and the stop code blue screen deaths occur. One is the "critical process died," while the second is about...
  7. Windows10 after power outage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 after power outage: After a power outage, my Windows10 will not reboot properly. I have a back screen with a few limited icons. Recovery under Settings does not eliminate the problem. I cannot access any of my working files. Can anyone help advise please?...
  8. BSOD when playing games (after power outage)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing games (after power outage): Hello Everyone, I had a power outage the other day and my pc shut down. After the restart my pc gets BSOD's with many different stopcodes when playing games. Some stopcodes that windows mentioned: IRQL not less or equal, system thread exception not handled and kernel...
  9. BSODs when Gaming after Power Outage

BSODs when Gaming after Power Outage: I recently had a power outage, and I can't remember if my computer was off or asleep at the time. Anyway, a day or so after the outage I wanted to play a game, and everything was fine up until I started playing it. I was walking around in game and about 30 seconds after I...
  10. W10 BSOD fails to post after power outage

W10 BSOD fails to post after power outage: Hi Everyone I had the pc running pretty hard, F@H , during a power outage. Since then it has never restarted, reverts to Recovery screen and Error code: 0xc0000221 I've disconnected all ssds and tried to install OS with new W10 disk. even this results in same Recovery...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x00000667

2. bsod 0x00000667

3. windows 0x00000667