Windows 10: BSoD after random freeze

Discus and support BSoD after random freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm posting on behalf of a friend of mine. I've attached a DM log from his most recent BS and set my PC specs to reflect his. While he was telling me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Toxictides00, Feb 3, 2016.

1. BSoD after random freeze

I'm posting on behalf of a friend of mine. I've attached a DM log from his most recent BS and set my PC specs to reflect his.
    While he was telling me that he Blue Screened, I asked him a few questions to see what he was doing at the time, but he told me that he couldn't think of anything that had been consistent throughout each freeze, only that the freeze happened first, and the BS happened on start up.
    The first time it happened, he had been downloading Skype.
    The second, he was browsing the internet and using Photoshop.
    The third time he was in queue for an online video game.
    Any help would be extremely appreciated.

:)

Toxictides00, Feb 3, 2016
  2. bataraky Win User

Windows Random Complete Freeze

Greetings,

I recently did a fresh reinstall of my Windows due to some issues i had and after the reinstallation i've started experiencing some very annoying and very random freezes. It is indeed super random and i can't expect it, it freezes literally when doing anything
    including Gaming,Web browsing,Working in Photoshop,Watching movies etc. literally super random. It freezes completely and i'm forced to press a Restart button on my PC in order to get it working again. It's not a hardware issue for sure because in the past
    whenever i had a hardware issue it would just give me a BSOD with an error or it will say in Reliability history what was the issue but this time it just freezes completely and sound stops as well as the mouse cursor and keyboard. Before clean install i
    was using WIndows 10 1703 build i think and never had an issue but after installation of Win 10 1709 this issue started appearing and it's really annoying as i don't know when to expect it. Sometimes i use my PC for couple of days without any freezes and then
    suddenly it freezes randomly.

How can i fix this issue? Any help will be appreciated!

Kind Regards.

bataraky, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Update September 29,2016 KB3194496 Causing Freezing

Update: The computer still sometimes freezes after starting up. It is random.

User12345679, Feb 3, 2016
  4. BSoD after random freeze

I'll have him remove norton and Daemon immediately. As far as bios drivers go, I've already had him update those from manufactures website, as well as resetting his bios to default settings, though he insisted he wasn't overclocking. After Bios reset, the crashes have still happened.
    Our next step will be the drivers for the ASmedia USB drivers & network drivers. Will confirm that they're updated next reply.
    After the software is out of the way, I'll start him up on hardware testing.
    Thank you for the reply. I'll do what I can to get back to you soon

Toxictides00, Feb 4, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Feb 4, 2016
  6. We may be overlooking it, but neither of us could find a download section in the ASMedia Tech link you sent us.
    Software listed has been removed.
    Also, the links to pages for the DRT had links listed for update pages, but the one for PCA responded with a domain error, the other didn't seem to lead to anything driver related.

Toxictides00, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSoD after random freeze

1. BSoD after random freeze - Similar Threads - BSoD random freeze

2. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  3. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  4. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random BSOD and freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD and freezing: I purchased a PC a month or so ago and have been experiencing random BSOD and freezing. It seems to happen any time as I can't find a trigger. I'm not doing anything specific other than every day use. The BSOD seems to happen at least a couple times a week and the freezing,...
  6. Random freezes and BSODs

Random freezes and BSODs: I have a Sony VAIO laptop, model SVE14A290X, which had Windows 8.1 installed on it. I waited until late December 2015 to upgrade to Windows 10, and followed all of the instructions and driver downloads given on the Sony website.But since then I've been having regular freezes...
  7. BSOD And random freeze

BSOD And random freeze: Hello everyone. For long time I was having problem with my old HDD it was faulty and my PC crashed from time to time (format + new windows). I decide to change my old HDD and get a new HDD and new SSD to act as window partition. After i install everything i started to...
  8. Random Freezes/BSoDs?

Random Freezes/BSoDs?: Hello everyone. I have recently been receiving constant freezes (hard freezes, can't do anything, computer is still running but Gpu fans stop, monitor freezes, controls lock up, etc.) and BSoDs. To add some backstory, this just randomly started happening about 4 months after...
  9. Random freeze and BSOD

Random freeze and BSOD: Hi, i have random freeze and BSOD with various errors. dumps as requested by stickythread are attached. i will provide more dumps when the problem will happen again. Thank you. The problem was caused by the motherboard (BIOS P1.90), it seems that does not...
  10. Bsod/freeze at random

Bsod/freeze at random: at random times my pc will get bsod or just freeze and i need to restart. 90% of the times i turn the pc on it happens after 5-10 minutes and can then be good for several hours later. don't know what causes this, anyone have an idea? 82593