Windows 10: BSOD after reboot and during regular use. Driver verifier caused immediate BSOD requiring...

Discus and support BSOD after reboot and during regular use. Driver verifier caused immediate BSOD requiring... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently running Windows 10 and I have been getting random BSOD errors for the past month or so. It often occurs after rebooting my PC or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HunterOverstreet, Feb 12, 2020.

1. BSOD after reboot and during regular use. Driver verifier caused immediate BSOD requiring...

Hello,

I'm currently running Windows 10 and I have been getting random BSOD errors for the past month or so. It often occurs after rebooting my PC or returning from sleep mode. It also occurs with random use, but not as frequently.

I've received multiple stop codes on the BSOD, such as:

-MEMORY MANAGEMENT

-PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

-SYSTEM THREAT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

-DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

I decided to run the Driver Verifier utility using a guide found here, and it almost immediately caused the BSOD with the stop code: driver verifier detected violation. What failed: RTKVHD64.sys. I could not launch Windows until I went into safe mode and disabled the driver verifier.

I have used the sfc/ and chkdsk/ commands with 0 errors. My guess is that it's related to a faulty driver, however I'm not sure how to pinpoint which one.

I have provided the few minidump files that I had, and also the large memory dump file. I believe the driver verifier error was only saved to the memory dump file.

Minidump and system info:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhzMDcRwPj6ljXyC1eCCCED4hs1A?e=yYihRz

Memorydump:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhzMDcRwPj6ljgBUtmm6CGFeJp_t?e=pKhdnr

:)

HunterOverstreet, Feb 12, 2020

2. Stuck on Reboot of BSOD with Driver Verifier

So, I f*cked up, hard. My computer was really warm and acting funny, then it had a BSOD with no stated source. Then, it kept doing it every 2-3 minutes after I rebooted. So, I refreshed it and attempted to update my drivers to find out what was wrong.
    I updated all of them and then started to get a ntoskrnl.exe BSOD. I tried to run driver verifier as it then popped up with a isctd64.sys BSOD. Now, I'm stuck in a loop of BSOD's with the driver verifier thing with the isctd64.sys stated as the source. However,
    I can't get it to reboot past this. Refresh won't work. System startup repair won't work. Safe mode won't accept my password to log me into my account. Also, even turning off driver verifier will not work. I am at my tipping point and I just don't know what
    to do. I feel so stupid because I can't figure it out.

ErikGammon, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Windows Driver Verifier BSOD

I took the WinTV card out of my computer and ran driver verifier again but didn't have it check dfx12x64.sys. Still got an immediate BSOD which BlueScreenView reported as being caused by wdcsam64.sys. Ran driver verifier again and didn't have it check either of those two, this time I got a BSOD that BlueScreenView reported as being caused by rtwlanu.sys (I've included that crash dump - the previous one got deleted when I had to use system restore to disable driver verifier). Ran driver verifier again and excluded all 3 of those from the list of drivers to check and finally didn't get a BSOD. So what the heck does that mean? Driver verifier's given me BSODs for 5 different drivers now. I'm about to just give up and go back to Windows 7.

Metaphorce, Feb 12, 2020
  4. BSOD after reboot and during regular use. Driver verifier caused immediate BSOD requiring...

Regular BSOD

Hi All

I keep getting regularly (daily) BSOD

I follow the Driver Verifier article and when i rebooted straight away it BSOD and gave the error DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION but nothing further.

I've rar'd 3 minidump files at Minidump.rar

I think it may have something to do with either the audio or video drivers as it was crashing quite bad tonight when i tried to play a Youtube video.

I haven't run memtest just yet, it'll be the next step if the dumps prove inconclusive.

Cheers

Shavenewok, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

BSOD after reboot and during regular use. Driver verifier caused immediate BSOD requiring...

1. BSOD after reboot and during regular use. Driver verifier caused immediate BSOD requiring... - Similar Threads - BSOD reboot during

2. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck and then driver verifier cause BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck and then driver verifier cause BSOD: I have PC running on default BIOS settings, no overclock whatsoever. Also I'm running Win10 x64. While installing a steam game I suddenly got BSOD which in event viewer is registered as "the computer has recovered from a bugcheck".I've searched for an answer and found on this...
  3. ‘verifier‘ caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ‘verifier‘ caused BSOD: o/,have tried this - Use Windows Driver Verifier to Know Corrupt Drivers https://windowsdot.com/how-to-check-for-corrupt-drivers-in-windows-os-2-ways/?unapproved=1772&moderation-hash=8bc1b92d363b395231574af4f8e571dd#comment-1772 result : dead looping BSOD, completely...
  4. ‘verifier‘ caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‘verifier‘ caused BSOD: o/,have tried this - Use Windows Driver Verifier to Know Corrupt Drivers https://windowsdot.com/how-to-check-for-corrupt-drivers-in-windows-os-2-ways/?unapproved=1772&moderation-hash=8bc1b92d363b395231574af4f8e571dd#comment-1772 result : dead looping BSOD, completely...
  5. BSOD after driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD after driver verifier: Can anyone tell me what driver is malfunctioning from this dump file that i´ve got after running Driver Verifier?Here is link for it on my OneDrive.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AocxsPgZbAmS7VIX3Tw9rVbbzqTf?e=FKzTCl...
  6. Multiple BSODs after using Driver Verifier

Multiple BSODs after using Driver Verifier: Hello, I've been getting BSODs from time to time (few times a month) randomly while working, so I decided to find out the problem using driver verifier. I had four BSODs so far, all of them before startup. Three I hopefully resolved (twice I uninstalled the software and one...
  7. Random BSOD's occuring (During Regular Use)

Random BSOD's occuring (During Regular Use): So, I'm gonna try explaining everything as best I can, in case it helps A few months ago, I ordered a brand new custom PC, only shipped about a month ago. Since then, I've been using it and for the most part it was working fine, a BSOD here and there but nothing too...
  8. BSOD after Driver Verifier

BSOD after Driver Verifier: Been trying to find out why my system was bogging down to a halt sometimes after I did the October Update a few days ago. Here is my original thread about the issue. Log: DESKTOP-BL497SV-(2019-02-26_20-18-10).zip 127883
  9. BSOD during regular use

BSOD during regular use: I've been getting frequent BSODs when doing normal things like browsing the web in google chrome and not when doing more intensive tasks like playing games. The errors all seemed to reference some memory issues so I ran memtest86+ for 8 passes and got no errors. I also...
  10. BSOD During regular use - ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD During regular use - ntoskrnl.exe: Hey guys! Ive tried to figure this one out but i need some help. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef (0xffffb88abdd17800, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report...