Windows 10: BSOD after Recovery

Discus and support BSOD after Recovery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I wanted to upsize my hard drive. I used Acronis True Image 16 to make a copy of my entire boot drive and then recovered it to a larger hard drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GHB, Apr 21, 2016.

1. GHB
    GHB Win User

BSOD after Recovery

I wanted to upsize my hard drive. I used Acronis True Image 16 to make a copy of my entire boot drive and then recovered it to a larger hard drive. After recovery the system booted up fine but after shutting down and rebooting from a cold start I have problems. I get an error and a BSOD stating “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (kbdclass.sys)” . I ran a Repair install of Windows 10 but that did not help. The strange thing to me is that when I recover the hard drive using the backup the first boot seems stable. It is only when I shut down the computer and reboot that I get the error. I have done this 3 times for verification. I cannot fine anything searching the internet for this problem. I am uploading the debug file suggested but also a minidump file I obtained from safe mode before restoring again. The computer does fine as long as I don't shut it down and reboot.

:)

2. macroba1 Win User

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA while upgrading to windows 10

It's clear there is a serious fault in the Windows 10 setup in this BSOD with no recovery - the ISO CD recovery fails with the same BSOD!

macroba1, Apr 21, 2016
  3. Dr.Jess Win User
    System Image Restore Drive Letters

No, I was able to boot normally after the BSOD (not from an external device), and I was then looking at the image recovery option via Settings->..Recovery..->Troubleshooter, etc. (Still, thanks for what you said: that could prove useful one day.)

Dr.Jess, Apr 21, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD after Recovery

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

This driver, WirelessKeyboardFilter, is conflicting, I think it is pretty much explaining where it is from so please update/reinstall the drivers from the company that delivers them *Smile
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm WirelessKeyboardFilter Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`47dc0000 fffff800`47dcd000 WirelessKeyboardFilter T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: WirelessKeyboardFilter.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\WirelessKeyboardFilter.sys Image name: WirelessKeyboardFilter.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Wed Mar 16 08:48:01 2016 (56E90FB1) CheckSum: 00010723 ImageSize: 0000D000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Thema:

BSOD after Recovery

1. BSOD after Recovery - Similar Threads - BSOD Recovery

2. Stuck on Recovery Mode or Bsod??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Recovery Mode or Bsod??: Im stuck on Error Code 0xc0000098 and I dont know what to do, someone please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-recovery-mode-or-bsod/d53372cf-9dd6-4f4a-8e27-4ed74d34f741
  3. Stuck on Recovery Mode or Bsod??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Recovery Mode or Bsod??: Im stuck on Error Code 0xc0000098 and I dont know what to do, someone please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-recovery-mode-or-bsod/d53372cf-9dd6-4f4a-8e27-4ed74d34f741
  4. Stuck on Recovery Mode or Bsod??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My window run just fine but the bsod struck in with all recovery option don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My window run just fine but the bsod struck in with all recovery option don't work: Hi Microsoft before I start the question my English sucks... So before this happened my windows 10 pro run just fine.... Then the next day, the bsod struck in and then as soon as I open my recovery I'm doing the startup repair and it din't work, restoring system settings also...
  6. My window run just fine but the bsod struck in with all recovery option don't work

My window run just fine but the bsod struck in with all recovery option don't work: Hi Microsoft before I start the question my English sucks... So before this happened my windows 10 pro run just fine.... Then the next day, the bsod struck in and then as soon as I open my recovery I'm doing the startup repair and it din't work, restoring system settings also...
  7. My window run just fine but the bsod struck in with all recovery option don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Asus Rog STrix G834 BSOD message when trying to enter Windows Recovery Environment WinRe mode

Asus Rog STrix G834 BSOD message when trying to enter Windows Recovery Environment WinRe mode: Hi , I own an Asus Rog Strix 18 g834 laptop. It is new about 4 months old.My problem is that every time I attempt to enter Windows Recovery Environment WinRe mode e.g. through MyAsus app, the laptop is rebooting and then, during the waiting screen, I get a BSOD error with the...
  9. Asus Rog STrix G834 BSOD message when trying to enter Windows Recovery Environment WinRe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Rog STrix G834 BSOD message when trying to enter Windows Recovery Environment WinRe mode: Hi , I own an Asus Rog Strix 18 g834 laptop. It is new about 4 months old.My problem is that every time I attempt to enter Windows Recovery Environment WinRe mode e.g. through MyAsus app, the laptop is rebooting and then, during the waiting screen, I get a BSOD error with the...
  10. PC BSOD when performing reset from recovery drive

PC BSOD when performing reset from recovery drive: Hi,Today I tried to fully reset my pc from a recovery usb, but when doing so it gives me a BSOD after 15% or so. It says ntfs.sys failed. I will provide more information once I get home, hopefully I can still access the mini dump. Good thing to know is, i am running dev beta...