Windows 10: BSOD after SSD install

Discus and support BSOD after SSD install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed a new SSD, not in raid, that was meant to run my virtual machines for school. This was a few months ago and they have been happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SlyGuy, May 29, 2019.

1. SlyGuy Win User

BSOD after SSD install

I installed a new SSD, not in raid, that was meant to run my virtual machines for school.
    This was a few months ago and they have been happening frequently. A full restore of windows was completed yesterday and I deleted everything because I am done with school, the BSOD's are still frequent.
    I am getting that the problem is with my processor after looking at the dump files.
    Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks

SlyGuy, May 29, 2019
  2. konyciua Win User

Getting all kinds of BSOD while installing Windows 10 on an empty SSD

I was receiving a BSOD every 1-4 weeks (while working on Windows 10), wasn't able to figure out the cause of it. Tested RAM, SSD, all were good and I didn't pay too much attention.

Yesterday I've received another BSOD, didn't mind it, PC restarted and I saw a Windows message of "Automatic repair", which then resulted into "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.". Left it there for another 10 or so hours - it
    was still running. Shut down the PC, took out the SSD (Samsung EVO 850, bought 6 months ago), backed up all the data, cleaned it, formatted and now trying to install windows on an empty SSD. Using a USB. These are the BSODs that I'm currently receiving when
    trying to launch a Windows installation (by the way, same BSODs were appearing earlier "when everything was fine"):

• IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    • SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
    • KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
    • NTFS FILE SYSTEM
    • MULTIPLE IRP COMPLETE REQUESTS
    • BAD POOL HEADER
    Already tried:

• reformatting the SSD
    • reformatting the USB and flashing Windows installation to it
    • tried using another USB
    • switching RAM sticks (in total there are 4 of them, 8 GB each)
    • BIOS default
    PC parts:

• Motherboard: Asus B350-PLUS
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700
    • RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR4-2400 (4x8GB)
    • SSD: Samsung 850 EVO (500 GB)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

konyciua, May 29, 2019
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD after SSD install [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, May 29, 2019
  4. cplpro Win User

BSOD after SSD install

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD after SSD install :)

cplpro, May 29, 2019
Thema:

BSOD after SSD install

1. BSOD after SSD install - Similar Threads - BSOD SSD install

2. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  3. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  4. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD after installing SSD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BSOD after installing SSD: Please tell me how do i fix thisi installed a new ssd to my laptopsince then im getting random BSODs this is the latest one ive been getting. ive tried everything the internet says and i dont know whatelse to do - <Event...
  6. BSOD after New ssd installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD after New ssd installation: Hi Guys. I have an inspiron 5578 laptop from dell. Its hdd had 448 bad sectors, so i decided to install a 2.5 inch sata ssdcrucial mx500 in its place. I've tried installing fresh os, oem image, resetting from recovery drive, but no matter how i install it, i end up getting...
  7. BSOD After installing ssd

BSOD After installing ssd: I installed a new Silicon Power 1tb NVME SSD and started getting bluescreens. I completely wiped my pc twice, removed my hdd so I know it's the ssd, Tried looking for firmware but their website has no firmware downloads because it goes to a no file found page and I am...
  8. BSODs after installing SSD

BSODs after installing SSD: I've started getting BSODs in games a few weeks after installing my first SSD. I uninstalled it and the BSODs dissapeared. I claimed warranty and everything was fine for a few weeks, but then the issues came back again. What do I do....
  9. BSODs/Hard freezes after installing SSD

BSODs/Hard freezes after installing SSD: I get a blue screen after some time in a game without the samsung firmware installed. When I have the firmware installed, the screen freezes, then the sound some itme after. I know for a facts the SSD isn't faulte becouse I've already returned it once & still can't get it...
  10. Abrupt BSOD after installing a new SSD

Abrupt BSOD after installing a new SSD: Hello, I recently installed a new SSD on my Windows 10 Pro PC and I have been getting abrupt BSODs when running a specific game. Said game is Escape From Tarkov, its a first person shooter that uses a launcher and its only online. The SSD I installed is a gen4 pci m.2 nvme,...