Windows 10: BSoD after switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and a SSD

Discus and support BSoD after switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and a SSD in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting BSoD after installing Windows 10 on a new installed SSD. Samsung Evo 840 Before I was running Windows 7 on a HDD. After getting the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MoatlHias, Dec 28, 2020.

1. MoatlHias Win User

BSoD after switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and a SSD

I keep getting BSoD after installing Windows 10 on a new installed SSD. Samsung Evo 840

Before I was running Windows 7 on a HDD.

After getting the problems, I reinstalled Windows 10 2nd time.

This time, I downloaded all drivers from Gigabyte for my Chipset, Audio, Lan, etc.

It worked for 3 days, now the Bluescreens are reoccuring.

I already did a memtest 86+, passed without Errors.

I also checked all drives with CrystalDisk without Erros.

S.M.A.R.T. is enabled.

I updated the BIOS of my Mainboard.

I also checked, if the RAM is running on the right Mhz.

System:

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H updated bios

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3400

GPU: ASUS R9 280X Direct CU II TOP / AMD Radeon HD 7970/R9 280X updated driver

SSD: Samsung Evo 840

WhoCrashed suggests: ntoskrnl.exe

I now followed this tutorial:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983

Here are my minidump files and my system info:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eGtoqrIxjs6Okc70uM6KJ-JKiJL-WZBO/view?usp=sharing

Does anyone know what i could try next?

Do you think the SSD is the problem, because it is the only thing I changed?

Although chkdsk, crystaldisk thinks it is ok?

Thank you very much in advance!

:)

MoatlHias, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 28, 2020
  4. BSoD after switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and a SSD

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

BSoD after switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and a SSD

1. BSoD after switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and a SSD - Similar Threads - BSoD switching SSD

2. Windows activation after switching SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation after switching SSD: I moved my SSD from a previous device to another device. Now I receive the error 0xC004C003.How do I activate windows ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-after-switching-ssd/16005bbe-9646-42fa-a118-71f76d4cf9a5
  3. Windows activation after switching SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation after switching SSD: I moved my SSD from a previous device to another device. Now I receive the error 0xC004C003.How do I activate windows ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-after-switching-ssd/16005bbe-9646-42fa-a118-71f76d4cf9a5
  4. Windows activation after switching SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Game stutters after switching from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game stutters after switching from Windows 7 to 10: After I switch to Windows 10 21H1 from Windows 7 and yes I did clean install the games started stuttering every few seconds!I did another clean install to older version 20H2 it still doesn't resolve. I've also tried to do this exact steps from this websites...
  6. Switching from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from 7 to 10: Hey guys, so I think that I'll have to switch to win10 soon. So I was wondering if there are any useful apps/software to install or some settings to change after installing it. I saw "Tips and Tricks" link at the side, but I would also like to know opinion of real people....
  7. Periodic BSoD after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Periodic BSoD after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Today I upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7. I did this many times without issues, but this time it's not perfect. I have periodic BSoD since the upgrade - I didn't have any before the upgrade, so I don't think it's a hardware issue. I already tried upgrading the video card...
  8. Switching from Windows 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from Windows 10 to 7: I am getting tired of using Windows 10 (Memory hog), and want to switch to Windows 7. The reason for the question is this laptop came pre-installed with Windows 8.1 and I hated it so when 10 became available I immediately installed it. I was wondering if it would even be able...
  9. Trouble switching to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble switching to Windows 10 from Windows 7.: My original PC had Windows 7 home premium. Someone in our office installed Windows 7 Ultimate. When Microsoft offered to upgrade Windows 7 machines to windows 10 my machine wouldn't take it because the Windows 7 Ultimate wasn't authentic. Now Quickbooks isn't working properly...
  10. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7: Hi guys, my name is tom and i have a little problem here after downgrading from win 10 back to win 7. All i know is that it can work on safety mode and teh bsod code os 0x0000007e. Can somebody tell me why is this happening and how to solve it? Btw laptop is Hp Pavillion g6....