Windows 10: BSOD after system reset, then stuck in boot loop, now freezes.

Discus and support BSOD after system reset, then stuck in boot loop, now freezes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 without a problem, but after a while I thought; why not do a clean install? I went ahead and tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Skyward Demise, Aug 12, 2015.

1. BSOD after system reset, then stuck in boot loop, now freezes.

Hey all,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 without a problem, but after a while I thought; why not do a clean install?
    I went ahead and tried to perform a clean install from the windows 10 settings, and chose all drives, and a quick reset.

It then started the process, after which it crashed with a BSOD telling me something went wrong and that it would restart. After that it kept restarting, sometimes with a BSOD, sometimes just freezing on the windows 10 logo. There were different BSOD errors each time it would crash, I can't remember all of them.
    Some of them were along the lines of a driver stack overrun, some were telling me system32/winload didn't exist.

I had someone knowledgeable come over to try and fix it, but to no avail. We tried a system restore from USB, but there was no difference. We tried going into the BIOS menu, sometimes it worked, sometimes it froze, and we made sure that the USB would be the first the PC would boot from. Still no difference.
    At this point the PC just froze on the windows logo, still trying to initialize the system reset I think. I unplugged the drives and plugged them into my laptop to check what was wrong, and both drives were wiped, with nothing left, no hidden files.

Only with both drives unplugged, the PC would give me something different, an error saying that there is no operating system, which is obvious, so I don't think it's the PC, but windows that is generating this problem.
    I tried booting from USB multiple times, with a system restore on it, a windows 10 installation on it, and a windows 8.1 installation on it, since that is what my PC started with.

So yeah.. PC now just freezes on startup, sometimes on the windows logo, sometimes on the screen that allows you to enter the BIOS menu.

Does anyone here have the faintest idea of what's going on?

Regards,

Bryan

:)

Skyward Demise, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Alex_066 Win User

Windows 10 crash loop

I recently installed windows 10 on a new build and had a couple of weeks with no problems. I then started getting increasingly regular BSODs, usually 0xc00000023. After it got to the point where I could only boot into recovery options, of which none worked
    and i could not boot into safe mode as the startup options screen would freeze, I reinstalled windows 10 after wiping my hard drive.

The BSODs continued to the point where i only had the option to reinstall windows 10 again and during the reinstall I got another BSOD. I am stuck in a crash loop where I get a 0xc00000023 BSOD on startup and then a 'Recovery, your pc needs to be repaired
    0xc0000001' screen after it restarts which freezes before I can choose an option. Throughout this loop my keyboard is unresponsive so I cannot access any of the various menus using f11, del etc. and so am powerless to do anything in an attempt to solve the
    issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alex_066, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Henry Goh Win User
    BSOD on WIN 10

After checking, I re-do the verifier test.

After re-boot, check verifier /querysettings and confirm test in order.

Continue to use until BSOD.

System re-start, see DELL logo then, BSOD again

Now system reports error DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED VIOLATIONS (amdkmpfd.sys).

& system go into re-start then error message, re-start again and error msg & loop.

Can't boot up into the system at all

Tried F12 - boot using thumb drive - repair options - restore - but got error msg - system can't restore to last / repair start-up - cant repair

F12 again - use command prompt - verifier /reset - system reply - no changes made, can't work. still looping

Using another lab-top to reply.

PLS HELP.

Henry Goh, Aug 12, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD after system reset, then stuck in boot loop, now freezes.

Hi Skyward Demise,

I'm very sorry for the delay, there aren't many people in this section.
    Are you still requiring help?

5. lclark2 Win User
    I am having the same problem. Do you have a fix

lclark2, Oct 9, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please create a new thread for your problem and give details about your problem as I understand you cannot boot in Windows.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD after system reset, then stuck in boot loop, now freezes.

1. BSOD after system reset, then stuck in boot loop, now freezes. - Similar Threads - BSOD system reset

2. Stuck in BSOD boot loop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in BSOD boot loop: Hey, whenever I boot up windows 10, I can't get past the windows loading screen when a blue screen pops up saying Ntfs.sys failed. I can't get past the loading screen at all, what can I do?...
  3. Stuck in BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in BSOD boot loop: Hey, whenever I boot up windows 10, I can't get past the windows loading screen when a blue screen pops up saying Ntfs.sys failed. I can't get past the loading screen at all, what can I do?...
  4. Stuck in BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I reset my laptop and now it’s stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset my laptop and now it’s stuck in a boot loop: My laptop wasn’t functioning properly so I reset it because there was nothing important as it was fairly new and I hoped to solve it as I knew what program was causing it but I couldn’t uninstall it. I reset it and everything seemed to be going fine at first and then it got...
  6. I reset my laptop and now it’s stuck in a boot loop

I reset my laptop and now it’s stuck in a boot loop: My laptop wasn’t functioning properly so I reset it because there was nothing important as it was fairly new and I hoped to solve it as I knew what program was causing it but I couldn’t uninstall it. I reset it and everything seemed to be going fine at first and then it got...
  7. Stuck in infinite boot loop after "Reset this PC" option

Stuck in infinite boot loop after "Reset this PC" option: I went into settings and pressed "reset this pc" and followed the prompts. I selected the option where it reinstalls Windows from cloud download. Everything went fine during the reset until I noticed it was in a loop:-the Lenovo logo appears-"Welcome" appears under the Lenovo...
  8. Stuck in a boot loop after a period of BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in a boot loop after a period of BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe: Hello, I'm hoping somebody can help me here.I have a Windows 10 machine which I'm no longer able to boot normally. The machine had been inactive for a few years and I want to start using it again. It immediately started BSOD in normal use and possibly since windows 10 upgrade...
  9. Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!: Hi guys, I own a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 that i bought in March 2020. Today I decided to reset my PC as it was actually freezing on me a couple times. It went through the reset process smoothly but now its just stuck in a boot loop. The Microsoft logo appears, the loading...
  10. Windows Reset interrupted and laptop is now stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Reset interrupted and laptop is now stuck in boot loop: Hi All, I have a 2011 Dell XPS L502X laptop with Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 10 from a genuine Windows 8 license I had during the initial free upgrade period. To fix some issue I was trying to Reset the PC but didn't notice the power cord wasn't connected. Laptop...