Windows 10: BSOD After update, done a clean install still getting BSOD

Discus and support BSOD After update, done a clean install still getting BSOD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the update kb4592438, and as soon I restarted my pc i got the BSOD, tried some fixes to solve it but none of them worked, so I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoséEduardo Gilsa, Jan 21, 2021.

1. BSOD After update, done a clean install still getting BSOD

I installed the update kb4592438, and as soon I restarted my pc i got the BSOD, tried some fixes to solve it but none of them worked, so I decided to install windows again. I installed it within the recover menu using the option to delete everything from the windows directory, doing a total wipe. After the installing windows screen reached 100% the computer restarted and I got a BSOD again. The error codes of the BSOD are never the same, some times is irql not less or equal, other times is kernel security check failure, and so on. Thanks in advance

:)

JoséEduardo Gilsa, Jan 21, 2021
  2. trickson Win User

7 different BSoD

First off this is what I went through once I installed them 11.1 drivers . BSOD till I had to reinstall the OS .
    It seems that some maybe missing the point here this STARTED for you after you installed the 11.1 drivers and then as it would seem you are getting them after a clean install of the old drivers . Correct ? If so have you wiped the HDD and did a clean install of the OS ?
    If not then I would do this before thinking your cards are going out .

trickson, Jan 21, 2021
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD After update, done a clean install still getting BSOD :)

cplpro, Jan 21, 2021
  4. KBD
    KBD Win User

BSOD After update, done a clean install still getting BSOD

Sapphire 4850 bsod on new install

That could be it. Just a suggestion, never do any hardware driver updates via Windows update in the future, just download the critical updates and leave it at that. When thats done then install hardware drivers that you got from the manufacturer's site.

Thema:

BSOD After update, done a clean install still getting BSOD

1. BSOD After update, done a clean install still getting BSOD - Similar Threads - BSOD update done

2. BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows and update my drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows and update my drivers: After preforming a clean install of Windows 11.I received a Blue Screen of Death with a Stop code of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL This occurred within minutes of the clean install completing and sitting at the desktop...
  3. BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows and update my drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows and update my drivers: After preforming a clean install of Windows 11.I received a Blue Screen of Death with a Stop code of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL This occurred within minutes of the clean install completing and sitting at the desktop...
  4. BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows and update my drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows and update my drivers: After preforming a clean install of Windows 11.I received a Blue Screen of Death with a Stop code of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL This occurred within minutes of the clean install completing and sitting at the desktop screen.I lost my multiple dump files after clean installand this...
  5. BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows and update my drivers

BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows and update my drivers: After preforming a clean install of Windows 11.I received a Blue Screen of Death with a Stop code of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL This occurred within minutes of the clean install completing and sitting at the desktop screen.I lost my multiple dump files after clean installand this...
  6. BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows

BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows: After preforming a clean install of Windows 11.I received a Blue Screen of Death with a Stop code of KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. This occurred within minutes of the clean install completing and sitting at the desktop screen....
  7. BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows: After preforming a clean install of Windows 11.I received a Blue Screen of Death with a Stop code of KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. This occurred within minutes of the clean install completing and sitting at the desktop screen....
  8. BSOD after clean installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after clean installation: Hello all, So i installed windows 10 on new ssd , and it stuck into BSOD loop. Kmode exception not handled is code . Updated all drivers, still getting BSOD. In Safe Mode , it runs ok. OS build 19043.928 , version 21H1 182704
  9. BSOD after clean install

BSOD after clean install: Hello, please help me out: 1. My PC was frequently rebooted after waking up from hibernate. I have disabled the hibernation, it starts rebooting from sleep. No BSOD, just reboot after 2-3 minutes of trying to wake up. 2. I have formatted my SSD and installed Win10 from...
  10. Unexpected BSOD - Clean Install of W10 - BSOD's still Reoccurring.

Unexpected BSOD - Clean Install of W10 - BSOD's still Reoccurring.: Heya, I've been experiencing BSOD's for the better part of 7-9 months. I've tried to combat these doing Driver Updates, etc.. And I've come as far as last week, completely reinstalling Windows10 from scratch several times (with BSOD's happening within several hours of a...