Windows 10: BSOD after update restart

Discus and support BSOD after update restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When my wife came to her computer yesterday she had the BSOD with Restart and Advanced Options buttons active. I've tried several restarts, and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WilliamWoodard2, Jan 14, 2021.

1. BSOD after update restart

When my wife came to her computer yesterday she had the BSOD with Restart and Advanced Options buttons active. I've tried several restarts, and a couple of restores but the restarts don't work and the restore gives me an error message. It also won't start in safe mode from the advanced options button but simply takes me back to the BSOD. I can get a command prompt. Any suggestions that don't involve a reset? I think that is what the Microsoft assistant suggested when I tried a chat.

:)

WilliamWoodard2, Jan 14, 2021
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD after update restart [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jan 14, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond BSOD after update restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

BSOD after update restart

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

BSOD after update restart

1. BSOD after update restart - Similar Threads - BSOD update restart

2. BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November: Hi, I have been having a lot of BSOD and restarts after starting up a game and/or even using google or youtube. I have tried updating all drivers and uninstalling reinstalling graphics driver, the deleting the second the Gaminput services thing, replaced my power supply and...
  3. BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November: Hi, I have been having a lot of BSOD and restarts after starting up a game and/or even using google or youtube. I have tried updating all drivers and uninstalling reinstalling graphics driver, the deleting the second the Gaminput services thing, replaced my power supply and...
  4. BSOD and then no POST after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and then no POST after restart: Hi, hoping I can pick your guys brains on a troubling problem I had occur last nightSo I was gaming and suddenly without any stuttering or any other signs of issues my computer showed a BSOD. Usually id write down the code for the error but something weird had occurred here....
  5. BSOD and then no POST after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and then no POST after restart: Hi, hoping I can pick your guys brains on a troubling problem I had occur last nightSo I was gaming and suddenly without any stuttering or any other signs of issues my computer showed a BSOD. Usually id write down the code for the error but something weird had occurred here....
  6. BSOD and then no POST after restart

7. No Restart after update !

No Restart after update !: Just updated with optional Cumulative update KB5005611 but there was no "restart" required which I found unusual. Is there a reason for this ? I have checked "View updates" and it looks like it was installed OK. I think this is the first time I have known it not to ask for a...
  8. Laptop restart After BSOD.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restart After BSOD.: After occurrence of a BSOD, My laptop showed the blue screen even before reaching the lock screen which meant that I won't be able to open my desktop screen for fixing any stuff. Any Ideas for that ? Plus it said that it will restart my laptop immediately but it shuts down...
  9. BSOD after clean restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after clean restart.: I recently updated my 3 year old bios to a month old bios and after doing that I reinstalled windows for a clean restart. I have gotten the same bsod twice in a row now looked it up but not quite sure what to do. Heres the dmp files...
  10. restart after a update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restart after a update: I had a update today and it said it needed a restart which I did-but in history it still says I need a restart, I did another search for updates to see if that would make it change, but it said all is up to date, I run the troubleshooter but all is good, so why wont it...