Windows 10: BSoD after update to Version 2004

Discus and support BSoD after update to Version 2004 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update. The error shows VIDEO TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys failed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HarshvardhanBhatia, Jun 23, 2020.

1. BSoD after update to Version 2004

I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update.

The error shows

VIDEO TDR FAILURE

atikmpag.sys failed.

Here's what i have tried so far-

1.Tried rebooting several times

2. Restore to a previous setting BSoD after update to Version 2004 [​IMG]

3. Uninstall latest updates 2004 version updates

4. Reset the PC without data erasing.

The error is stil persistent. Please help.

:)

HarshvardhanBhatia, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

Interesting. It shouldn't have been allowed to install 2004. *Confused

Brink, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Bree Win User

I presume the total absence of any tiles is your personal choice, as is removing the Search, Cortana and TaskView icons from the task bar. Seems you are a minimalist. Not my style, but I'll respect your choice.

You link definitely shows the Start, there's no doubt because on the left it includes the power button, a user icon, etc. but it doesn't show the All apps list as your 1909 screenshot does. This lack of an All apps list in your 2004 could be explained by turning off 'Show apps list in Start menu' in Personalization > Start. But that is not the case in your link, if it were there would be three icons at the top left of Start (the 3rd will show the All apps list). But yours has just the one icon, meaning that the All apps list should be displayed already. Here I show how that looks in 2004, first without the All apps list, them with.

BSoD after update to Version 2004 [​IMG]

What appear to be happening is that Search that is appearing on the Start menu on top of the All apps list. Now there is no setting provided by MS to make Search appear on Start, but there is in third-part apps such as Classic Shell or Open Shell. Do you have one of those installed?

Whatever the problem is, it is definitely this Search box (minimalist again, everything turned off except Top apps) you are seeing as a part of Start. How it got put there seems unique to your system, but it's not any setting MS offers (or would have changed in the 2004 upgrade) that has done this.

4. badrobot Win User

BSoD after update to Version 2004

No one should ever worry about any issues with the Windows update if you take this one extra step...

badrobot, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

BSoD after update to Version 2004

1. BSoD after update to Version 2004 - Similar Threads - BSoD update Version

2. Update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to version 2004: Hello, when i try update my Rig i got only 20h2 version but i dont want do download it. where is the version 2004 installation laucher? i still nothing found on it....
  3. The update version 2004

The update version 2004: Hello Up until today my system cant update to the version 2004 update. I just want to know why my system cant update and also when will it be able to as it is 7 months later since the update came out. Been updating every update since and still cant update....
  4. Update version 2004

Update version 2004: Is the Newest update really Version 2004? I want my computer up to date! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-version-2004/485f944a-8627-4e77-bf31-8061778b2bcc
  5. BSOD after W10 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after W10 2004 update?: Hi, I recently downloaded the Windows 10 2004 feature update and ever since this when I have been playing a specific game, I will randomly get BSOD with the error code irql_not_less_or_equal. I have tested my ram, hardware is pretty new and this only started happening after...
  6. Multible BSOD with windows 10 before and after updating to version 2004.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multible BSOD with windows 10 before and after updating to version 2004.: I have been having issues on and off with Windows 10 for months with my laptop,Acer Predator 15 G9-591-70XR i7-6700HQ . Link to specs below. Was not able to update Windows because of insufficient space allocated to my drive sector. Finally was able to delete and update some...
  7. No new icons after version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    No new icons after version 2004 update: Hello, everyone... I have a question related to an array of new icons recently introduced to Windows 10. Speaking frankly, I really like to see the new appearance of Windows 10's icons as I've seen in Youtube and several websites. Because of this, I then decided to update my...
  8. Updates cause BSOD and fail after updating to 2004

Updates cause BSOD and fail after updating to 2004: after updating Win 10 to build 2004, I try to run updates, then I get a BSOD. It restarts, then I try to run updates again and it keeps failing to install. I have ran through this twice and still same result. I have included a OneDrive link to my system info and the minidump...
  9. Cortana after Windows version 2004 update

in Cortana
    Cortana after Windows version 2004 update: Before updating Cortana open apps, but after updating Cortana won't open apps. Why? In the future this will be fixed or not? Because without it Cortana really useless....
  10. I've got a BSOD after upgrade to version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've got a BSOD after upgrade to version 2004: Hello, Just received a BSOD after upgrade to Windows 10 2004 version, bluescreenview shows there is some issue with directx12, attaching a screenshot. Can someone help me troubleshoot this thing? [ATTACH]...