Windows 10: BSOD after update to Windows 10 2004, directx related issue

Discus and support BSOD after update to Windows 10 2004, directx related issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I continue getting BSOD after upgrading to version 2004. The most recent dump file as well as msinfo32 file are available for analysis here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by БогданКозловский, Jun 30, 2020.

1. BSOD after update to Windows 10 2004, directx related issue

Hello,

I continue getting BSOD after upgrading to version 2004.

The most recent dump file as well as msinfo32 file are available for analysis here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atb1hDDvon4rqE8a1MZvagjlXN9f?e=0raqsf

Please help me understand what the issue is and how can I resolve it?

:)

БогданКозловский, Jun 30, 2020

2. DirectX related issues and not able to activate DirectPlay

Hi,

There are various reasons why you are getting an internal system error related to DirectX on your computer. It is possible that the current version of the DirectX installed on your computer is incompatible with your games or some log files are corrupted.
    To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Did the issue start after a system update?
    • What is the DirectX version installed on your computer. To check, you may follow the steps on this

link

In the meantime, we recommend that you change the compatibility settings on your computer by following the steps on this

link
    to make older programs compatible with Windows 10.

For Windows Update issues, please create a new thread under Windows 10 > Update and Recovery.

Loraine Mon, Jun 30, 2020
  3. how to Update DirectX in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Windows 10 will have DirectX 12 installed.

Firstly, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates.

Launch Windows Updates from Start
    > Settings > Update and Recovery
    and click Check for Updates. (Make sure you have an active Internet connection) and install all the available Windows Updates.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to try to uninstall and reinstall the Display Adapter driver and check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it and check if it fixes the issue.

Reference:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/archive/2014/10/01/directx-12-and-windows-10.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 30, 2020
  4. BSOD after update to Windows 10 2004, directx related issue

DirectX related issues and not able to activate DirectPlay

It's our pleasure to be of assistance. Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will still work on Windows 10, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. The components of the Microsoft DirectPlay are still supported
    in DirectX 9.0. You may refer to this
    link
    for more information about Microsoft DirectPlay. Based on the error messages that you receive,
    the issue could be related to corrupted Windows System Update components.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the Windows Update Components by following the steps on this

link

If the issue persists, rollback drivers on your computer to make them compatible with the older programs that you installed on your Windows 10 PC. Please note that you may need to update the drivers again in the future.

Make sure you are logged in to an administrator account your computer. Then follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then type
      Device Manager
      in the search box.
    • Hit Enter.
    • Right-click the device for which you want to roll back to ton
      he previous version of the driver, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Drivers tab.
    • Click Roll Back Driver.
    • In the Driver Package rollback dialog box, click
      Yes

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

BSOD after update to Windows 10 2004, directx related issue

1. BSOD after update to Windows 10 2004, directx related issue - Similar Threads - BSOD update 2004

2. Windows 10 update 2004 issue.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update 2004 issue.: Anybody else have this issue and have been able to fix it? Since I upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004, when I press any icon or program, and have my browser open, the program or file goes to the background and not the foreground. Any ideas? This only happens when I open an...
  3. WIndows 10 2004 update Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 2004 update Issue: I have 2 PCs, a laptop on windows 10 1903 and a surface Pro 6 on windows 10 1909. I tried updating my Surface Pro 6 to windows 10 2004. After the update I realized the hard disk had 30GB less space on it, Going from 80gb to 50gb free. Now, my Laptop had previously been backed...
  4. Facing issues related to .net framework after updating to 2004

Facing issues related to .net framework after updating to 2004: I bought a new laptop which comes with Windows 10 pre-installed. I was able to use my fingerprint earlier but after 2004 update, sometimes it doesn't work and I have to go back to type in password. Similarly I tried to install an app. Installation was interrupted with a...
  5. BSOD- Relating to error 6008 and 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD- Relating to error 6008 and 2004: I've been experiencing frequent blue screens but only when im gaming, whenever i bsod i check blue screen viewer and an assortment of ntoskrnl.exe, hal.dll,win32kbase.sys,FLTMGR.SYS, in event viewer, applications there is always an event 2004 in applications and in system, a...
  6. Issue after Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

Issue after Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004: On 06/12/2020 My Laptop get updated with Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. After the updation I’m finding few issue in my laptop. They are listed as: The up arrow key is not working. Pressing Caps lock key activate hot key. Once Caps lock key pressed 4444...
  7. Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update

Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update: I’m pretty sure there are many posts related to the havoc the latest update Windows pushed out, but can’t seem to find any related to the few issues I am having. To note, Windows Updates auto pushed the May 2020 update to my PC. I have an Apple Time Capsule which I use to be...
  8. BSoD after update to Version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD after update to Version 2004: I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update. The error shows VIDEO TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys failed. Here's what i have tried so far- 1.Tried rebooting several times 2. Restore to a previous setting [IMG] 3. Uninstall...
  9. OneDrive issues after update to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive issues after update to Windows 10 2004: Hi! I am using windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I updated my PC to Build 2004. When I restarted it, there was an error by onedrive showing Files On-Demand error. I Tried again but it remained the same. I clicked on download and when I downloaded the files, it showed error...
  10. DirectX Issues related to Steam

DirectX Issues related to Steam: Hello, I haven't been able to run any games on Steam lately. When Steam shows the 'Performing first time setup...' prompt, it fails to install DirectX on all games. Assetto Corsa Competizione gets a 'The following component(s) are required to run this program: DirectX...