Windows 10: Bsod after upgrade to WIN 10 Pro

Discus and support Bsod after upgrade to WIN 10 Pro in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone this is my first post and I hope someone can help. Okay so I purchased a win 10 pro key online because I wanted bitlocker and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shawn909, Oct 20, 2019.

1. shawn909 Win User

Bsod after upgrade to WIN 10 Pro

Hello everyone this is my first post and I hope someone can help. Okay so I purchased a win 10 pro key online because I wanted bitlocker and other things. So I upgraded from windows 10 home to pro.

After that I started getting BSOD saying critical process died which I never got before upgrading to win 10 pro.

I've tried all the SFC/scannow file checker and DISM commands however I still get these BSOD's always about a critical process that died.

I've checked my SSD drive and it seems fine does anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this. I would be happy to upload/post and error files or log files that u may need to assist and ultimately help myself

Thank you all for your time and consideration

:)

shawn909, Oct 20, 2019

2. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, Oct 20, 2019
  3. n2bn2b Win User
    Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Bsod after upgrade to WIN 10 Pro

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Bsod after upgrade to WIN 10 Pro

1. Bsod after upgrade to WIN 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Bsod upgrade Pro

2. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  3. Win 10 Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro upgrade: I searched and there are some sites that sell new keys for less than $99. Looking for information on if any are legit. Thanks Ken 138852
  4. No Camera After Upgrading To Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Camera After Upgrading To Win 10 Pro: This is an "ever since" story. Ever since I updated to Windows 10 Pro... I have tried 3 different webcams 2 - Logitech HD Pro C920 webcams 1 - Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 and all of them either give me a black screen or my machine doesn't recognize them. So far, I've done...
  5. Win 10 not upgrading to Pro after reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 not upgrading to Pro after reinstall: Hi all, I had to reinstall my OS after a hard disk crash, I re-installed by downloading again the original setup from Dell. That's all working. The problem is I had upgraded my OS from Home to Pro before the crash, but my PC has not upgraded itself to the Pro version...
  6. Win 10 Pro upgrade

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win 10 Pro upgrade: Just purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and after upgrade it was still V1709 why do you not get the new V1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-upgrade/1064d221-243c-4c67-9892-98f498a82087"
  7. BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10: I have a pc I built myself that's been running on windows 7 without any issues whatsoever. I've left this pc on for a week at a time without a bluescreen or even shutdowns. Ever since I've upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting store exception errors every day or two....
  8. Win 10 Pro upgrade

Win 10 Pro upgrade: Trying to upgrade my win 8 pro to win 10 pro. Get message that win 10 installed failed. I'm running a Z97S SLI Krait Edition motherboard with dual monitors and a 3 TB HDD. Here is part of the log file: 2018-10-31 15:06:00, Warning MOUPG...
  9. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  10. Win 10 upgrade to Win 10 pro.

Win 10 upgrade to Win 10 pro.: How can i upgrade from win 10 to win 10 pro? How much will it cost? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/win-10-upgrade-to-win-10-pro/a9582518-7671-426f-8904-7f0da791eb6d