Windows 10: BSOD after upgrading RAM and SSD

Discus and support BSOD after upgrading RAM and SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I upgraded my RAM from 32gb to 96gb and installed a new 2T SSD on my Dell computer. However afterwards, I get BSOD. I am getting multiple error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lenora Ned, May 20, 2020 at 3:42 PM.

1. BSOD after upgrading RAM and SSD

I upgraded my RAM from 32gb to 96gb and installed a new 2T SSD on my Dell computer. However afterwards, I get BSOD. I am getting multiple error messages and codes, all of them are BSOD. What is the solution?

:)

2. konyciua Win User

Getting all kinds of BSOD while installing Windows 10 on an empty SSD

I was receiving a BSOD every 1-4 weeks (while working on Windows 10), wasn't able to figure out the cause of it. Tested RAM, SSD, all were good and I didn't pay too much attention.

Yesterday I've received another BSOD, didn't mind it, PC restarted and I saw a Windows message of "Automatic repair", which then resulted into "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.". Left it there for another 10 or so hours - it
    was still running. Shut down the PC, took out the SSD (Samsung EVO 850, bought 6 months ago), backed up all the data, cleaned it, formatted and now trying to install windows on an empty SSD. Using a USB. These are the BSODs that I'm currently receiving when
    trying to launch a Windows installation (by the way, same BSODs were appearing earlier "when everything was fine"):

• IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    • SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
    • KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
    • NTFS FILE SYSTEM
    • MULTIPLE IRP COMPLETE REQUESTS
    • BAD POOL HEADER
    Already tried:

• reformatting the SSD
    • reformatting the USB and flashing Windows installation to it
    • tried using another USB
    • switching RAM sticks (in total there are 4 of them, 8 GB each)
    • BIOS default
    PC parts:

• Motherboard: Asus B350-PLUS
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700
    • RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR4-2400 (4x8GB)
    • SSD: Samsung 850 EVO (500 GB)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3. BSOD after RAM upgrade

Tried all of these and nothing worked. Still got random BSOD. I also noticed I was unable to left click the start button now. I read a few posts on that and tried suggestions with no luck.

I installed this RAM not realizing there were a lot of updates that installed upon reboot. Is there anything could have damaged as a result of not updating before installing new RAM?

4. AmarPrat Win User

BSOD after upgrading RAM and SSD

Frequent BSOD after upgrading RAM and SSD. (Thread stuck in device driver)

HI All,

I am getting frequent BSOD after I upgraded RAM and SSD on my Laptop.

1. Here is the message from system log viewer

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ea (0xffffa70b5e72d700, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: b2d04a79-5671-4a79-b9de-d982015ce3e6.

2. Link to Memory dump file

Shared items 9-11-2017

3. Link to Minidump log file

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApT8U281cqSzjT-apcjh_YkO1bny

4. HP UEFI Memory test failed for RAM module I added while upgrade. However this RAM matches in specifications to ram installed, and there is no mismatch there.

5. In Memory Dump I could see graphics driver fault being referred to.

6. This continues even after clean windows install and latest drivers and updates.

Please help

Thanks

Amar

Thema:

BSOD after upgrading RAM and SSD

1. BSOD after upgrading RAM and SSD - Similar Threads - BSOD upgrading RAM

2. BSOD after RAM an SSD upgrade Dell Precision 7740 Mobile Workstation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after RAM an SSD upgrade Dell Precision 7740 Mobile Workstation: Hello I did upgrade the ram from 32gb to 96gb by adding 2x32GB Crucial DDR4-2666 in the back, did not touch the rams under the keyboard https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07ZLCC6J8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and 2TB Sabrent NVMe 2280 SSD....
  3. SSD or RAM upgrade for 100 disk usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD or RAM upgrade for 100 disk usage.: Hello there. So I have done pretty much all I can to help fix my disk usage. Disabling superfetch and windows search. And looked at tons of videos on the matter. I think it might be time to just upgrade the parts on my comp now. I was wondering what would help with the disk...
  4. Blue screens after Ram upgrade

Blue screens after Ram upgrade: Hi, I got new Ram to Christmas and i wanted to install it wich I did. But now if I am using the Pc Blue screens are coming realy often here are some of them: Kmode exception not handelt, driver_verifier_detected_violation, Irql not equal or less, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,...
  5. Computer Lag after RAM Upgrade

Computer Lag after RAM Upgrade: Hi. I recently upgraded my ram from 2gb to 5gb and suddenly windows, games and programs lag. They are the same clockspeed and same brand and my motherboard supports it. Pls tell me if there is a fix. My Specs are: Packard Bell imedia S1800 PC Ram: 5.0 GB (4.86 Usable)...
  6. Problems after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems after RAM upgrade: Upgraded to 20GB (8 + 8 + 4). CrucialScan says they are the correct RAM modules. (All 3 are Crucial.) Since the upgrade non-trivial apps (Sketchup, Blender, Sweet Home 3D) keep going Not Responding when doing any sort of major task. Perfmon shows 35% CPU usage and 40% RAM...
  7. BSOD after SSD install

BSOD after SSD install: I installed a new SSD, not in raid, that was meant to run my virtual machines for school. This was a few months ago and they have been happening frequently. A full restore of windows was completed yesterday and I deleted everything because I am done with school, the BSOD's...
  8. Many different BSODs after RAM upgrade

Many different BSODs after RAM upgrade: Hi, I have a GL 702ZC laptop which comes with 16 GB of DDR4 2400mhz Samsung PC4-19200. I decided to install another 16 GB of RAM: the Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 listed as compatible with the notebook as You can see here: RAM SSD Upgrades | ASUS ROG Strix GL702ZC |...
  9. RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Upgrade: I have an XPS 8930 I bought directly from Dell., Windows 10 Pro x64-based system with 64GB of RAM. i7-8700K@3.70GHz 3696Mhz. I would like to add addtional RAM According to Dell this computer is maxed out and will not support any additional RAM. Is this true? Can anyone...
  10. BSOD after I've added RAM

BSOD after I've added RAM: I've gone through memory testing, nothing found. In following troubleshooting guidelines here, I've gotten to the step of uploading my DMP files to OneDrive, and they are linked here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiEl75rCfH_cgadXjXpKXBXfInahTw Please assist me in analyzing the...