Windows 10: BSOD After Using A Restore Point

Discus and support BSOD After Using A Restore Point in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have a ASUS X550IK, I bought it 1.5 year ago and I haven't cleaned it since. Today, I used a restore point and after it was done, it restarted and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Verilly, May 22, 2020.

1. Verilly Win User

BSOD After Using A Restore Point

So I have a ASUS X550IK, I bought it 1.5 year ago and I haven't cleaned it since. Today, I used a restore point and after it was done, it restarted and boot me into a select account section but it doesn't show my account even though my account is signed in as administrator. So I have choose the "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" and the only button I can choose is restart so I clicked it. Around a minuter later, this screen pops up:

https://imgur.com/wM1PSAH

Can someone help me with this? Thanks

:)

Verilly, May 22, 2020
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CBSOD After Using A Restore Point :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CBSOD After Using A Restore Point :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, May 22, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, BSOD After Using A Restore Point :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, May 22, 2020
  4. BSOD After Using A Restore Point

creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, May 22, 2020
Thema:

BSOD After Using A Restore Point

1. BSOD After Using A Restore Point - Similar Threads - BSOD Using Restore

2. Restore point restoration after reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore point restoration after reset?: I was planning on resetting my laptop as the files are so messy and everything is just a mess. I'm worried that if I do reset my laptop I might have an important file that I missed, so after I make a restore point with the Restore Point application, reset my laptop, and need...
  3. Restore point restoration after reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore point restoration after reset?: I was planning on resetting my laptop as the files are so messy and everything is just a mess. I'm worried that if I do reset my laptop I might have an important file that I missed, so after I make a restore point with the Restore Point application, reset my laptop, and need...
  4. creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point: I recently had to restore my computer from a previous restore point. That went well but i have attempted to create a new restore point and i get the following message. 0x800423f4 the writer experienced a non-transient error. I looked for some help but not sure about answer....
  5. creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point: I recently had to restore my computer from a previous restore point. That went well but i have attempted to create a new restore point and i get the following message. 0x800423f4 the writer experienced a non-transient error. I looked for some help but not sure about answer....
  6. Computer BSOD on returning to a restore point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSOD on returning to a restore point: Hello I recently did a system restore from the recovery environment and everything broke. I cant even run a SFC /scannow or click reset this PC. I have another recovery thumb drive that has a live OS of that helps, so I have file access. The errors code im getting is critical...
  7. small amount used by restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    small amount used by restore points: 2004 [img] 162698
  8. Restore System using restore point

Restore System using restore point: Hello, Had to use a recent restore point. Started the restore, made a list what will be affected, and it started. After waiting about 25 minutes I got an error notice that restore was not succesful because of anti virus (?). The only antivirus on my system is windows...
  9. Using Restore Points

Using Restore Points: found this: v [img] Still confused about restore point. Found this, says it's off. Shouldn't I click 'configure' to set this up to be able to set some 'restore points' now and then? If things got cranky, fix it up easily "...by reverting your computer to a previous restore...
  10. Using Restore Points

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Restore Points: found this: v [img] Still confused about restore point. Found this, says it's off. Shouldn't I click 'configure' to set this up to be able to set some 'restore points' now and then? If things got cranky, fix it up easily "...by reverting your computer to a previous restore...