Windows 10: BSOD after Wakeup from Standby (DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE)

Discus and support BSOD after Wakeup from Standby (DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a Problem regarding my Lenovo T540p. If i put in on Standby and Wake it up , i get a Bluescreen immediately. The Error Code is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Slater, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Slater Win User

BSOD after Wakeup from Standby (DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE)

Hello all,

I have a Problem regarding my Lenovo T540p. If i put in on Standby and Wake it up , i get a Bluescreen immediately. The Error Code is DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE. Bluescreenviewer tells me, that the Graphics Drivers are causing the Crash. (nvlddmkm.sys and dxgkrnl.sys). I have cleaned the Graphics Driver with Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstalled the Optimus Drivers from the Official Lenovo Support Page, but i still get the Bluescreen Errors. I also reinstalled Windows on it. Everything else is working fine on the System. I`m running Windows 1909.

I also checked the RAM with Memtest, Harddisk etc. and Ran Lenovo Diagonstics. No Error.

Could this be a Hardware Issue? I have another Lenovo T540p without the Graphics Card and this one is working fine.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

:)

Slater, Jun 7, 2020
  2. CDdude55 Win User

Resume from standby and i get BSODs.

Heres the info in it:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 4e
    BCP1: 0000000000000099
    BCP2: 000000000006730A
    BCP3: 0000000000000002
    BCP4: 0000000000067307
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\010310-16972-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Philip\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-24133-0.sysd

I get BSOD's alot of the time when my computer resumes from standby, but sometimes its something different, like the last time it i resumed from standby and got a BSOD it was a "Memory Management" BSOD. But this one was a "PFN list Corrupt" BSOD. I did use the Windows RAM tester, but it showed no errors. BUT, the second time i did the test, it froze up in the middle of testing and i had to restart my system.(by shutting it off through the PSU switch)

My system runs stable in games and everything tho.

CDdude55, Jun 7, 2020
  3. BostjanVi Win User
    How to avoid password query on wakeup

Hello,

I noticed that several people asked similar questions but I don't have the feeling that my situation is the same.

My problem occurs on a computer that was clean installed with the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10 (I resorted to

that after the DATA MIGRATION step of the update failed). In the previous version of Windows 10 the Control Panel

item Power Options opened a panel with certain options listed on the left, the first of which was "Require a password

on wakeup". This option is apparently missing in my version of Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. Can someone help me

turn of password query on wakeup?

Regards,

BostjanVi, Jun 7, 2020
  4. EdKiefer Win User

Releasing Standby memory

This is the first I have heard of any issues with Standby list memory causing issues outside of games.
    I know there were a lot of reports around 1809 of games having issues where the standby list didn't release memory and games would stutter. There are a few programs that can clear up this issue. I have used both and they do work but I only used it for games, never noticed any issues in windows applications.
    ISLC (Intelligent standby list cleaner) by Wagnarsoft and Processlasso by Bitsum can clear the standby list automatically.

EdKiefer, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD after Wakeup from Standby (DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE) - Similar Threads - BSOD Wakeup Standby

2. BSOD on Wakeup from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on Wakeup from Sleep: Hi I've had this problem for a few months. I've tried to fix it myself to no avail. I'd appreciate any help in fixing the problem.This problem started when I upgraded my storage on my desktop. I had to create a system image in order to copy it to the new NVM.e SSD device....
  3. BSOD on Wakeup from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on Wakeup from Sleep: Hi I've had this problem for a few months. I've tried to fix it myself to no avail. I'd appreciate any help in fixing the problem.This problem started when I upgraded my storage on my desktop. I had to create a system image in order to copy it to the new NVM.e SSD device....
  4. BSOD after wakeup from sleep, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after wakeup from sleep, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116: HiKeep on getting BSOD 1-5 minutes after I start to use the computer in the mornings, also happens if I take a long break some hours and continue to work.Have tried many different things like reinstalling the graphic drivers, but so far I haven't managed to solve the...
  5. BSOD after wakeup from sleep, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after wakeup from sleep, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116: HiKeep on getting BSOD 1-5 minutes after I start to use the computer in the mornings, also happens if I take a long break some hours and continue to work.Have tried many different things like reinstalling the graphic drivers, but so far I haven't managed to solve the...
  6. BSOD after wakeup from sleep, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD - unexpected_store_exception after sleep wakeup or hybernate wakeup

BSOD - unexpected_store_exception after sleep wakeup or hybernate wakeup: I build new PC, and since beginning I'm getting randomly BSOD, when I wake up PC from sleep or hybernation. I run the chkdsk and also memtest, they both passed. Thx for help. The BSOD says: unexpected_store_exception the minidump is debugged below. Microsoft R Windows...
  8. Fingerprint and PIN not working after a few standby/wakeup cycles

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint and PIN not working after a few standby/wakeup cycles: Logging in by fingerprint or PIN stops working after the system went to standby and back a few times. I can then reboot the system to make it work again. It seems not to be a hardware issue to me. Thanks in advance for your help!...
  9. BSOD video_dxgkrnl and driver_powerstate_failure issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD video_dxgkrnl and driver_powerstate_failure issues: Hi Team, I am facing bsod issues.Initially when the frequency of restarting was more,I reset the system and everything was working fine but now it started again with less frequency.Can you please check....
  10. BSOD after standby

BSOD after standby: Hi everyone, I'm having problems with my DELL M4500 which presents me with a nice BSOD every time it comes back from standby. This is a Windows 10 64bit system. The BSOD typicall says CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (although I've already seen the odd MEMORY_MANAGEMENT as well), and...