Windows 10: BSOD after waking PC from sleep / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Discus and support BSOD after waking PC from sleep / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello guys.... I just upgraded to Windows 10 and one problem that has been bugging me is that everytime I wake the computer from sleep it comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by void01, Aug 4, 2015.

1. void01 Win User

BSOD after waking PC from sleep / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hello guys....

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and one problem that has been bugging me is that everytime I wake the computer from sleep it comes back up and then after a few seconds (like 3-4) I'm getting a BSOD with the message WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

Any ideas?

Attachment 28535

Thanks

:)

void01, Aug 4, 2015
  2. void01 Win User

Just wanted to report in case anyone runs into the same problem that after a clean reinstall of Windows 10 the problem got fixed

void01, Aug 4, 2015
  3. BSOD after waking PC from sleep / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

As per your issue description, there is no thermal or RAM issue. This issue may happen due to corruption of system file while upgrading Windows.
    I suggest you to sun SFC scan and check if there is any system file corruption.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealt
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

You're encountering 0x124s, these are usually harwdare errors as appears the case here.
    Code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception Arg2: ffffe001fd1ea028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure. Arg3: 00000000b2000040, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value. Arg4: 0000000000000800, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value. Descriptor @ ffffe001fd1ea138 Section @ ffffe001fd1ea2c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : BUSL0_SRC_ERR_M_NOTIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 3 Bank 0) Status : 0xb200004000000800[/quote]
    The highlighted error in the code above (BUSL0_SRC_ERR_M_NOTIMEOUT_ERR) means the processor sent out a read request to L0 cache, and there was a delay in return (either a cache miss, or invalid data in cache). It appears in every dump, same error, same Proc 3 Bank 0.

First off can you check your temperature of your CPU with any suitable monitoring software (let me know if you need one recommending, Speccy in my sig will work fine) and let me know the temperature.

Secondly, and one possible cause of the issue, is your BIOS version. It's very old and an updated version may solve the issue. Check your motherboard vendor's support page for an updated version. Also can you fill in your system specs as completely as possible by followin the relevant link in my signature.

Code: BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 1203 , 25-Jun-08[/quote]

Boozad, Aug 4, 2015
  5. void01 Win User
    Thanks for your reply Boozad. My cpu temp is kinda high, 50c @ idle but that's because I had to disable Processor Idle (GUID: 5d76a2ca-e8c0-402f-a133-2158492d58ad) to get rid of the cpu whine that I get with that mobo/cpu combination. And btw I've tested it by switching to the default Balanced Power Plan, it has nothing to do with my problem.

As for the BIOS yeah it's pretty old as is the motherboard but it's the latest so nothing I can update there.

void01, Aug 4, 2015
  6. void01 Win User
    Any ideas?

All the information I could get by searching on google about the problem are leaning towards cpu problems something I highly doubt since it was fine w/ Win 7 and it started since day 1 I upgraded to Win 10. Anyway I tried testing with the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and it passed.

void01, Aug 6, 2015
  7. void01 Win User
    Just wanted to report in case anyone runs into the same problem that after a clean reinstall of Windows 10 the problem got fixed

void01, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after waking PC from sleep / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Similar Threads - BSOD waking sleep

2. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  3. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  4. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.: I've had this issue that whenever I open up my PCfrom sleep mode usually after a minute or two I'd have a BSOD with the code: PFN_LIST-CORRUPT. I've tried updating all my drivers and my BIOS too but this issue still occurs. Any fixes?Here's the minidump file for...
  6. BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.

BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.: I've had this issue that whenever I open up my PCfrom sleep mode usually after a minute or two I'd have a BSOD with the code: PFN_LIST-CORRUPT. I've tried updating all my drivers and my BIOS too but this issue still occurs. Any fixes?Here's the minidump file for...
  7. BSOD due to netadaptercx.sys after waking the PC from Sleep

BSOD due to netadaptercx.sys after waking the PC from Sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  8. BSOD after wake from sleep

BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  9. BSOD after pc wakes up from sleep

BSOD after pc wakes up from sleep: For the past few weeks I have been getting bsod when ever put my pc to sleep and after a few seconds or minutes I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bsod. I updated windows and all the drivers on my pc and but am still getting bsod. One thing to note is I have malwarebytes...
  10. BSOD after waking from sleep

BSOD after waking from sleep: Hey guys, i am stumped on this one, every time i have put my computer to sleep after waking it it will show my pin to type in but it freezes there and the bsod after about 5secs, i have done a memtest and that passed, but yeah no idea. hopefully someone can help. 25091

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whea sleep mode win 10

2. whea uncorrectable error sleep