Windows 10: BSOD after waking up from sleep , caused by ASUS Essence STX II Audio

Discus and support BSOD after waking up from sleep , caused by ASUS Essence STX II Audio in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I know the cause already, I've installed a new sound card on top of that used by the one built in on the motherboard. This program is the cause:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Max Pen, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Max Pen Win User

BSOD after waking up from sleep , caused by ASUS Essence STX II Audio

I know the cause already, I've installed a new sound card on top of that used by the one built in on the motherboard.

This program is the cause: (which I've installed through the provided CD that came with the package.)
    Screenshot - 2aa8b77c10d3b3806c693f027b520bbe - Gyazo

My question is can I just remove it and will my headphone function normally? Or is there an updated version out there that will work properly not causing a BSOD?

TERRA-PC-23_12_2017_154408_44.zip

:)

Max Pen, Dec 22, 2017
  2. bigcid100 Win User

My sound card 7.1 setting revert to 2.0 every reboot

My sound card's 7.1 setting revert to 2.0 every reboot

I tried changing sound cards

asus essence stx II 7.1

realtek al1220 7.1,5.1

if I shut down it will stick ,but every restart it reverts to 2.0(stereo)

windows 10 1709

gigabyte aorus gaming 7

intel i7-7820

asus essence stx II 7.1

realtek alc1220 7.1,5.1

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Settings]

bigcid100, Dec 22, 2017
  3. bigcid100 Win User
    My sound card 7.1 setting revert to 2.0 every reboot

Yea,I know

It also doesn't matter what kind of sound card you have ,as I also have a Asus essence stx II 7.1

and It does the same thing .

I have a 3rd tier guy from Microsoft support working with me on this problem ,when I get results

I will post them

bigcid100, Dec 22, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

The best option in these circumstances is to completely remove the software and delete the drivers that you loaded from the CD (use Programs & Apps to uninstall and double check by ticking the check box to remove the software when you uninstall the driver from Device Manager) and then see if Windows Update can find a driver for you automatically. There is more chance of Windows Update finding a compatible driver since it will have been checked by MS.

philc43, Dec 22, 2017
  5. Max Pen Win User
    I did and no win update available took me a few hours to fix getting it work again... so the issue is still around.

Max Pen, Dec 22, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Does your headphone work with the built in sound system on the Motherboard?

philc43, Dec 22, 2017
  7. Max Pen Win User
    Yea it does. The reason I got a new sound card is because the port got damaged by the cord being pulled out when someone walked by and took it with him... Its an ultrasone pro 550 headphone.

Max Pen, Dec 22, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

Thanks for the explanation, I had hoped Windows might have been able to find a generic sound card driver that would work with your new sound card but apparently there are none. Please update your My Computer section, it still shows you as using Win7.

Sometimes the motherboard has another connection for a front audio panel that might allow you to attach the headphones via another port. You need to provide more details of your motherboard and system so we can advise.

With regard to the BSOD there is also another driver also causing problems: Avnex Ltd. Virtual Audio Device vcsvad.sys

Code: Unable to load image vcsvad.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vcsvad.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vcsvad.sys[/quote] Do you also use other audio connections that use the Avnex Ltd device?

One other thing I noticed - you are using AVAST software as your anti-virus. If you continue to get BSOD events after sorting out the sound I would suggest you completely uninstall AVAST. There was evidence of this driver causing problems too:

Code: ffffb18e`bbff7778 fffff806`ca8039a1Unable to load image aswSnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys aswSnx+0x39a1[/quote]

philc43, Dec 22, 2017
  9. lifetec Win User
    Did you check if the driverversion from your CD is the same as the latest avaliable version from the website?

lifetec, Dec 22, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    What is the make and model number of the new sound card you installed?

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after waking up from sleep , caused by ASUS Essence STX II Audio - Similar Threads - BSOD waking sleep

2. Occassionally after wake up from sleep -> BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occassionally after wake up from sleep -> BSOD: Occassionally after wake up from sleep or from hibernated state -> BSOD happens. I have up to date all drivers, up to date BIOS, up to date operating system Windows 10 21H2.I have disabled Fast startup.BSOD happens not every wake up, but about 6th wake up PC.BSOD NEWER...
  3. Occassionally after wake up from sleep -> BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occassionally after wake up from sleep -> BSOD: Occassionally after wake up from sleep or from hibernated state -> BSOD happens. I have up to date all drivers, up to date BIOS, up to date operating system Windows 10 21H2.I have disabled Fast startup.BSOD happens not every wake up, but about 6th wake up PC.BSOD NEWER...
  4. Occassionally after wake up from sleep -> BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD right after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD right after waking up from sleep.: There was another thread here, but when I tried what was written there, nothing worked. This has been happening for a couple of weeks now. At first, it happened randomly, but now after every times my PC wakes up from sleep, it crashes. Usually it happens right after waking...
  6. Computer BSODS after waking up from sleep

Computer BSODS after waking up from sleep: After fixing my old problem of a driver state power failure, I've been getting BSOD's after waking my computer up from sleep. The BSOD screen is too pixelated to read and I dont know exactly what could be wrong. I have the DMP file from today. To fix this BSOD I've just...
  7. ASUS STX ESSENCE II driver won't install after Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS STX ESSENCE II driver won't install after Windows reinstall: Hey I'm having issues reinstalling the driver for my ASUS STX ESSENCE II sound card, the card worked fine until i reinstalled windows. The card shows up as "multimedia audio controller" which isn't what it used to show up as, and I can't figure out why the driver won't...
  8. BSOD after pc wakes up from sleep

BSOD after pc wakes up from sleep: For the past few weeks I have been getting bsod when ever put my pc to sleep and after a few seconds or minutes I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bsod. I updated windows and all the drivers on my pc and but am still getting bsod. One thing to note is I have malwarebytes...
  9. BSOD Error After Waking Up from Sleep

BSOD Error After Waking Up from Sleep: I put my PC to sleep and when I wake it up, I'm getting no display on my monitors although the PC itself wakes up. I reboot the computer and encounter a BSOD "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)" I recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Nvidia drivers have been...
  10. BSOD on wake up from sleep

BSOD on wake up from sleep: After a recent update, On wake up I am told that "attempted to write to read only memory" I have looked at the debug file and it says that a driver is at fault. How do I identify it and how do I replace it and from where? 87589

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod stx ii

2. stx ii crash