Windows 10: BSOD After Windows 10 Install

Discus and support BSOD After Windows 10 Install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello... I recently did a clean install of Windows 10. I've gotten a couple of BSOD occurrences. The most recent was a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LarryB, Jul 7, 2016.

1. LarryB Win User

BSOD After Windows 10 Install

Hello... I recently did a clean install of Windows 10.

I've gotten a couple of BSOD occurrences.

The most recent was a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The previous one was different, but I don't recall the error message.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you...

:)

LarryB, Jul 7, 2016

2. Anniversary update BSOD Error-System Thread Exception Not Handled (Nvlddmkm.sys)

Original Title : Windows 10 1607 BSOD

Hello everyone,

After installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update my computer started to get BSOD (System Thread Exception Not Handled) (Nvlddmkm.sys), ONLY, when installing updates from WU and when booting in safe mode.

Francesco Miracolo, Jul 7, 2016
  3. Windows 10 BSOD right after installation

Hello, recently after fresh install of my Windows 10, I get BSOD error. I have attached a link containing dmp files as well as system information file below.

Minidump items 8-13-2016 (1)

I started to the BSOD problem after I switched my two hard drives into a new desktop. I thought it was a driver problem, so I upgraded all drivers, but the BSOD continued to exist. After that, I formatted my main hard drive(one that has Windows 10 on it(the
    other one has Ubuntu 16.04 on it)), and installed Windows 10 again. The problem still exists after I upgraded my BIOS version. Now I don't know what to do next. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Yongli Chen, Jul 7, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The dump indicates memory_corruption which may be defective RAM or a driver passing bad data.

You have a ATI Radeon HD 3450 whos driver is dated 1/13/2015 12:00:00 AM. There is no Windows 10 driver for this card.

Code: The following is a list of graphics products that do not support Windows® 10:
    • ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics
    • ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics
    • ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics
    • ATI Radeon™ X1### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X1### Series Graphics
    • ATI Radeon™ X### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X### Series Graphics
    • ATI Radeon™ 9000 Series Graphics
    • ATI Radeon™ 8500 Graphics
    • ATI Radeon™ 7500 Graphics
    • ATI Radeon™ DDR Graphics
    • ATI Radeon™ 7000 Graphics
    • ATI Radeon™ 7000VE Graphics
    • ATI Radeon™ 7000LE Graphics
    [/quote]

Try testing your RAM, see if that is the problem:

RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

BSOD After Windows 10 Install [​IMG]
    Information

MemTest86+
    is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning
    MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note
    MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Ztruker, Jul 8, 2016
  5. LarryB Win User
    Thanks Rich...

Here's a photo of the findings.

LarryB, Jul 10, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Well, that's definitely a defetive memory module (DIMM) for sure.

See the Results & Extended Testing section of the tutorial for info on how to determine what is defective.
    I would remove half the memory then run memtest86+ again. If it fails the DIMM that is still installed is defective. If not, swap the memory and run again.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD After Windows 10 Install - Similar Threads - BSOD Install

2. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  3. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  4. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows: I am having BSOD errors on my Dell Alienware M17 R5 laptop, i am installing manufacturers drivers but i think its driver related. I am adding my minidump files. Minidump.zip I tried using driver checker and i got BSOD errors hypervisor_error, pfn list corrupt and after trying...
  6. BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows

BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows: I am having BSOD errors on my Dell Alienware M17 R5 laptop, i am installing manufacturers drivers but i think its driver related. I am adding my minidump files. Minidump.zip I tried using driver checker and i got BSOD errors hypervisor_error, pfn list corrupt and after trying...
  7. Windows gets a BSOD after installing boot camp drivers INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows gets a BSOD after installing boot camp drivers INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE: I was trying to run windows 10 on my MacBook Air from an external drive using this tutorial: https://youtu.be/3IhW722IMwE?si=Rz5pWv8RaInwgPOgWith a few adjustments for my MacBook Air, I had managed to install windows and boot it up, but once I installed the boot camp drivers...
  8. After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD: This is my bug check code 0x1010x8, 0x0, 0xFFFFAA81A9D40180, 0x4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-fresh-install-of-windows-11-i-still-get-bsod/6fb22eec-31a6-465a-a8a7-244fdb872962
  9. After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD

After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD: This is my bug check code 0x1010x8, 0x0, 0xFFFFAA81A9D40180, 0x4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-fresh-install-of-windows-11-i-still-get-bsod/6fb22eec-31a6-465a-a8a7-244fdb872962
  10. Frequent ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD error after installing new Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD error after installing new Ram: I'm using a TUF Dash F15 - FX516PM laptop.My initial specs are hereby,1. i5 - 11300H2. 8GB DDR4 3200MHZ3. RTX 3060 Laptop GpuI've installed a new Ram last week. Crucial 8GB DDR4 3200MHZ. And since then I've been getting frequent BSOD errors. I have BlueScreenView installed on...