Windows 10: BSOD After Windows Update

Discus and support BSOD After Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have opened a question but there doesn't seem to be away to find/open previous post so im making a new one. This bue screen happened after windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wyatt_15, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Wyatt_15 Win User

BSOD After Windows Update

I have opened a question but there doesn't seem to be away to find/open previous post so im making a new one.

This bue screen happened after windows update, i have removed the updates but now the BSOD instead of showing TCPIP.sys it now shows NTFS.sys as the failure. It always happens on wake up

Any help would be appreciate, here is the dump file if that can help

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhgPNLbsb88TuUEy22fY3ehQzgtj?e=tpR7Kb

I have tried SFc scan, DISM restore health online,

updating nic drivers as well as disable intel nic adapters since its not being used

updated nvidia graphics card

updated chipset

removed most usb other than mouse and keyboard,

change power settings to high performance

I didn't update Bios as i am apprehensive about it perhaps I should?

:)

Wyatt_15, Oct 2, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Knoxx29, Oct 2, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond BSOD After Windows Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD After Windows Update - Similar Threads - BSOD Update

2. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709: Hi all. I've had this Lenovo Yoga 720 15" laptop since 2017 and have done countless hours and methods of troubleshooting to try and get this thing to update, but it always BSODs for 90% of the Windows updates. Thus, I seem to be permanently stuck on version 1709. I think it...
  3. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709: Hi all. I've had this Lenovo Yoga 720 15" laptop since 2017 and have done countless hours and methods of troubleshooting to try and get this thing to update, but it always BSODs for 90% of the Windows updates. Thus, I seem to be permanently stuck on version 1709. I think it...
  4. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...
  6. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...
  7. bsod after drivers update 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8057AD41A71, 0xFFFFF48CBE90E9E8,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod after drivers update 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8057AD41A71, 0xFFFFF48CBE90E9E8,...: hi! i have bsod every time i update drivers of my gpu nv gtx960m from any source oficial nvidia site, geforce expirience, windows driver updater... ive tried 5-6 times and one of them even ended up with the impossobility of restoring recovery point, i had to reinstall...
  8. Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service: Hello, since updating to the newest version of Windows 11 Pro I've had problems with starting my system. Notably it crashes with a BSOD like 2-3 times at startup and it's a gamble whether it will progress normally or not. It works fine for about 10 seconds and then it...
  9. Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service

Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service: Hello, since updating to the newest version of Windows 11 Pro I've had problems with starting my system. Notably it crashes with a BSOD like 2-3 times at startup and it's a gamble whether it will progress normally or not. It works fine for about 10 seconds and then it...
  10. BSOD when deleting files trying to update drivers or freshly reinstall windows + windows...

BSOD when deleting files trying to update drivers or freshly reinstall windows + windows...: Been using my pc for about 3 months just fine then I installed valorant and the Antichrist started crashing after I had to turn secure boot on to play the game and over time the crashes have gotten worse to the point I can barely use the pc the error codes are “ATTEMPTED...