Windows 10: BSOD and application crashes

Discus and support BSOD and application crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having ongoing blue screens and application crashes and I'm very lost on what to do. I have reinstalled Windows 10 fresh today, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Max_Radical, Apr 11, 2021.

1. BSOD and application crashes

Hi,

I've been having ongoing blue screens and application crashes and I'm very lost on what to do. I have reinstalled Windows 10 fresh today, after formatting my two storage devices entirely, and during the install process I had 1 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD and since then I have had 2 more of the same BSODS and 1 DRIVERS IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD. I've also had 3 different video games fail to launch at all after hours of troubleshooting due to error 0xc0000005 which may or may not be related. I beleive this could all be due to a faulty driver somehow, but I don't have the knowledge to be sure what the problem is or how to fix it. I also think there may be a problem with my ram, however I have swapped out my ram for different modules and had no success with them, either.

I will link a dropbox folder below containing a dxdiag file, system info file and the 3 .dmp files from my BSODs today. Any assistance at all appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5boywk5gabs20h/AAAC8kLNlI8V-895PD7on0nra?dl=0

Thanks

:)

Max_Radical, Apr 11, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

Here are some that are close to the BSOD crash time but i dont think they have to do anything with the BSOD.

nootshack1312, Apr 11, 2021
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD and application crashes

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

BSOD and application crashes

1. BSOD and application crashes - Similar Threads - BSOD application crashes

2. Regular application crashes and BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular application crashes and BSODs: I am currently experiencing regular crashes of different applications on my machine. Most prominent are crashes of jvm applications which are always caused by anEXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xc0000005When proceeding to restart those applications then my OS will eventially crash...
  3. Regular application crashes and BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regular application crashes and BSODs: I am currently experiencing regular crashes of different applications on my machine. Most prominent are crashes of jvm applications which are always caused by anEXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xc0000005When proceeding to restart those applications then my OS will eventially crash...
  4. Regular application crashes and BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lots of BSOD's and application crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of BSOD's and application crashes: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra Intel 9900kNvidia RTX 3070 FE Corsair Vengeance RGB 2 x 16 GB Replaced with Corsair vengeance LPX 16GB x 2 last night - XMP off Everything updated, proper drivers, etc During gaming I'll get a BSOD sometimes and usually it'll say memory management...
  6. Lots of BSOD's and application crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of BSOD's and application crashes: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra Intel 9900kNvidia RTX 3070 FE Corsair Vengeance RGB 2 x 16 GB Replaced with Corsair vengeance LPX 16GB x 2 last night - XMP off Everything updated, proper drivers, etc During gaming I'll get a BSOD sometimes and usually it'll say memory management...
  7. Lots of BSOD's and application crashes

8. recurring bsod and application crashes

recurring bsod and application crashes: i posted a question about recurring system crashes earlier today, this is regarding the same issue. i have uploaded the dump files memory.dmp and the minidump folder along with logs from dism.exe file check to the documents folder in OneDrive, i hope this helps diagnose and...
  9. Application Crashes and BSOD Issues

Application Crashes and BSOD Issues: Recently my computer has been suffering from game crashes and now bsods. I have fenagled with device drivers, reinstalling and rolling in an attempt to find something more stable. I have run memtest and multiple CHKDSK to make sure the ram and drives are stable. At the moment...
  10. BSODs and crashing in applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSODs and crashing in applications: After reinstalling windows 2 times, installing all drivers, trying a different set of RAM, running several different softwares to check drive sectors for proper health, monitoring temps, among other things, I’m stilling running into annoying BSODs using Windows, and I just...