Windows 10: BSOD and Blank Screen!

Discus and support BSOD and Blank Screen! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I own an Alienware 17 R3. I'm not sure if this is all related to one issue: when I close my laptop's lid and leave it, when I come back and lift the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BB16MO, Jul 5, 2020.

1. BB16MO Win User

BSOD and Blank Screen!

I own an Alienware 17 R3. I'm not sure if this is all related to one issue: when I close my laptop's lid and leave it, when I come back and lift the lid the screen is blank/black and doesn't respond to any keybind/shortcut or click. The solution to gaining my screen back is to restart my computer each time. However, if I don't restart immediately and turn on my monitor, it shows a BSOD for "WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error".

I've tried to fix this issue on my own, as I am pretty good at finding similar situations from different search word variations. I did fix one BSOD which was caused by my mouse, however, I can not fix my card reader BSOD. I've tried many different search terms, combined in several different ways but no luck. I've done plenty of updates, checked using supportassist, windows update, a driver's own updater, etc. Even the driver that is causing the persistant BSOD is updated to the most recent version for my computer, downloaded from Dell's website after it detected my specific computer and its specifications etc.

Here's what I've tried so far:

• Updated display adapters, card reader the problem, monitor, etc forgot what I've done already
    • Ran multiple Driver Verifier tests listed later
    • Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic overnight no errors/issues
    • Checked overclocking settings not on or available
    • Ran commands that check for corruption and fix if possible none present

OneDrive system info, dumps and driver list:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjAsy8LYrwsSg0mqYEIkqWqv8UsI?e=XQdd8S

*If you need more information, please don't hestitate to let me know! I have included what I have learned is necessary from reading other posts. Thank you for your time, whether you are able to fix my issue or not.*

:)

BB16MO, Jul 5, 2020

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jul 5, 2020
  3. kodex Win User
    Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Jul 5, 2020
  4. BSOD and Blank Screen!

blank screen

Hi Philip,

Black screen error has many symptoms. Examples are: when you recently updated your computer, there are changes that are still applying during the boot process, and you are in the process of installing a software. To have a better grip on this blank
    screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can you send us a photo?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How much free space do you have on your hard disk?

In addition, you can visit this link: Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    to start troubleshooting this black screen issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

BSOD and Blank Screen!

1. BSOD and Blank Screen! - Similar Threads - BSOD Blank Screen

2. A lot of BSOD, black/blank screen, and unresponsive screen/freeze.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A lot of BSOD, black/blank screen, and unresponsive screen/freeze.: I've experienced a lot of BSOD, black screen, and unresponsive screen. I've tried using DISM and sfc commands, I also tried chkdsk to make sure, but it doesn't seem to help because I still have the issues. The BSOD I have experienced are:Kernel Mode Heap CorruptionPage Fault...
  3. A lot of BSOD, black/blank screen, and unresponsive screen/freeze.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of BSOD, black/blank screen, and unresponsive screen/freeze.: I've experienced a lot of BSOD, black screen, and unresponsive screen. I've tried using DISM and sfc commands, I also tried chkdsk to make sure, but it doesn't seem to help because I still have the issues. The BSOD I have experienced are:Kernel Mode Heap CorruptionPage Fault...
  4. A lot of BSOD, black/blank screen, and unresponsive screen/freeze.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blank screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  6. BSOD, Blank Screen and Buzz Sound

BSOD, Blank Screen and Buzz Sound: From many days, I am having problems of these.BSOD happens with stop codes: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION and rarely other. BSOD screen will stuck at 0% and no memory dumps are collected. Need to hard reboot every time. Happens once every two days.Blank...
  7. Blank Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Screen: Good Day I have a Samsung laptop. It was running into startup problems, saying there is a problem with the registry. I inserted the Windows10 boot USB and ran the troubleshooting tool to fix disc errors. After 1 hour the progress was complete and I restarted. Now nothing...
  8. Blank screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank screen: My screen is just blanked out after installing a theme.I cannot access to anything after restarting pc I created a restore point but to use that i can't access my screen.I tried windows key + ctrl + shift + B. But i got no response from it. Sometimes i am getting a gray...
  9. Screen blanking

Screen blanking: When I view the screen at anagle from the side it looks all white and milky - If I look at it perpendicular screen it looks fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-blanking/dedbb64f-e296-4928-afee-1546127d2121
  10. Blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen: I hope you can help, I have been 'updating' windows 10 from windows 7 since Monday. The screen has remained blank since then. Nothing is happening at all. After turning it off, the start up screen is just the windows 10 logo then the screen goes blank. Please help as now...