Windows 10: BSOD and boot loop after installing AMD Overdrive

Discus and support BSOD and boot loop after installing AMD Overdrive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I'm running Windows 10 and just installed AMD Overdrive. immediately upon restarting, the computer boots to the user login screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GarrettZehner, Jul 29, 2018.

1. BSOD and boot loop after installing AMD Overdrive

Hello everyone!

I'm running Windows 10 and just installed AMD Overdrive. immediately upon restarting, the computer boots to the user login screen and immediately restarts, which then begins the boot loop.

I was able to successfully restore from a System Restore Point twice, but this time it isn't allowing me to for some reason.

I've tried startup repair. I've tried safe booting. I've tried old system restore points. I've tried resetting my PC.. None of these have worked.

I'm still able to access Command prompt and can use this to hopefully fix the computer. Could someone please help me either revert/uninstall this program that causes this, or enable these restore points to start working?

Thanks.

Garrett

:)

GarrettZehner, Jul 29, 2018
  2. nxjl18 Win User

BSOD Loop on boot

Hello,

Earlier today my computer crashed into a BSOD and ever since then it is stuck on a BSOD loop when trying to boot into windows.

Things I have tried so far:

-Booting from a USB Windows (Loads the windows logo then BSOD)

-Letting it do automatic repair (BSOD)

-Letting it do disk check (BSOD)

-Running it with different RAM sticks (BSOD)

-Running it without the 1060 (BSOD)

-Clearing BIOS settings (BSOD)

I am at a loss. Any help appreciated.

System

-Intel i5 6600k

-Nvidia 1060

-16gb ram

-gigabyte z170x

nxjl18, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Geheeh Win User
    How do you launch windows 10 in safe mode, if you cant boot normally?

I get a BSOD on the log in screen after about 3 seconds due to AMD overdrive still being installed on a rebuild. How can I boot into safe mode to disable/remove AMD overdrive?

I have tried F8 but it does not work.

Thanks,

G

Geheeh, Jul 29, 2018
  4. A5hm Win User

BSOD and boot loop after installing AMD Overdrive

AMD Overdrive and TMPIN1/2/3

Hi i just got AMD Overdrive today to check my AMD FX8350 "Thermal Margin" the only thing is that my TMPIN1/2/3 all a show absurd number of temp and I'm wondering what's going on ?

BSOD and boot loop after installing AMD Overdrive [​IMG]

Thema:

BSOD and boot loop after installing AMD Overdrive

1. BSOD and boot loop after installing AMD Overdrive - Similar Threads - BSOD boot loop

2. Flex 5 in boot loop after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flex 5 in boot loop after BSOD: I have 3 Lenovo Flex 5. A couple of days ago 2 of them had the BSOD when I first saw them in the morning. One after touching the keyboard returned to normal, the other is in a constant boot loop. I get the Lenovo splash screen and the spinning dots, then it shuts down and...
  3. Flex 5 in boot loop after BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flex 5 in boot loop after BSOD: I have 3 Lenovo Flex 5. A couple of days ago 2 of them had the BSOD when I first saw them in the morning. One after touching the keyboard returned to normal, the other is in a constant boot loop. I get the Lenovo splash screen and the spinning dots, then it shuts down and...
  4. Flex 5 in boot loop after BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD boot loop after running verifier.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD boot loop after running verifier.exe: Hi guys! i need help on analyzing the memory.dmp of my laptop after the bsod boot loop nightmare i had experienced a while ago. Thank you!******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  6. BSOD boot loop after running verifier.exe

BSOD boot loop after running verifier.exe: Hi guys! i need help on analyzing the memory.dmp of my laptop after the bsod boot loop nightmare i had experienced a while ago. Thank you!******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  7. BSOD Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Boot Loop: Hello and help, My windows 10 computer is in a continuous loop. upon boot up, I get "preparing auto repair, then diagnosing your computer, then it goes to a blue screen with all the troubleshoot options, none of which work, im currently in dos at the x:/windows/system32>...
  8. Boot loop and BSOD.

Boot loop and BSOD.: Hi, new to the forum, I'm pretty desperate for help with some issues with W10 Pro, apologies if I fail some etiquette. Recently I had a BSOD with an error about the ntfs.sys having an issue. After rebooting windows goes into a boot loop and automatic repair failure. I've...
  9. Boot loop and BSOD.

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot loop and BSOD.: Hi, new to the forum, I'm pretty desperate for help with some issues with W10 Pro, apologies if I fail some etiquette. Recently I had a BSOD with an error about the ntfs.sys having an issue. After rebooting windows goes into a boot loop and automatic repair failure. I've...
  10. AMD Overdrive and TMPIN1/2/3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Overdrive and TMPIN1/2/3: Hi i just got AMD Overdrive today to check my AMD FX8350 "Thermal Margin" the only thing is that my TMPIN1/2/3 all a show absurd number of temp and I'm wondering what's going on ? [img] 73477

Users found this page by searching for:

1. got bsod after installing amd overdrive

2. amd overdrive tmpin1 thermal margin