Windows 10: BSOD and Com errors in Event Viewer when playing a game and watching Netflix at same time

Discus and support BSOD and Com errors in Event Viewer when playing a game and watching Netflix at same time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been trying to find out what is causing this BSOD unhandled system thread exception dxgmms2.sys for a long time now and I think I know what is causing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andrew Scott, Oct 9, 2019.

1. BSOD and Com errors in Event Viewer when playing a game and watching Netflix at same time

Been trying to find out what is causing this BSOD unhandled system thread exception dxgmms2.sys for a long time now and I think I know what is causing it, just don't know how to fix it.

So for 5 years I have been seeing the following issue popup in the vent viewer and there is 12 entries every time it happens.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{354FF91B-5E49-4BDC-A8E6-1CB6C6877182}

and APPID

{354FF91B-5E49-4BDC-A8E6-1CB6C6877182}

to the user ENTERPRISE\andrews SID (S-1-5-21-591862000-3007944750-1409456487-1003) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container 4DF9E0F8.Netflix_6.94.574.0_x64__mcm4njqhnhss8 SID (S-1-15-2-444797119-353723001-3522112724-563070080-1809981734-922308773-1844997097). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

So a bit of a background, the computer has 32Gb ram, Aorus 1080TI and I have 2 monitors connected to the GPU, when not gaming, but watching Netflix, on the 2nd Monitor, I will get a black screen for about 1sec and it affects one monitor or both. Just seems different, the last few months I have been checking the event viewer every time it happens and the above error is is listed in the event viewer at the same exact time.

Now comes the kicker, if I am playing a game like Sea of Thieves, State of Decay or Ark, heavy on the GPU games. The screen will sometimes pause, both netflix and the game, would literally pause. And 70% of the time it happens it will BSOD and each time I look in the event viewer, the above error is literally appearing 12 times at the same exact time.

Now if I am not playing a game and watching Netflix and watching a youtube video, I have seen the exact same behavior, with a black screen and sometimes a BSOD with the error listed above, as well as 12 times the error in the event viewer in the log.

So the question, is why is this error appearing and why is it literally halting the entire system and in some cases long enough enough to bring the system down.

Windows 10 is fully up to date, nvidia drivers are fully up to date and I have tried only running MS services and drives with the same exact issues.

I have spoken to nVidia and Gigabyte and the place where I have bought the computer, trying to find out whether this is a hardware issue or a software issue and nobody seems to know. The dump files all point to DirectX12 and nVidia Drivers and the last BSOD I got was a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR 116 and now I am beginning to think this is now something to do with Windows 10 itself.

Anyone have a clue what I can do o fix this?

:)

Andrew Scott, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Laur_n Win User
    BSOD when watching Netflix and Hulu

This is becoming a constant and it's incredibly frustrating. Every time I'm watching something on Netflix or Hulu my computer crashes to the BSOD! I have no clue what to do.

I've tried running diagnostics tests, clearing my cache, updating drivers; nothing seems to work! This began occuring right after upgrading to Windows 10. With the exception of the nightly BSOD when I'm trying to unwind and go to sleep, Windows 10 has been
    running beautifully.

Please help!! I'm not particularly tech savy, so if there is a step-by-step guide it would be greatly appreciated BSOD and Com errors in Event Viewer when playing a game and watching Netflix at same time :)

Laur_n, Oct 9, 2019
  4. BSOD and Com errors in Event Viewer when playing a game and watching Netflix at same time

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

BSOD and Com errors in Event Viewer when playing a game and watching Netflix at same time

1. BSOD and Com errors in Event Viewer when playing a game and watching Netflix at same time - Similar Threads - BSOD Com errors

2. BSOD while watching Netflix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while watching Netflix: Hi, my computer just went BSOD while i was watching Netflix with the App installaed from microsoft store.and there is nothing more running on my computeranyone can tell me what was wrong?hardware:CPU; Ryzen 7 3700XRAM: 32GBGPU: Nvidia 2070Scurrently running Windows 10 Home...
  3. BSOD while watching Netflix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while watching Netflix: Hi, my computer just went BSOD while i was watching Netflix with the App installaed from microsoft store.and there is nothing more running on my computeranyone can tell me what was wrong?hardware:CPU; Ryzen 7 3700XRAM: 32GBGPU: Nvidia 2070Scurrently running Windows 10 Home...
  4. BSOD while watching Netflix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD error in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error in event viewer: I got a BSOD and this appeared in the event viewer, can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-error-in-event-viewer/07e70a19-077f-4b63-8332-f7cccacca8e0
  6. BSOD error in event viewer

BSOD error in event viewer: I got a BSOD and this appeared in the event viewer, can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-error-in-event-viewer/07e70a19-077f-4b63-8332-f7cccacca8e0
  7. BSOD and errors in event viewer!

BSOD and errors in event viewer!: So my issue has been a constant battle for about 3-5 days straight and its the fact my pc is crashing a lot over small things Examples: Running any game for even a little bit, browsing the internet, sometimes even just having pc idle. All of the above causing my computer to...
  8. Error in Event viewer, source Distributed COM event id10016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error in Event viewer, source Distributed COM event id10016: Hi, i looked through event viewer after 2 weeks or so and i found an error from last 7 days happening daily. the error is The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  9. BSOD playing games, or sometimes when watching videos.

BSOD playing games, or sometimes when watching videos.: Hey all. I've been getting bsod's mainly when I am playing League of Legends, or any other game really. It's been ongoing for about 2 months now. These past couple weeks have been very bad, happening every day. It's inconsistent as well, I could play for hours and nothing...
  10. BSOD during gaming and sometimes when watching Netflix/Browsing

BSOD during gaming and sometimes when watching Netflix/Browsing: Hi I'm new here. I was hoping someone could help diagnose my BSOD issues. I upgraded my video card to a MSI Radeon R9 390 recently. But my Motherboard is a Gigabyte Model: GA-870A-UD3. It is running on PCI-e 2.0 rather than 3.0 but I don't know how to verify that...