Windows 10: BSOD and crashes to desktop when playing any game

Discus and support BSOD and crashes to desktop when playing any game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently built a brand new pc not more than a year old and I recently, out of the blue, have been having issues with games silently closing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZOMBI SLAYER81, Oct 11, 2023.

1. BSOD and crashes to desktop when playing any game

I've recently built a brand new pc not more than a year old and I recently, out of the blue, have been having issues with games silently closing to desktop and BSODs.Also, If I had to take a shot at anything before stating much, When I built this pc I reused an old SSD from an Alienware Aurora R9, which possibly might be causing these issues, as none of my parts are from or associated with dell.This is an error report of Sons of the Forest one of many games that crash after trying to play that I've found in System Information under Windows Error Reporting10/9/2023 7:39 PM Application Error

:)

ZOMBI SLAYER81, Oct 11, 2023

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Resolving Blue Screen errors in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 11, 2023
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD while playing games

Follow the instructions to run driver verifier again from BSOD while playing games, but now use these settings instead.
    • Special Pool
    • Force IRQL checking
    • Pool Tracking
    • Security Checks
    • Miscellaneous Checks
    • Power framework delay fuzzing
    • DDI compliance checking
    • I/O verification

4. BSOD and crashes to desktop when playing any game

BSOD/Reboots/crashes to desktop while playing 2 specific games

Greetings!

My PC experiences BSODs/Reboots/crashes to desktop while playing 2 specific games (Phoenix Point and Warcraft3), other games work fine. Phoenix Point seems to run especially unstable causing a bsod or crash about every 30 minutes on average while warcraft3 sometimes goes up to 3 hours and causes bsod/crashes in general less frequently.

Windows: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.657)

Krambambuli, Oct 11, 2023
Thema:

BSOD and crashes to desktop when playing any game

1. BSOD and crashes to desktop when playing any game - Similar Threads - BSOD crashes desktop

2. BSOD and crashes to desktop when playing any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and crashes to desktop when playing any game: I've recently built a brand new pc not more than a year old and I recently, out of the blue, have been having issues with games silently closing to desktop and BSODs.Also, If I had to take a shot at anything before stating much, When I built this pc I reused an old SSD from...
  3. BSOD and crashes to desktop when playing any game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and crashes to desktop when playing any game: I've recently built a brand new pc not more than a year old and I recently, out of the blue, have been having issues with games silently closing to desktop and BSODs.Also, If I had to take a shot at anything before stating much, When I built this pc I reused an old SSD from...
  4. crash to desktop when playing games memory_corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crash to desktop when playing games memory_corruption: im using windows 10 22h2 updated to latest updates, there is 1 game that keeps crashing to desktop while im playing, the other games doesnt crash, from what i see in the mdmp files it says memory_corruption, what should i doheres what inside the mdmp file Microsoft R Windows...
  5. crash to desktop when playing games memory_corruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    crash to desktop when playing games memory_corruption: im using windows 10 22h2 updated to latest updates, there is 1 game that keeps crashing to desktop while im playing, the other games doesnt crash, from what i see in the mdmp files it says memory_corruption, what should i doheres what inside the mdmp file Microsoft R Windows...
  6. BSOD / Game crashes when loading or playing most games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD / Game crashes when loading or playing most games: As read above the PC crashes almost everytime I try to launch or just start playing a game msot specififcally Rainbow six seige, I have tried using the driver verifier to but it put the system into a constant loop of bsods on startup, i get some dump files but most seem to...
  7. BSOD: Only crashes when playing games

BSOD: Only crashes when playing games: Hi I have been having issues with my PC crashing to a BSOD only while playing games both cpu and gpu intensive, mostly Divinity: Original sin 2, EU4, and subnautica, . I have reinstalled a clean windows from a bootable USB, updated all drivers, and stress tested my cpu, gpu,...
  8. Crashes/BSOD when playing games

Crashes/BSOD when playing games: As the title says, I am getting very frequent crashes and BSODs when I play games. When I am doing any less intensive tasks on my pc, everything is fine. The first 10 of the 12 months I've had this custom built pc were fine. Then, the BSODs and crashes started and have become...
  9. BSOD when playing any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing any game: Gday all, For the past few months I've been getting crashes to the blue screen or just random restarts, mainly BSOD. There's a link to my data dumps and my system info, I'm hoping this is the right place to put them. The time before last crash I got the IRQL NOT LESS OR...
  10. BSOD and PC crashes while playing any games

BSOD and PC crashes while playing any games: Pc randomly either freezes, turns itself off and then on immediately on. happens even while browsing a word document. i usually have youtube playing music in the background so nothing fancy to make it crash 87781