Windows 10: BSOD and crashes while playing games - some games more than others

Discus and support BSOD and crashes while playing games - some games more than others in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been getting Blue Screens of Death since about October while playing games and it seems to be isolated only to games so I've been going around fixing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DrSnoog, Feb 17, 2021.

1. DrSnoog Win User

BSOD and crashes while playing games - some games more than others

Been getting Blue Screens of Death since about October while playing games and it seems to be isolated only to games so I've been going around fixing whatever drivers I could but it still seems to come back at least once a week or so and it's a bit annoying. The error I get is as follows:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000048, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80751cfcb38. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 0160685a-e915-4040-b661-ac054b38f5e1.

Here are the details

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}" EventSourceName="BugCheck" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-02-09T04:01:22.3233505Z" />
    <EventRecordID>55783</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>LiteBrite</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">0x0000000a 0x0000000000000048, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80751cfcb38</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">0160685a-e915-4040-b661-ac054b38f5e1</Data>
    </EventData>

</Event>

Any help figuring out the error code would be nice as I'd like to be able to figure out what drivers are conflicting.

BSOD error code is IRQL NOT LESS EQUAL or something to that effect

Sometimes what failed is listed as dx12 or ntfs.sys

Here's some dump files.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An_uwaFIPgBti1SDyGK0CyJr5-nP?e=QYP9aX

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An_uwaFIPgBti1V9W7pHGDr8D8yW?e=1BApNi

Any help would be appreciated - by gut is telling me the SSD my games are on is faulty or not seating properly - or same thing with the GPU - gonna DDU the GPU drivers and fiddle around with SSD and make sure its in place.

Thanks!

:)

DrSnoog, Feb 17, 2021

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 17, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD while playing games

Follow the instructions to run driver verifier again from BSOD while playing games, but now use these settings instead.
    • Special Pool
    • Force IRQL checking
    • Pool Tracking
    • Security Checks
    • Miscellaneous Checks
    • Power framework delay fuzzing
    • DDI compliance checking
    • I/O verification

4. Fabiushow Win User

BSOD while playing games

Should I activate verifier for all drivers or only for unsigned drivers?

Fabiushow, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD and crashes while playing games - some games more than others - Similar Threads - BSOD crashes while

2. Some of the games keeps crashing while i play Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of the games keeps crashing while i play Games: Hi I have Joule Performance eSports RTX3070 II7Intel Core i7-11700K PC. But idk why my pc keeps crashing on games like Minecraft or The Finals. Since i have been on windows 11 some games just doesnt go well and crashes more then i wish it to happen and it ruins my fun time...
  3. Some of the games keeps crashing while i play Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of the games keeps crashing while i play Games: Hi I have Joule Performance eSports RTX3070 II7Intel Core i7-11700K PC. But idk why my pc keeps crashing on games like Minecraft or The Finals. Since i have been on windows 11 some games just doesnt go well and crashes more then i wish it to happen and it ruins my fun time...
  4. Windows crashing while playing video games and more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing while playing video games and more: A few months ago, my pc started crashing when playing video games. Sometimes games and also browser or discord close themselfs and after few seconds bulsescreen pop up and pc do not restart. Just freezing at bluescreen. The CPU and GPU seems to work fine under high usage and...
  5. Windows crashing while playing video games and more

Windows crashing while playing video games and more: A few months ago, my pc started crashing when playing video games. Sometimes games and also browser or discord close themselfs and after few seconds bulsescreen pop up and pc do not restart. Just freezing at bluescreen. The CPU and GPU seems to work fine under high usage and...
  6. random BSODs and crashing while playing games

random BSODs and crashing while playing games: When I play games like Rainbow Six Siege my games either randomly crash or I just get a BSOD. I have used the Driver Verifier to find out the issue.Here is the MiniDump: 070723-13640-01.dmp...
  7. BSOD crash while playing a game, why??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD crash while playing a game, why??: Hello, i was playing cod warzone and suddenly after 1 hour of gameplay, my pc crashed with BSOD. I think it was a video_scheduler_internal_error if i remember correctly. i have the minidump file saved in my minidump folder, if necessary. Thank you for helping me...
  8. BSOD crash while playing a game, why??

BSOD crash while playing a game, why??: Hello, i was playing cod warzone and suddenly after 1 hour of gameplay, my pc crashed with BSOD. I think it was a video_scheduler_internal_error if i remember correctly. i have the minidump file saved in my minidump folder, if necessary. Thank you for helping me...
  9. BSOD while playing games - some games more than others

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing games - some games more than others: Been getting Blue Screens of Death since about October while playing games and it seems to be isolated to online games so I've been going around fixing whatever drivers I could but it still seems to come back at least once a week or so and it's a bit annoying. The error I get...
  10. Computer crash while playing some of the games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crash while playing some of the games.: [IMG] While I am playing some of the games, such as Roblox, Rainbow Six, Minecraft, my computer will crash after 3-5 mins when playing, when the computer crashed, with a crash report, it shows I have Driver_Power_State_Failure or DPC watchdog violation, I tried those...