Windows 10: BSOD and Event ID 41 Kernal Crash while gaming and exiting games

Discus and support BSOD and Event ID 41 Kernal Crash while gaming and exiting games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO is the text along with the BSOD. After checking Event Viewer Event ID 41 has happened 3x in the last 2 days, and over 12 in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TommyChangMang, Jul 9, 2020.

1. BSOD and Event ID 41 Kernal Crash while gaming and exiting games

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO is the text along with the BSOD. After checking Event Viewer Event ID 41 has happened 3x in the last 2 days, and over 12 in the last week.

This issue usually occurs when I am exiting a game, but also will happen when I have been gaming for over an hour or so.

What could this mean? Any help would be seriously appreciated. I have my .dmp files but not sure what to do with them.

I am running an Asus ROG Strix laptop.

CPU: i7-7700HQ @ 2.80 GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

RAM: 16GB

:)

TommyChangMang, Jul 9, 2020

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 9, 2020
  3. NubNubNub Win User
    BSOD twice today browsing web or playing gta|Kernal Power Event ID: 41

Hello I have been having trouble with my pc in the past month as it will randomly restart on its own while browsing or gaming
    The event log always shows:

Event 6008: The previous system shutdown at X:XX:XX PM (approx 20 minutes before error is logged) on ‎X/XX/‎XXXX was unexpected.

Then
    Kernal Power Event 41: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Graphics driver is up to date.
    Windows Version: 1607 x64bit OS build: 14393.693

Attached is the bsod files my system has gathered.

NubNubNub, Jul 9, 2020
  4. BSOD and Event ID 41 Kernal Crash while gaming and exiting games

Windows Kernel event ID 41 error whilst gaming

Hi,

I have been having this problem now for about 8 months and after trawling the internet for a solution I haven't found anything useful.

Often when I am playing a game, the computer will just immediately shutdown and restart as if I had held the power button down... It
    only happens when I am playing a game. The crashes are completely random as to when they occur. Some days there will be no crashes, and others I will have many. Prior to 8 months ago, I never had any crashes. I could play games perfectly for
    prolonged periods of time without a hiccup, however now, when I play the
    same
    games I could happily play before for extended periods of time, I get a crash.

A lot of people have been suggesting it could be temperature. So I monitored my temperatures very closely and my PC never got too hot.

I have not changed any hardware components in my PC either and my power supply is 750 watt so I easily have enough power.

The only thing that I have found is in the event viewer.

Every time my computer crashes and a Kernel event ID 41 critical error shows up, there is always the same 6 events which occur.

BSOD and Event ID 41 Kernal Crash while gaming and exiting games 6e24f4a8-8398-4131-af0b-c8f381a0a4f7.png
    These
    are 6, 6, 6, 98, 6 and 6. Every time.

The final event just before the id 41 crash is to do with a driver: File System Filter 'npsvctrig' (10.0, ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎16T03:28:33.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.

The second this driver is loaded, the PC crashes. I have looked to see if I can somehow remove this but with no avail.

Please if you have a suggestion as to what I can do, tell me.

Thanks in advance

Michael

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

MichaelTurner29, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

BSOD and Event ID 41 Kernal Crash while gaming and exiting games

1. BSOD and Event ID 41 Kernal Crash while gaming and exiting games - Similar Threads - BSOD Event Kernal

2. AuthenticAMD.sys EVENT 41, EVENT 6008 BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AuthenticAMD.sys EVENT 41, EVENT 6008 BSOD while gaming: I bought this custom build PC around 2 years back it worked completely fine for one and half years but since 6 months I'm having these BSODs randomly while playing occurring within range of 20 mins to 1 hour of gaming. BSOD shows WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR message and comes...
  3. AuthenticAMD.sys EVENT 41, EVENT 6008 BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AuthenticAMD.sys EVENT 41, EVENT 6008 BSOD while gaming: I bought this custom build PC around 2 years back it worked completely fine for one and half years but since 6 months I'm having these BSODs randomly while playing occurring within range of 20 mins to 1 hour of gaming. BSOD shows WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR message and comes...
  4. AuthenticAMD.sys EVENT 41, EVENT 6008 BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Event ID 41 while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 41 while gaming: So, since the sunday of two weeks ago my computer just restarts anytime, without a reason while I'm playing a game.Event Viewer shows a critical error by ID 41, Task Category 63.My PC has:AMD Ryzen 5 3600NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB2*8 GB Ram 3200MhzWindows 10 is running on a...
  6. Event ID 41 while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 41 while gaming: So, since the sunday of two weeks ago my computer just restarts anytime, without a reason while I'm playing a game.Event Viewer shows a critical error by ID 41, Task Category 63.My PC has:AMD Ryzen 5 3600NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB2*8 GB Ram 3200MhzWindows 10 is running on a...
  7. Event ID 41 while gaming

8. Kernal 41 task 63 bsod while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernal 41 task 63 bsod while gaming: Hi, I keep getting this problem while gaming mostly, 2 times i got it when i was watching YouTube. I don't know what the problem is. its mostly a hardware issue. I changed my power supply 3 months ago and still get this problem. help pls...
  9. Event ID 41 Power Kernal Error Crashes

Event ID 41 Power Kernal Error Crashes: I have been getting this error repeatedly and it is driving me insane. I have switched out my PSU, Mobo, RAM, and tested my video card, and it's not any of these. Temperatures are all fine as well. I did a complete re-install of Windows and it still crashed; I went back and...
  10. consistent crashes while gaming - events ids 6 and 98 followed by event ids 41

consistent crashes while gaming - events ids 6 and 98 followed by event ids 41: Hi, My Computer shuts down while gaming. looking at the event log I always see the following chain of events: [ATTACH] I have tried everything: updated drivers, upgraded CPU / GPU cooling, reinstalled software... upgraded the OS! I see some unlucky people have the...