Windows 10: BSOD and failure to restart using recovery disc

Discus and support BSOD and failure to restart using recovery disc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; BSOD issues and now computer fails to restart using recovery USB. Computer starts to load files after pressing F11 and then freezes after the whit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by djg9876, Feb 3, 2019.

1. djg9876 Win User

BSOD and failure to restart using recovery disc

BSOD issues and now computer fails to restart using recovery USB. Computer starts to load files after pressing F11 and then freezes after the whit status bar has filled across the screen. I have also tried using the repair function (3 interrupted restarts) but this has also failed. BSOD errors include 0xc000021 and 0xc000098. Please help.

:)

djg9876, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Feb 3, 2019
  3. techbuzz Win User
    Lenova recovery disc

If you haven't started the recovery yet then you could use the recovery button Lenovo Care Button). Just push it when you first turn on your machine and it will boot into the recovery partiton and restore it back to the original factory state.

If you have actually started the recovery process with the discs you have you are going to have to wait for tech support to open on Monday. All recovery discs are custom for particular machines. In other words, there aren't universal Lenovo 3000 recovery discs that work with all Lenovo 3000's. The recovery discs correspond with your exact machine type.

techbuzz, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Binge Win User

Random Restarts, No BSOD

He mentioned that he had done that above. Also I provided a BSOD details app. There were no BSODs to report.

Binge, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD and failure to restart using recovery disc - Similar Threads - BSOD failure restart

2. Recovery discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery discs: I am about to upgrade my Windows 10 to W11. Is it necessary to create recovery discs for 11 in case some day I need to reset Windows? or does this version has a recovery system in bios I can use instead? I asked the clerk who sold the computer to me at Best Buy, and also to...
  3. Recovery discs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery discs: I am about to upgrade my Windows 10 to W11. Is it necessary to create recovery discs for 11 in case some day I need to reset Windows? or does this version has a recovery system in bios I can use instead? I asked the clerk who sold the computer to me at Best Buy, and also to...
  4. Recovery discs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recovery disc

Recovery disc: My version of windows 10 is an online update from windows 7. When attempting to create a recovery disc, the following message is posted. "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC." Some required files are missing. To troubleshoot problems when your PC can't...
  6. Recovery Disc

Recovery Disc: I recently received a message on HP lapto that Hard Drive Failure was imminent. I used Microsoft support steps to create a recovery USB drive. I note that it only copied 5 GB of data while my recovery D drive on the computer has almost 15GB. I am wondering if the drive...
  7. BSOD Failure , Random Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Failure , Random Restart: Event Details: Keywords : 70368744177664,2 Event ID: 41 Task Category : 63 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-failure-random-restart/e838416d-790d-49a9-8d75-c27022e35b2c
  8. Recovery Discs

Recovery Discs: can i use windows 8 recovery discs in windows 10 to go back to windows 8 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-discs/3cc8b779-e374-43ca-9209-9b17553cb516
  9. Recovery discs

Recovery discs: How to use the foir RECOVERY DISCS of windows 8 one by one in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-discs/c0ad75d7-eac9-4318-a4d9-17c2978d0541
  10. recovery disc

recovery disc: please guide me to make recovery disc for window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-disc/ae97a879-3802-446e-ae8b-40f26fd5d81e